Fastpasses - Free or Paid? What is your opinion?

Should Disney Change their Fastpass System?

• Total voters
Would charging for fast pass access really alleviate any stress, though? WDW is already expensive enough as it is, so the idea of another cost, no matter how large or small, isn't appealing. But on the same note, if you're already a few grand in, another $50 isn't going to really make or break you at that rate, so I imagine most people would just tack on the fee just to ensure they get on the rides and see the shows they're paying all that money for. With that being said, I really don't know what the answer is because the current system now isn't favoring everyone it sounds like.

FP+ should absolutely stay as it is. If anything, make additional choices after the first three be available at a fee...but if I'm already shelling out tons of money to be on property, don't take away the perks of being there.

I do not love the Fast Pass system but I have learned how to use it and we use it well. I would not pay for them for a couple of reasons. If we start paying for any area it is a matter of time before the Disney Vampires (accountants) have us paying for all of then. Yes I could easily pay for them but paying for fast pass's would increase costs and put the park out of reach for a lot of people. I will freely admit I soend to much now. As things stand now our next trip (which will be The Poly) will costs me over $24K with the great amount of Star Wars stuff the younger one wants. Really Disney should be happy that I have to get 2 rooms and we stay for 12-14 days. Enough is enough.

I do not love the Fast Pass system but I have learned how to use it and we use it well. I would not pay for them for a couple of reasons. If we start paying for any area it is a matter of time before the Disney Vampires (accountants) have us paying for all of then. Yes I could easily pay for them but paying for fast pass's would increase costs and put the park out of reach for a lot of people. I will freely admit I soend to much now. As things stand now our next trip (which will be The Poly) will costs me over $24K with the great amount of Star Wars stuff the younger one wants. Really Disney should be happy that I have to get 2 rooms and we stay for 12-14 days. Enough is enough.

:faint: :scared1:

I do believe my heart just skipped several beats. I don't want to throw off the flow of this thread, but do you mind me asking where the totals come from? If you don't mind sharing. :surfweb: Here I am spending only $1800 for my son and I on our 5 day trip in June. $600 of that is our spending money. The rest was tickets, room ressie, both at FL resident rates, and Memory Maker.

I do believe my heart just skipped several beats. I don't want to throw off the flow of this thread, but do you mind me asking where the totals come from? If you don't mind sharing. :surfweb: Here I am spending only $1800 for my son and I on our 5 day trip in June. $600 of that is our spending money. The rest was tickets, room ressie, both at FL resident rates, and Memory Maker.

My best bet is the 2 Poly rooms, running rack rate of $600+ per night, for 13 nights, took most of the money. Then add in a dining plan and tickets for a large group for that length of time, and I could see the cost reaching that level.
Not how I would choose to spend my money, but to each their own.

Well the girls love deluxe and we stay a long time and they want the deluxe meal plan. To keep peace in my family I pay for 8 people. Mother,stepfather and a pair of maternal aunt/uncle usually.

I would love it if Disney went to a paid fast pass system ( as Universal does with Express pass.)Paying for fast passes would be well worth it to me. I paid to stay CL in November just to buy the extra fast passes in order to get Soarin and Test Track back to back. I have DD1 and DS 10, I didn't want to leave DD with KNO any longer or more days than needed so I paid $50 that day for 2 fast passes each for DS and I. We didn't even schedule the other 4 that we could have.
Sometimes family joins us for part of a trip and often for a short time ( in February they came for only 5 nights of the trip.) They missed out on a ton of rides due to time. I would have gladly paid for everyone's fast passes for them to experience all the headliner rides. Before kids it never bothered me to wait in line, now we have few small health glitches( yes I'm sure DS would qualify for a DAS, but we have never used it. We rely on fast passes and try to do longer trips so that we can fast pass all of the rides.

Well the girls love deluxe and we stay a long time and they want the deluxe meal plan. To keep peace in my family I pay for 8 people. Mother,stepfather and a pair of maternal aunt/uncle usually.
Hoping Disney releases a great discount offer your dates!

Well my daughter is 18 and is still deciding if they are going. She got pretty mad that no one even said thank you. Unfortunately she has one nasty evil temper.

Maybe your daughter just has good manners. ;) This sounds like a good excuse to me to just make the next trip a father/ daughters trip....save $ or go every year! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!