FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. All of this info is a little overwhelming. I’m just making sure I understand everything so I’m not confused

Completely understandable. Don’t believe my avatar, that’s my sarcasm on full display.

We're coming up to our 60 day booking window in just over a week. Our first AK day is 60+1 and our second is 60+6. Should I first try to book FoP for 60+6 before I do the one for 60+1, or is it not as tough to get as it was two years ago when we were there? We'd like to do it in the morning both days.

FOP is still among the most difficult to get, as always I recommend working from the end of your trip forward. There is no downside to this approach.

Hello everyone.

I want to be sure I’m understanding this correctly. If I have 3 fast passes at 1 park in the early afternoon and decide to hop to another park (after using all 3) can I make 4th fast pass selection at a different park?

We’ve never had park hoppers before... well at least not since having kids.

Hello everyone.

I want to be sure I’m understanding this correctly. If I have 3 fast passes at 1 park in the early afternoon and decide to hop to another park (after using all 3) can I make 4th fast pass selection at a different park?

Yes.

Hello everyone.

You don’t even have to use all 3 FP before hopping. You can book same day FP at the other park you are hopping to once you’ve used all booked FP’s at the 1st park, whether that be 1, 2 or 3. For instance you can FP 7DMT at MK and then same day FP Soarin at Epcot. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Is Disney still canceling FP+ if you cancel a room only reservation? I have two room only reservations for the same dates. I am going to cancel one of them depending on if I can find a room for my one missing day. My FP day is tomorrow. Will I lose the FP+ reservations later or will I be ok because I will always have a room only reservation?

We're coming up to our 60 day booking window in just over a week. Our first AK day is 60+1 and our second is 60+6. Should I first try to book FoP for 60+6 before I do the one for 60+1, or is it not as tough to get as it was two years ago when we were there? We'd like to do it in the morning both days.
I just got 4 FOP FPs for 4:45pm at 60+1 today

We have FP's booked for mornings while my husband will still be at his conference. If we just let his passes expire in the morning will we be able to book later passes for all of us together . We will likely be hopping in the evenings when he joins us.

We have APs and are staying onsite from Feb. 2 to Feb. 14, 2020. We can book FPs, 60 days out from Feb. 2 and at the same time can book right up to our departure on Feb. 14. Then we are going to stay off-site, not sure where. Can we still book FPs for Feb. 14 to Feb. 28 (expiry date of APs) at the 30 days out date? And can we book right up to Feb. 28 at the same time?
Thanks,
Tony

Question about FOP as 4th FP+. I'm looking for advice (and/or similar experiences). On May 2019 trip, MDX was all sorts of screwy (not hard to believe I realize), with glitches most days of our trip for pretty much all functions. This was also a week when FOP dropped out of service several times midday. Many guests (me included) were given extra FOP FP for same day or next day after being evacuated from line (in my case for fire alarm).

On a day with no FOP operational problems, we used our first three FP+s at AK, no issues. Went to Nomad for a cocktail and to refresh aggressively looking for a 4th FOP (which we've done countless times successfully during past trips). MDX would show available FOP, but not let us book it. The error message was same as if you had not yet used first three but oddly it would have let us book EE, Dino even Navi, just not FOP. Same glitch for all 4 guests in my party (all linked in friends and family in MDE). We went to the freestanding Guest Services outpost across from Russel and Doug Meet and Greet, waited in the long hot line (like everyone else), and then had discussion (argument really) with CMs who where adamant that you cannot make a 4th FP for FOP, ever, even after using first three. I said not true and that I've done it many times. They said it's never been possible.

I was persistent to the point of asking them to call someone who knew more about it. They did call someone else, and then reluctantly added the FP to FOP manually. Of course, after that ride we still could not get a 4th and eventually just left the park rather than argue more. (My apologies to anyone who was stuck in the extra long hot line behind me. I failed to put this in perspective and monopolized all of the CMs who were eager to agree with each other. I like that they supported each other -- less thrilled they did not know what they were talking about. I also totally get they probably fend off all sorts of FOP requests every day and have to say no often.)

My next trip is November, and I'm hoping the May FOP issue was an isolated glitch that never happens again. I've thought more about it since, and pondered that perhaps I should have called IT for help (since the CMs seemed unaware of FP+ rules, and were not very helpful absent me badgering them).

Anyone else have this happen, and if so, how did you resolve it? TIA!

do You have to already have park tickets to reserve fast passes? We will have hotel booked but we’re going to get tickets there. Will stay at shades of green. Do we need to buy park tickets before fast passes?

do You have to already have park tickets to reserve fast passes? We will have hotel booked but we’re going to get tickets there. Will stay at shades of green. Do we need to buy park tickets before fast passes?

Yes, you must have some tickets linked to your MDE account to be able to book FP's. You will not be able to book FP's until you get there if you do not plan to purchase tickets until your arrive. Having a hotel room means you can book at 60 days but by itself it doesn't qualify you to book FP's.

I should probably know the answer to this but I dont. HS has tiers. Once I use my tier 1 fp do I have 2 use my tier 2 passes before I can possibly get another tier 1 fp

I’m a California person and find WDW FPs so confusing, this thread helps.

I have onsite rooms booked and also flexible-date tickets. Both were bought on the same account but not as part of a package -!; they don’t look like they are “linked” in any way in the MDX app — I can see the room reservation and tickets but separately. Will I automatically be able to reserve FPs 60 days out from my check-in date in this state, or do I need to do something else?

I did a quick search but honestly it's 415am and I'm half awake. Due to our late booking we're doing 2 nights at coranado and then 3 at the hilton that is advertised here on the dis above for 3 nights. They have the 60 day fp window. Why will it only let me do my 1st 3 days instead of all 5 days?

I should probably know the answer to this but I dont. HS has tiers. Once I use my tier 1 fp do I have 2 use my tier 2 passes before I can possibly get another tier 1 fp
Yes. When using FPs in the same park, you must use (or let expire) all 3 before you can try for another tier 1.

We have FP's booked for mornings while my husband will still be at his conference. If we just let his passes expire in the morning will we be able to book later passes for all of us together . We will likely be hopping in the evenings when he joins us.
Yes. But if you will be changing parks, there’s no reason to book for than 1 FP for him in the morning park. Then you can just add him to the FPs that you book later in the day when he’s with you, one by one.

I did a quick search but honestly it's 415am and I'm half awake. Due to our late booking we're doing 2 nights at coranado and then 3 at the hilton that is advertised here on the dis above for 3 nights. They have the 60 day fp window. Why will it only let me do my 1st 3 days instead of all 5 days?
Are both reservations linked to your account? How many days worth of tickets do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter