FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience today with FP's 60 days out from my first stay of a split resort trip.

Today was 60 days out for May 23. I had one night booked for May 23 at one Disney resort and 8 nights beginning May 24 for a 2nd Disney resort. My 9-day ticket had a start date of May 24.

I was able to book FP's for any of my days for dates coinciding with the 2nd resort stay but not for my arrival day of my first resort on May 23. I then modified my ticket on the Disney app so that the start day was May 23 and was able to book for my arrival day at the 1st resort.

I had thought that I would not need to modify the start date of my ticket but I guess I was wrong. I plan to upgrade to an AP at the gate on May 23 so hadn't bothered to modify my start date. I had to pay extra because the ticket was purchased before latest price increase. I was hoping for some luck at Guest Services and maybe miss out on this price increase when going for the AP and get current pricing bridged. As it is now, I expect to get current price credit on the 9-day for sure.

ETA: My resorts were room-only "regular" bookings with Disney. Yacht Club for first night's stay and Port Orleans Riverside for remainder. I was able to book FP's through the entire trip beginning on my first night's 60-days out.

Last edited:
My FP+ day is in 3 weeks. Two people on my planning list do not show the ticket icons. They are on my daughter's MDE account and do have linked tickets. Our plan was for me to make the FPs because DD will be working and I will be at home, but I don't believe I can, unless this is fixed. Can they help me at 407-939-4357? (That is the number listed on MDE under the Planning Party list.) I spoke with someone there yesterday because these same two people from my family & friends list did not appear on my planning list. Yesterday I was given only general info. They did not even ask for my personal info. I was able to get the two onto my planning list, but nothing that the CM told me helped with that.

As an alternative, I could schedule the FPs by signing on to DD's MDE account but her planning party lists my DS twice, only one of which has a ticket. I'm afraid that will mess things up, too. Any advice?

I also have a large party (17) and i’m Not sure everyone is linked. On my MDE account it says I have 14 ppl linked (everyone over 3yo). But when I go to the Fastpass page and try to select them it tells me to please link them? When I try to do that it says they are already linked? Will this correct itself when I get to my 60 day window? I don’t want to have a problem day of...

Great thread - very informative.

My question is regarding (surprise, surprise) a split stay and my booking window:

We will be at GF from 5/10-5/14, then offsite from 5/15-5/17. My 60 day window came and went last Thursday (10 pm MST) and I was able to book FPs for my onsite days no problem. After reading the above (and multiple other posts), I was under the impression that after my 60+ window, my offsite days would open up one at a time. However, I'm still not able to book anything for 5/15-5/17. Is this because my 60 day mark for the offsite stay hasn't hit yet, meaning I'll be able to book 5/15 on 3/15, 5/16 on 3/16, etc? Am I understanding this correctly?

Were you able to book the FPs at 60 days out for your off-site dates for each day individually? I'm extremely curious how this worked out for you since I'm in the exact same situation and nearing the booking window.

I've read a lot of contradictions on some (very lengthy) threads on DISboards and elsewhere about this the last few days, particularly that some reported guests are not able to book FPs at 60 days for the second, off-site dates of their split stay. In other words, they could book FPs at 60 days (plus the length of their on-site stay), but could only book their off-site days at 30 days out even thought their tickets were still valid through those dates.

Epcot question, if I book both tier 2 fastpasses for morning, but we don’t actually get to Epcot until like 2-3pm, do those 2 ‘expiring’ count as used fastpasses so I can then book another tier 1 after we use our initial tier 1? Or is it an issue bc we don’t technically have scanned our passes before they expired?

Split Stays

In February 2019, FP booking windows for split stays changed significantly. Back-to-back onsite stays no longer allow FPs to be booked earlier than normal for the second stay. You can now only book 60 days ahead of check-in day for each stay (for length of that stay) separately.
thanks

Split Stays

In February 2019, FP booking windows for split stays changed significantly. Back-to-back onsite stays no longer allow FPs to be booked earlier than normal for the second stay. You can now only book 60 days ahead of check-in day for each stay (for length of that stay) separately.
As Day-Day noted above and MrsNotes mentioned over in the DVC FastPass restrictions for split stays thread, DME appears to be once again considering Split Stays to be a single stay for the purpose of FP+.

As Day-Day noted above and MrsNotes mentioned over in the DVC FastPass restrictions for split stays thread, DME appears to be once again considering Split Stays to be a single stay for the purpose of FP+.
@Day-Day needs to note her Resort.

