Favorite 2 bedroom resort???

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
I currently have 2 studios books at PVB for November. I'm keeping an eye on 2 bedrooms, but not sure if they are all created equal lol We've only ever stayed at a 2 bedroom in Kidani and it was great. Those of you that have stayed in 2 bedrooms, which resort has your favorite 2 bedroom??

For me, it is the resort vs. the set up, but my favorites are BLT and BCV.

I am sure VGF And RIV would be on that list but have not stayed in them.

SSR and BRV were nice too...just not as convenient. I always split stay to make getting to parks easier without a bus and then Uber ir Lyft to AK in the mornings.

Kidani and BLT. Both are larger than Jambo, BWV, BCV, CCV, BRV, and SSR. Both have the extra pull-out twin-sized chair in the living room (OKW also has that), which is larger than than any of the extra Murphy beds that pull out of a cabinet in VGF, BRV, Poly, BWV, and BCV, and, both have a third bathroom, which puts them over the top of any of the others.

Last edited:

which resort has your favorite 2 bedroom??
OKW has the largest 2 BR units so this is a great option if you will be with a lot of people. Beyond that BLT is a great option as it has sleeping surfaces for 9. Kidani is great with the 3 bathrooms, but you have already stayed there.

Another thing to consider is your traveling party. Some 2Br only have sleeping for 8, some have 9. It really depends on what your traveling party is. My issue is that with my party of 7 those that don't have sleeping for 9 - one of my boys has to share with their sister - that usually doesn't thrill them, but they suck it up because they are at Disney. Our April trip BC 2BR won out over BLT 2BR because of the resort amenities. BLT room was great but the actual grounds, pool etc didn't thrill my group.

I agree that its the resort vs. the setup. Most of our stays have been "home" at BWV - where all two bedrooms are lockoffs. It has the HUGE master bedroom closet, but lacks the dining bench table - and all lockoffs. But since its home, we always stay close to Epcot with either an awesome view, or less points relative to other options (except OKW, but the walk to Epcot for a point or two more is worth it).

We have stayed at BCV - I loved the dining table setup - and the dedicated with two beds in the second bedroom is a plus. I didn't like having to walk through the lobby in my bathing suit to get to SAB and feeling bifurcated from the rest of the resort - tucked in back. It probably isn't a majority opinion, but BCV leaves me feeling like DVCers are definitely second class citizens. I would not trade my BWV Boardwalk View for BCV ever again.

We've stayed at VWL (CCV) - it has the same bifurcated feeling from the main resort, but I love the theming. It is, however, transportation to everywhere. But I'd do it again, the theming is worth it.

We've also stayed at VALK - Kidani - love the animals - but the lack of a quick service restaurant and transportation to everywhere makes it a trip for when you want to prioritize the animals. Which is exactly what we wanted to do that trip.

We've also done a two bedroom at HHI, but that probably isn't on your list - not on property. It is, however, where most of our points get spent.

(I'm not sure we ever used the third bathroom at Kidani. We had four adults and a five year old - the two bathrooms were adequate. Someone may have used it when we were on our way out because it was closer).

Last edited:
OKW has the largest 2 BR units so this is a great option if you will be with a lot of people. Beyond that BLT is a great option as it has sleeping surfaces for 9. Kidani is great with the 3 bathrooms, but you have already stayed there.

Another thing to consider is your traveling party. