FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all the MOD who answer and re answer these questions all the time!

Here is another subjective one for opinions.

I have , in the past had great experiences getting FP from the MDE app and the Paper ones from the kiosks....but thats' been changed .....

SO!

AT MK (early FEB): Does is make sense to get early morning FP to things you really do not want to ride to just "burn" though the first 3? Especially if the big ticket rides already do not have FP available 25 days out? I am concerned that once in the park, and using all my FP on rides I do not care about, that nothing will have changed and the desired FP will still remain unavailable. I could get FP at times I really do not want (late in the day) for some desired rides, but I will be running from one side of the park to another...

Thanks to all the MOD who answer and re answer these questions all the time!

Here is another subjective one for opinions.

I have , in the past had great experiences getting FP from the MDE app and the Paper ones from the kiosks....but thats' been changed .....

SO!

AT MK (early FEB): Does is make sense to get early morning FP to things you really do not want to ride to just "burn" though the first 3? Especially if the big ticket rides already do not have FP available 25 days out? I am concerned that once in the park, and using all my FP on rides I do not care about, that nothing will have changed and the desired FP will still remain unavailable. I could get FP at times I really do not want (late in the day) for some desired rides, but I will be running from one side of the park to another...
At MK there is no point burning FP's as there are no tiers. I would just look the night before and/or morning of and grab a FP for a top ride for near open.....once I use that just start adding from there. We often show up with only 1 or 2 FP's pre-selected because after we use the first we're already looking for something available right away. I wouldn't want my FP's tied up all day by afternoon FP's.

Last edited:
At MK there is no point burning FP's as there are no tiers. I would just look the night before and/or morning of and grab a FP for a top ride for near open.....once I use that just start adding from there. We often show up with inly 1 or 2 FP's pre-selected because after we use the first we're already looking for something available right away. I wouldn't want my FP's tied up all day by afternoon FP's.
Well , I go left and usually get POTC , JC and BTMRR all in the AM with little waiting. Then onto HM for about 4 rides.
The only other rides I truly care about are SM and Buzz. If I can grab a 7DMT FP it would be unexpected and nice.
So I still have to work through 3 FP before I can select a fourth and fifth and so on thou?
If SM is only avaiable now for late in the evening, am I not limiting possible choices by waiting till then? Or should I check my FP and change them as needed?

Well , I go left and usually get POTC , JC and BTMRR all in the AM with little waiting. Then onto HM for about 4 rides.
The only other rides I truly care about are SM and Buzz. If I can grab a 7DMT FP it would be unexpected and nice.
So I still have to work through 3 FP before I can select a fourth and fifth and so on thou?
If SM is only avaiable now for late in the evening, am I not limiting possible choices by waiting till then? Or should I check my FP and change them as needed?
Yes, you have to use 3 before adding more. If you have an evening FP then you won't be able to add more FP's until after it is used. You can look anytime but most of the movement inf FP's will occur on the night before and same day. Prior to that you can get lucky but it can also be a lot of time spent with no movement to change your existing FP's (no harm in looking earlier, just takes time).

Ok, think I will ditch that plan and get FP for at least SM, that I want. Maybe for BTMRR as well.

If a ride breaks down, we are issued a fastpass to allow us to come back at a different time correct? Does this impact us picking another ride? For example, we are doing SDMT at 6pm, but it breaks down. Do we have to wait to use the replacement fastpass before choosing our 4th fastpass?

If a ride breaks down, we are issued a fastpass to allow us to come back at a different time correct? Does this impact us picking another ride? For example, we are doing SDMT at 6pm, but it breaks down. Do we have to wait to use the replacement fastpass before choosing our 4th fastpass?
No, the paper passes are not linked to your MDE account.
As kong as you tap to entry. If you arrive and its broken be sure to ask to tap in anyway. As waiting till it expires is not always reliable.

If a ride breaks down you're normally given an Anytime (Multiple Experience) FP and it is on your MDE. If it breaks down during your FP time it will automatically happen even if you're not at the ride. It is just a bonus and you can immediately add another FP while still having the Anytime. Using that free FP does not count as having used a FP though which can affect tiered parks as it won't count towards your original 3 being used.