On the Rumors Board and on this board, Split Stays were open for full FP booking for DVC Split Stays - cash or points stays - all DVC-only.

When the change first went into effect there were many reports of DVC split stays also being closed to FP+. Chats and phone calls with WDW and DVC CMs resulted in different answers - for a while 'dueling' chat sessions were posted as to the future of DVC split stays. But in any case, MDE was blocking them and DVC CMs wouldn't do FP+ over the phone for the 2nd half of the split stay.

Then for a short time when the FP+ window was opening early for everyone, some (though apparently not all) DVC'ers could book over the split. But when the early FPs stopped so did the DVC split stay FPs.

Recently, DVC CMs (though not WDW CMs) have been more or less unanimously giving the answer that MDE *should* be allowing FPs to be booked over a DVC split stay - but that MDE was currently not allowing that to happen nor could the CM. Then on Friday, DVC92 reported for the first time that a DVC CM offered to do FPs for the 2nd half of a DVC stay over the phone. This morning, MrsNotes was the first person in a number of weeks to report being able to book across both halves of a DVC split stay with MDE...but it was still glitchy. At first it opened up her first stay + 1 day of her second stay and only after she made all the FP+ reservations for those days did the rest of her 2nd stay 'open up'.

I would be very happy for the simple statement, "Split Stays are open for full FP booking for DVC", to be true.

Last edited:
Thanks!

@mesaboy2 posts factual info that won’t be confusing to DISers. More reports may be needed. :)

I had a 4 split stay rez. 2 night YC 3 night VWL 3 night BLT 2 night OKW. Friends joining us for 3rd and 4th Rez. We have AP, they have 6 day tix.

My 60 day FP window opened 3/25. I was able to make every FP for my entire stay across all 4 reservations and include our friends in the FP the days they joined.

My 2 boys were prevented from FP on some days. I called the technical help desk and they weren’t properly linked in one of the reservations. The CM fixed that and added them to all the FP reservations they were missing.

Our friends are staying 1 day past us. I just had to add myself to their fp reservation and I could book their last day.

I didn’t book days 1&2 first. My whole window was open immediately.

I mentioned to the CM I was worried about booking window. She said as long as reservations are adjacent you should be able to book for 10 days.

I had a 4 split stay rez. 2 night YC 3 night VWL 3 night BLT 2 night OKW. Friends joining us for 3rd and 4th Rez. We have AP, they have 6 day tix.

My 60 day FP window opened 3/25. I was able to make every FP for my entire stay across all 4 reservations and include our friends in the FP the days they joined.

My 2 boys were prevented from FP on some days. I called the technical help desk and they weren’t properly linked in one of the reservations. The CM fixed that and added them to all the FP reservations they were missing.

Our friends are staying 1 day past us. I just had to add myself to their fp reservation and I could book their last day.

I didn’t book days 1&2 first. My whole window was open immediately.

I mentioned to the CM I was worried about booking window. She said as long as reservations are adjacent you should be able to book for 10 days.
Is your YC reservation for a regular resort room or a DVC Reservation?

@Day-Day needs to note her Resort.

On the Rumors Board and on this board, Split Stays were open for full FP booking for DVC Split Stays - cash or points stays - all DVC-only.

My resorts were room-only "regular" bookings with Disney. Yacht Club for first night's stay and Port Orleans Riverside for remainder. I was able to book FP's through the entire trip beginning on my first night's 60-days out.

My resorts were room-only "regular" bookings with Disney. Yacht Club for first night's stay and Port Orleans Riverside for remainder. I was able to book FP's through the entire trip beginning on my first night's 60-days out.
Thanks! The thread needs to track the # of Split Stay people who can book for their complete stays when staying at 2 regular resorts.

Please report back if your window does not roll beyond checkout day of Stay#2 in a few days.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question....

We are hoping to travel to DW in early February 2020 and are more than hoping that Disney continues to extend the 60-day FP benefits to the hotels in Disney Springs (haven't seen anything yet for 2020).

If we book a room-only reservation now for 2/2020 and down the road (let's say after our FPs are booked), we learn that the DS hotel benefits are offered in 2020, would we lose our FP+ bookings when we book the DS hotel and cancel the on-site hotel? (Let's assume that both bookings are in MDE by then).

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter