FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me & a friend are going to Disney World for the 1st time. We are staying inside Disney so I know we get 60 day advance to book FP If we booked together will we pick our FP as 1 or will each of us need to pick them. I'm just wondering if we have to book them separately that we wont get the same times. Also any tips on which rides to pick as our FP would be great! We are going Jan 5-8, 2020! Thanks!

From Post #2:
- All guests entering an attraction's FP queue must have a valid FP for that attraction, including all character M&Gs. The only exceptions to this are small children under 3yo, who do not need FPs.

Also see Post #8.

Hi,
I bought an AP for the first time.
I had no trouble booking my fast passes at the 60 day mark for my entire onsite stay Aug 30-sep 4, then also sep 14-16. But when I went to book 30 days out at for my off site stay, I was only able to book 1 day.
My fast passes are sporadic:
Aug 31 FP/dolphin
Sep 1 FP/dolphin
Sep 2 Dolphin
Sep 3 FP/dolphin
Sep 4 FP/dolphin
Sep 5
Sep 6
Sep 7
Sep 8
Sep 9 FP off site (only because I cancelled sep 2)
Sep 10 would like a FP? Off site
Sep 11 would like a FP? Off site
I called Disney, and they told me the computer didn’t recognize my stay. Can I do anything? The closer we get, the more it doesn’t look like I will match up fast passes to my friends. The dolphin linked my 2 separate bookings in their computer. (Aug 30-sep1, sep1-4) Maybe that’s why?

From Post #3, note last sentence:
- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater. Multiple trips within a short period can confuse MDX and result in unpredictable FP booking behavior.

Just making sure I understand. At magic kingdom, the rides there aren't subject to tiering? So all 3 of my fastpass selections can be level A rides?

Another question, sorry! We are planning on going into Epcot on arrival day, mid afternoon. If I schedule 2 useless tier 2s before we arrive, will that count as using them (even though we haven’t entered a park yet) so we can book a 4th when we scan into our third attraction?

ETA - we will be activating our APs as well this day, if that changes anything.

Another question, sorry! We are planning on going into Epcot on arrival day, mid afternoon. If I schedule 2 useless tier 2s before we arrive, will that count as using them (even though we haven’t entered a park yet) so we can book a 4th when we scan into our third attraction?

ETA - we will be activating our APs as well this day, if that changes anything.

It is supposed to work that way but don't be surprised if it doesn't. Many times they won't both fall off and you'll need to use/burn tier 2's before adding an additional tier 1.

It is supposed to work that way but don't be surprised if it doesn't. Many times they won't both fall off and you'll need to use/burn tier 2's before adding an additional tier 1.

Thanks, I’ll remember that! We most likely will be leaving before dinner time anyways and won’t need it, but figured I might as well keep our options as open as they can be.

Me & a friend are going to Disney World for the 1st time. We are staying inside Disney so I know we get 60 day advance to book FP If we booked together will we pick our FP as 1 or will each of us need to pick them. I'm just wondering if we have to book them separately that we wont get the same times. Also any tips on which rides to pick as our FP would be great! We are going Jan 5-8, 2020! Thanks!

You can and will want to pick the FP's at the same time in order to get the same FP entry times. You select your self and your friend as part of the process but you do need to be linked as Friends and Family in MDE before you can do that.

Do you have to book fastpasses each day? For example, my first day is January 21, does that mean I have to wake up each morning 60 days prior to book fastpasses? Or the beginning of my 5 day ticket I book for all of the days?

Hey so has anyone ever had the WDW website refuse to treat your AP as a ticket when trying to look at FP? I’ve linked it to my account. It clearly shows as having linked to the account. Says I’m a pass holder and all that jazz but the FP keeps demanding I link a ticket. Which should be covered as an AP.

Im a bit embarrassed to call Disney IT since my trips not til december so October opening for FP. But I was curious about Epcot so thus the attempt and the decision to ask here first.

Do you have to book fastpasses each day? For example, my first day is January 21, does that mean I have to wake up each morning 60 days prior to book fastpasses? Or the beginning of my 5 day ticket I book for all of the days?

From Post #3:
- Onsite guests can book FPs for their entire stay including arrival day and departure day, for as many days as they have tickets for. The maximum number of days is at least 14—reliable data beyond this number is unclear. Practically speaking, this means FPs can be booked for more than 70 days away.

So I have a 5 day trip in November 23-28th.
Even if I do FP, I still need to do rope drop in order to avoid standing in line for FP? I will be traveling with kids, I don’t have to buy tickets for my 2 year old but do I need to book FP for them or no?

Also, if I book FP for my older child and me and my wife. My older child and I go use the FP ride while my wife waits with my 2 year old then when we come back can my wife go with my 5 older child and I wait with my 2 year old.

What happens to rides like Navi river where there is no height restriction but since 2 year old don’t need a ticket they don’t need FP and can ride with parents?

Hey so has anyone ever had the WDW website refuse to treat your AP as a ticket when trying to look at FP? I’ve linked it to my account. It clearly shows as having linked to the account. Says I’m a pass holder and all that jazz but the FP keeps demanding I link a ticket. Which should be covered as an AP.

Im a bit embarrassed to call Disney IT since my trips not til december so October opening for FP. But I was curious about Epcot so thus the attempt and the decision to ask here first.
You can only check FPs that are available within the next 30 days and aren’t blocked out. Does your AP have blackout dates?

So I have a 5 day trip in November 23-28th.
Even if I do FP, I still need to do rope drop in order to avoid standing in line for FP? I will be traveling with kids, I don’t have to buy tickets for my 2 year old but do I need to book FP for them or no?

Also, if I book FP for my older child and me and my wife. My older child and I go use the FP ride while my wife waits with my 2 year old then when we come back can my wife go with my 5 older child and I wait with my 2 year old.

What happens to rides like Navi river where there is no height restriction but since 2 year old don’t need a ticket they don’t need FP and can ride with parents?

As noted in Post #2, children under 3yo do not need FP—they can accompany anyone who does. The rest of your questions relate to child-swap, which is generally discussed on the Families forum.

You can only check FPs that are available within the next 30 days and aren’t blocked out. Does your AP have blackout dates?

No! Its a Premier Passport, valid 365 a year on both coasts. I can't even get into the calendar to look at any of the next 30 days. It just says I need to link a ticket.

I know expiration is coming up so maybe that's it? But its still valid in the parks so that doesn't make much sense either...

No! Its a Premier Passport, valid 365 a year on both coasts. I can't even get into the calendar to look at any of the next 30 days. It just says I need to link a ticket.

I know expiration is coming up so maybe that's it? But its still valid in the parks so that doesn't make much sense either...
If it expires before your trip, you can’t book FPs for park days where you don’t have valid admission.

We're coming up to our 60 day booking window in just over a week. Our first AK day is 60+1 and our second is 60+6. Should I first try to book FoP for 60+6 before I do the one for 60+1, or is it not as tough to get as it was two years ago when we were there? We'd like to do it in the morning both days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!