We have days that we aren't planning on going to the parks until evening. The current plan is to just book Test Track for example, on the night we plan on going to Epcot. Do we have to book 3? Or can we book Test Track and then if we decide there's something else we want once we get there can we still book our other two tier 2s? I feel like when FP+ first started you had to book 3 right when you booked them or you wouldn't be able to get them. Wasn't sure if that's changed, as we haven't been there in awhile.

We have days that we aren't planning on going to the parks until evening. The current plan is to just book Test Track for example, on the night we plan on going to Epcot. Do we have to book 3? Or can we book Test Track and then if we decide there's something else we want once we get there can we still book our other two tier 2s? I feel like when FP+ first started you had to book 3 right when you booked them or you wouldn't be able to get them. Wasn't sure if that's changed, as we haven't been there in awhile.
You don't have to book 3 if you don't want to though there's no harm in doing so (you can always cancel them). I would probably set two tier 2 FP's for earlier in the day and hope they expire and fall off properly....then you could add either tier 1 or tier 2 FP's after using the TT FP.

One more question. Do I have to book fast passes for one day all at the same time? For instance, my plan is to try and book SDD first since our HS day is our last so I may have a chance. Should I then finish booking the rest of my HS day or try to get my SDMT next and then go back and fill in the days?

One more question. Do I have to book fast passes for one day all at the same time? For instance, my plan is to try and book SDD first since our HS day is our last so I may have a chance. Should I then finish booking the rest of my HS day or try to get my SDMT next and then go back and fill in the days?
I would jump around getting the hard to get FP's and then fill in the rest afterwards.

I did it based on ride popularity, although I am not sure what the true fastpass+ expert opinion is on that. I booked mine:
FOP
SDMT
SDD (wasn't available)..later on was
Frozen Ever After
Space Mountain

Then I just booked other rides we wanted.

I did it based on ride popularity, although I am not sure what the true fastpass+ expert opinion is on that. I booked mine:
FOP
SDMT
SDD (wasn't available)..later on was
Frozen Ever After
Space Mountain

Then I just booked other rides we wanted.

This. Great advice.

Question!

My son is about 38” without shoes when we measure at home. He is right on the edge of being tall enough for SDMT and Slinky. But, he’s so close he may not actually be tall enough and we won’t know until we are there.

If it turns out he is NOT tall enough, is it a problem for one of us to take his band and tap it when we go through? He is only 3, and if it turns out he is not tall enough, we will have to go into immediate distract mode, get him away from the ride and go do something else. He is at that age where you can calmly explain ahead of time, but he will still get very upset if he can’t ride. He is not emotionally mature enough to tap his band and not ride (for him, tapping the band means you ride) but one of us could take his band when we go through. Will a CM have a problem with us tapping an extra band so we don’t have to wait for his FP to expire before booking more/we don’t run the risk of his FP not expiring?

Last edited:
Question!

My son is about 38” without shoes when we measure at home. He is right on the edge of being tall enough for SDMT and Slinky. But, he’s so close he may not actually be tall enough and we won’t know until we are there.

If it turns out he is NOT tall enough, is it a problem for one of us to take his band and tap it when we go through? He is only 3, and if it turns out he is not tall enough, we will have to go into immediate distract mode, get him away from the ride and go do something else. He is at that age where you can calmly explain ahead of time, but he will still get very upset if he can’t ride. He is not emotionally mature enough to tap his band and not ride (for him, tapping the band means you ride) but one of us could take his band when we go through. Will a CM have a problem with us tapping an extra band so we don’t have to wait for his FP to expire before booking more/we don’t run the risk of his FP not expiring?
You can just tap it if you want...we often do that when burning tier 2 FP's. That being said, if you're at MK or are talking about a Tier 1 FP it really doesn't make a difference and won't hold the group back from making additional FP's. You can simply drop those ones if you wish. If it is a tier 2 and part of your original 3 FP's then yes, be sure to tap and get rid of it.

ETA; the above is true unless you're wanting to do a re-ride of a tier 2 (or re-ride of one of your other 2 MK FP's) as your 4th FP...then you would have to tap the FP.

My Disney Experience shows you your Fast Pass date as long as you have your tickets added.

Where? We have tickets but are too far out to make FP. I do not see anything on the app telling me when I can. I know 30 days in advance at 4AM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter