FastPass restrictions for split stays

I notified DVC member services about the issue and received the following:

"We thank you for letting us know regarding the challenges with setting up FastPass+ options on split-stay reservations. This is a known issue that is currently being worked on. While there is currently no resolution as to when this known challenge with FastPass+ will be completed, those teams are working to resolve the website challenge as quickly as possible."
My fingers are crossed....here's hoping.

As someone who more often than not does split stays this is an extremely frustrating change. I hope that they can fix the "issue", although I'm not sure it was unintentional. As others have said cash guests should also have the same treatment if they revert back to how it used to be.

As someone who more often than not does split stays this is an extremely frustrating change. I hope that they can fix the "issue", although I'm not sure it was unintentional. As others have said cash guests should also have the same treatment if they revert back to how it used to be.

Is there a suggestion that cash guest are being treated differently. I understood that the fp booking ‘glich’ applied to dvc member, people renting points or paying cash for rooms?

I had ADR window on a split stay and I was not able to book ADRs for entire stay. Usually they give you a ten day window but not this time. I was able to book first 4 days then the next 3 days.

I had ADR window on a split stay and I was not able to book ADRs for entire stay. Usually they give you a ten day window but not this time. I was able to book first 4 days then the next 3 days.

That has been a problem with ADRs for a very long time. I've read fairly consistently that if you call, MS can book the ADRs for the later part(s) of a split stay. You just can't book them online.

That has been a problem with ADRs for a very long time. I've read fairly consistently that if you call, MS can book the ADRs for the later part(s) of a split stay. You just can't book them online.

This was a problem back a couple of years ago (2016) but on our most recent split stays (Feb 2018, and April 2019) it was not a problem at all. So now it sounds like the issue is back.

I'll be in Orlando the two weeks after Galaxy Edge will partially open and I have a split stay between three DVC resorts, being able to book all FP+ at once would help a lot amid the SW:GE caos! It's good to hear that they acknowledged it's a bug, so hopefully it'll be fixed, rather than working as intended.

Thanks for notifying me of this! Was going to do a split stay on an 8 day stay in October (I miss poly!) but looks like we shall stay the entire time at BWV, std 2bd no less! I’m bummed bc we wanted to switch it up but not worth losing priority FP at HS and AK (which is likely easier to get -pandora and skinny dog- at the end of the trip...)

I would still stay Poly and deal with the FP's as I can. I might be over simplifying but to me its no different than if someone was checking in the day b4 you arrive, there is always going to be someone who can book b4 you. I realize being able to book all at once is helpful but we adjust. (After re-reading your post I 100% agree about skinny dog and pandora but still would stay at Poly :))

I would still stay Poly and deal with the FP's as I can. I might be over simplifying but to me its no different than if someone was checking in the day b4 you arrive, there is always going to be someone who can book b4 you. I realize being able to book all at once is helpful but we adjust. (After re-reading your post I 100% agree about skinny dog and pandora but still would stay at Poly :))

Noooooo.... I’m not switching :)! I get an 8 day priority over others at the end of my trip if I don’t switch, particularly on the off chance there are FP’s for galaxy’s edge!!

I’m keeping BWV :) std during food n wine (which, as mentioned, is no hardship!). It’s also a 2bd so hopefully I can invite someone to come with. Maybe I’ll do poly on a one off trip for spring break later!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to report some good news. We are brand new DVC members and have our first DVC trip booked starting May 26. We're doing a split stay, 4 nights at Poly (5/26-5/30) and 3 nights at BWV (5/30-6/2). I logged on at 6am (CST) this morning to book Fast Passes, when the 60-day window for our first check in opened up. When I first logged in, the only dates that appeared as available to book were May 26 - May 31 (which I thought was odd since we're checking out of Poly on the 30th). I was able to book FOP on the 28th and SDD on the 30th. After I'd booked all of our desired FP+ through the 31st, I noticed that June 1 and 2 had opened up! I have all of our FP+ booked, including a second FOP. Hooray! I hope this bodes well for the glitches they're trying to work out, and I hope everyone else can have this same experience.

Just wanted to report some good news. We are brand new DVC members and have our first DVC trip booked starting May 26. We're doing a split stay, 4 nights at Poly (5/26-5/30) and 3 nights at BWV (5/30-6/2). I logged on at 6am (CST) this morning to book Fast Passes, when the 60-day window for our first check in opened up. When I first logged in, the only dates that appeared as available to book were May 26 - May 31 (which I thought was odd since we're checking out of Poly on the 30th). I was able to book FOP on the 28th and SDD on the 30th. After I'd booked all of our desired FP+ through the 31st, I noticed that June 1 and 2 had opened up! I have all of our FP+ booked, including a second FOP. Hooray! I hope this bodes well for the glitches they're trying to work out, and I hope everyone else can have this same experience.

We there is hope for my December trip after all. I guess I will find out when I try. Congratulations.

Amazing news!

The only caveat is that MDE has been a moving target as of late. Every Tuesday has brought some pretty dramatic changes. And, of course, Disney does not document what they intend the changes to do (versus what actually happens).

But the rolling 60 is still gone (which seemed intentional all along) and the umbrella modifications are still there. But split stays being back, it seems intentional. Fingers crossed!

The only caveat is that MDE has been a moving target as of late. Every Tuesday has brought some pretty dramatic changes. And, of course, Disney does not document what they intend the changes to do (versus what actually happens).

But the rolling 60 is still gone (which seemed intentional all along) and the umbrella modifications are still there. But split stays being back, it seems intentional. Fingers crossed!
Do you know if this applies to everyone or just dvc? I’m assuming everyone, doubt MDE can handle the distinction but just curious.

I book lots of split stays, sometimes just arrival night, to save points on a travel day. Other times I end up with a point/cash stay combo trip, because I am out of points. Or to try a new resort for a few days. So this is good news, about the continuous FP+ window. BUT, I have mixed feelings now that I am aware that people book fake split stays on purpose. (I was unaware of that practice previously). Hopefully there is another way to curtail that practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!