FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2 different rooms booked for the same week, but only plan on keeping one of them. It depends on if my husband is going or not whether we need a little more space. Anyway, we have our fast passes booked since we are going the end of June.

Are the fast passes connected to a specific room reservation or will we be able to keep them as long as we have an onsite stay?

I'm scared to cancel either because I'm not sure which reservation they are tied to.

Anyone know?

Thanks!!

:thumbsup2 I have the same situation and the same question and want to verify that nothing has changed in the last few weeks, and that FPs are *not* connected to a specific onsite reservation, but that as long as there is an onsite reservation for the FP dates, the FP+ will stay. I want to verify that there haven't been any reports of FPs accidentally cancelled when an onsite stay is cancelled, but there is another onsite stay for those days. After a few experiences, I don't fully trust what goes on behind the scenes of MDE.

I've never had two reservations for the same time frame, but with the renovations going on at AKL, we are trying to decide if we are keeping that reservation or not, and the AP room rates have been varying WILDLY from day-to-day, so I currently have 2 onsite ressies booked for the same period and my FP day is in 3 days . So I will have to cancel one of the 2 onsite stays within 60 days and want to make sure this still doesn't affect FPs.

Thank you all!

:thumbsup2 I have the same situation and the same question and want to verify that nothing has changed in the last few weeks, and that FPs are *not* connected to a specific onsite reservation, but that as long as there is an onsite reservation for the FP dates, the FP+ will stay. I want to verify that there haven't been any reports of FPs accidentally cancelled when an onsite stay is cancelled, but there is another onsite stay for those days. After a few experiences, I don't fully trust what goes on behind the scenes of MDE.

I've never had two reservations for the same time frame, but with the renovations going on at AKL, we are trying to decide if we are keeping that reservation or not, and the AP room rates have been varying WILDLY from day-to-day, so I currently have 2 onsite ressies booked for the same period and my FP day is in 3 days . So I will have to cancel one of the 2 onsite stays within 60 days and want to make sure this still doesn't affect FPs.

Thank you all!

I ended up booking two new rooms and cancelling our existing two rooms and our fast passes are still there with no issues. Just make sure to keep at least one room booked.

I have a question about FP and DAH.
If we go to Epcot before MK DAH can we book 3 FP's at Epcot and have 3 for MK with the DAH ticket the same day?

I have a question about FP and DAH.
If we go to Epcot before MK DAH can we book 3 FP's at Epcot and have 3 for MK with the DAH ticket the same day?

From Post #10, note last sentence:
- FPs cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Early Morning Magic, or Disney After Hours. In the past, MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets could be used for scheduling FPs during the party’s 3-hour grace period from 4:00p to 7:00p. Currently this is still generally true (albeit only from 4:00p to 6:00p) but only for some guests in certain ticket situations. If a guest is attending during the day and a party on the same night, the maximum of 3 prescheduled FPs per guest still applies.

I have a question regarding FP's and DVC stays.

My 60 day window is coming up in 3 days. We are all DVC AP holders and we always do split stays. Right now I have 12 or 13 nights booked between BC and BLT (with a wait list on one or two days). My plans are not firm until I purchase airfare and I haven't even looked at that yet. I usually buy airfare around 6 weeks out.

If I make a change to my arrival date after the 60 day window and all of my FP's are booked, will all of my FP's be cancelled? I'm not sure which day we will arrive. Maybe July 31 or August 1st - obviously the resort day that I cancel, those FP's will be cancelled. I'm just worried about all the other days.

I'm also worried because I have 2 wait lists and that can, and will change some of my resort reservations around after the 60 day window has passed. Any DVC families out there with similar problems recently?

I have a question regarding FP's and DVC stays.

My 60 day window is coming up in 3 days. We are all DVC AP holders and we always do split stays. Right now I have 12 or 13 nights booked between BC and BLT (with a wait list on one or two days). My plans are not firm until I purchase airfare and I haven't even looked at that yet. I usually buy airfare around 6 weeks out.

If I make a change to my arrival date after the 60 day window and all of my FP's are booked, will all of my FP's be cancelled? I'm not sure which day we will arrive. Maybe July 31 or August 1st - obviously the resort day that I cancel, those FP's will be cancelled. I'm just worried about all the other days.

I'm also worried because I have 2 wait lists and that can, and will change some of my resort reservations around after the 60 day window has passed. Any DVC families out there with similar problems recently?
So long as you still have an onsite stay booked, you won’t lose any FPs associated with those dates (so if a waitlist comes through and replaces an existing stay, no impact to FPs).

I have 10 day ticket ( 8/3 - 8/17 )and 2 villains tickets (8/1 and 8/8), 1 DAH AK ticket (8/12). Staying on-site except for 8/1 villains party. On party days, we will not use a regular ticket, so I'd like to book FP for the hours before the party starts. Last year, when I tried this I got the FP cancellation notices. I cancelled them as I didn't want to risk losing them.

