FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, if you consider that many many guests arrive on a Saturday, their 60 day window will be on a Tuesday - delays and crashes happen frequently.

This is a huge thread so I apologize if this has been sufficiently covered. I'm going to make up a scenario to clarify my question.

If my party consists of 5, Mark, Wendy, Jack (14), Penelope (12), and Sarah (4) and we decide to split up in HS for Mark, Jack and Penelope to explore SWGE and Wendy and Sarah to max out Toy Story Land. Therefore, Mark, Jack and Penelope scheduled fast passes in the evening hours for after their time in SWGE, but Wendy and Sarah scheduled their fast passes for the morning hours while the others were in SWGE. My question is this, can Wendy and Sarah schedule a fourth fast pass in the afternoon when their three fast passes are finished even-though Mark, Jack and Penelope have not used theirs or completed using theirs? Does the entire party have to use all the fastpasses or is it determined by individual, not the whole party?

This is a huge thread so I apologize if this has been sufficiently covered. I'm going to make up a scenario to clarify my question.

If my party consists of 5, Mark, Wendy, Jack (14), Penelope (12), and Sarah (4) and we decide to split up in HS for Mark, Jack and Penelope to explore SWGE and Wendy and Sarah to max out Toy Story Land. Therefore, Mark, Jack and Penelope scheduled fast passes in the evening hours for after their time in SWGE, but Wendy and Sarah scheduled their fast passes for the morning hours while the others were in SWGE. My question is this, can Wendy and Sarah schedule a fourth fast pass in the afternoon when their three fast passes are finished even-though Mark, Jack and Penelope have not used theirs or completed using theirs? Does the entire party have to use all the fastpasses or is it determined by individual, not the whole party?

FP's are tied to individuals not groups so yes, those who have used their FP's can add more.

So I'm wondering if we should even bother with FP on DHS rope drop days. We're planning to hit the park twice, once specifically for SW and whatever other rides we manage to fit in before complete bedlam envelops the rest of the park. On the second trip we will avoid SW altogether and target RNR/TOT/TSMM etc.
I think this is smart. If you RD 2 XEMH and don’t care about slinky dog not only are you likely to not need any FP but you’ll probably be looking for something to do before the clock strikes 8 on your second day. None of the shows open til 9 or later.

I think this is smart. If you RD 2 XEMH and don’t care about slinky dog not only are you likely to not need any FP but you’ll probably be looking for something to do before the clock strikes 8 on your second day. None of the shows open til 9 or later.

This is what we were thinking as well. Couldn't care less about slinky dog but do want to see the new land its in. But to be honest I'd never run out of things to do at DHS. If I could do TSMM continually with minimal wait I'd do it until my arm eventually revolted.

We are planning on heading the DHS in the afternoon in October after a brunch at TAF. No real plans because I am sure it will be a madhouse with SWGE - which we may try to avoid that area of the park.

DD really wants to ride RnR, her favorite. She doesn't care for SDD, but I can see wanting to also do TSMM. Because of the new tiering, would it work to book RnR for the early afternoon and 2x tier 2 in the morning that we don't care about - let the 2x tier 2 FP expire? Would that then allow us to book a 4th FP after we use RnR, or no because we technically didn't use the first 2 FP (they just expired)? Or, once we use RnR FP since it is a tier 1 could we rebook another tier 1 if available? We haven't used this strategy, so not sure if it would even work?

Was worried after reading about recent glitches in FP system but am happy to report that at 6:00 a.m. cst I hopped right on-line and set up all our fp’s 60 days out. Was super pleased we got FOP and am sure that is due to Star Wars being opened.

Yes. Book FP#4 while you are in the RNRC FP line.
I'm so glad this was posted - I actually have the same question but with a clarifier. Will my 2 throwaway FPs actually fall off so that I can make additional FP after tapping in to our 3rd FP? I made 2 throwaway FP for our arrival morning. Going to relax at the resort for the day, then head to HS for the evening. My 3rd FP is SDD for 5pm. I'm concerned that the 2 previous FP will *not* fall off - have heard some mixed reports. Thanks!

I'm so glad this was posted - I actually have the same question but with a clarifier. Will my 2 throwaway FPs actually fall off so that I can make additional FP after tapping in to our 3rd FP? I made 2 throwaway FP for our arrival morning. Going to relax at the resort for the day, then head to HS for the evening. My 3rd FP is SDD for 5pm. I'm concerned that the 2 previous FP will *not* fall off - have heard some mixed reports. Thanks!
If the 2 don’t fall off, then book Tier 2s one at a time to tap and walk away.

LOL, I got to post #5 and didn't see it then didn't want to read through the other 300+ pages. o_O

I think we might use a throw-away at 9 am slot since we can't do a FP during EMH, ride RNRC at 10 am slot if we can get it, then move up our 2nd tier 2 while in line for RNRC and either tap and go at BATB show on our way out, or let it expire while we head to TAF for our 11:45 ADR. Once get rid of the 3rd we'll try to book another tier 1 for our afternoon return to DHS, like maybe TSMM... getting fancy with my FP strategy. 😆

Has anyone booked fastpasses for Epcot after Sept. 7? If so, is there a fastpass option for Mickey since the character spot will be closed?

Has anyone booked fastpasses for Epcot after Sept. 7? If so, is there a fastpass option for Mickey since the character spot will be closed?
No FPs for Mickey or the former Character Spot characters. Mickey will be in a temporary location in Innoventions West.

There are 4 of us going to MNSSHP. 3 of us have magic bands but the 4th person does not have a band. I was able to make Fastpasses for all of us between 3:30 - 6:00 as I've done in the past. Our Fastpasses are linked to our bands but how would the 4th in our party without a band scan in at the ride entrances?

There are 4 of us going to MNSSHP. 3 of us have magic bands but the 4th person does not have a band. I was able to make Fastpasses for all of us between 3:30 - 6:00 as I've done in the past. Our Fastpasses are linked to our bands but how would the 4th in our party without a band scan in at the ride entrances?

They use the ticket that gets them into the park. The FPs are linked to that ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!