I called IT this year and was told that if I book the FP for the parties last, I should avoid this issue. (I don't have a lot of faith in the customer service answers). It made sense to me.

However, somewhere I read that once I make these 13 days of FP, I need to leave them alone. That making changes could trigger the warning and cancellation of FP, which are the end days of the trip, not the party days. I don't remember where I read this info.

1. Does this sound correct?
2. Do not make changes...what does this mean? No changes at all? Or just don't change the dates the FP are scheduled on? No changes even during the trip?
3. When I add the FP for the Villains party for 8/1 at the 30 day mark -- is that a change?

THanks for your help.

I have 10 day ticket ( 8/3 - 8/17 )and 2 villains tickets (8/1 and 8/8), 1 DAH AK ticket (8/12). Staying on-site except for 8/1 villains party. On party days, we will not use a regular ticket, so I'd like to book FP for the hours before the party starts. Last year, when I tried this I got the FP cancellation notices. I cancelled them as I didn't want to risk losing them.

I called IT this year and was told that if I book the FP for the parties last, I should avoid this issue. (I don't have a lot of faith in the customer service answers). It made sense to me.

However, somewhere I read that once I make these 13 days of FP, I need to leave them alone. That making changes could trigger the warning and cancellation of FP, which are the end days of the trip, not the party days. I don't remember where I read this info.

1. Does this sound correct?
2. Do not make changes...what does this mean? No changes at all? Or just don't change the dates the FP are scheduled on? No changes even during the trip?
3. When I add the FP for the Villains party for 8/1 at the 30 day mark -- is that a change?

THanks for your help.
“No changes” means no changes to your TRIP. So do not change the dates, modify your resort, or even add ME. Leave the reservation completely alone once FPs are booked.

“No changes” means no changes to your TRIP. So do not change the dates, modify your resort, or even add ME. Leave the reservation completely alone once FPs are booked.

How about adding tickets? I intend to buy H20 glow tickets. I could just buy them in an unrelated account to be safe.

And selecting magic bands? Can I make changes there?

Thanks for your help.

How about adding tickets? I intend to buy H20 glow tickets. I could just buy them in an unrelated account to be safe.

And selecting magic bands? Can I make changes there?

Thanks for your help.
I don’t recall either of those mentioned as triggers in prior years, but if you’re able do to those things prior, I would just in case.

Hi All. Quick Question ( I Hope!)

We have a party of 5 all linked on MDE and fast passes have been made for all. There is one resort reservation for 4, room-only, booked with DVC points. If I need to switch out one person from my resort reservation and replace them with another in my party, will the person who no longer has their name on a resort reservation "lose" their fastpasses?

The person will still have their park ticket (not purchased as a package with the resort; purchased separately) and will still be in the party - just not staying on the resort. The fast passes were booked 60 days in advance, and we are KEEPING the resort reservation. We are 3 days away from the reservations.

Thank you very much for the help.

I don’t recall either of those mentioned as triggers in prior years, but if you’re able do to those things prior, I would just in case.

Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it

I picked my FP this morning. So to be safe I’ll use an alternate email address to buy H2Oglow tickets.

And more thanks because you saved me the cost of upgrading the magic bands. Now I have the perfect reason to convince myself I don’t need them and just stick with colors.

You can only book fastpass 60 days out for on-site reservations (hotel). Other days fastpass will become available at 30 days out. If you are staying off site but a participating hotel (some Disney Springs for sure) you can schedule 60 days out of check-in of that hotel. Hope this helps.

Making sure I’m reading this right.....

Room one - Yacht Club 8/10-18
Room two - AKL 8/14-18 booked on a package and can’t change due to significant price increase

When making FPs for room 1 I will not be able to include guests in room 2 for 8/15 & 8/16 because they are booked on a package and will instead have to wait until 60 days from room 2’s check in day and hopefully match room 1s FPs. Even though every one being linked in friends and family.

Making sure I’m reading this right.....

Room one - Yacht Club 8/10-18
Room two - AKL 8/14-18 booked on a package and can’t change due to significant price increase

When making FPs for room 1 I will not be able to include guests in room 2 for 8/15 & 8/16 because they are booked on a package and will instead have to wait until 60 days from room 2’s check in day and hopefully match room 1s FPs. Even though every one being linked in friends and family.

I'm going to try to beat the expert on the answer and hope I am right...

FP's for guests in Room Two can be booked at the 60-day mark from 8/10 if included with guests from Room One. The specific park days that can be booked for the Room Two guests are limited to the park days on the tickets which should be 8/14-18.

I'm going to try to beat the expert on the answer and hope I am right...

FP's for guests in Room Two can be booked at the 60-day mark from 8/10 if included with guests from Room One. The specific park days that can be booked for the Room Two guests are limited to the park days on the tickets which should be 8/14-18.

Thank you. That will work for our group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter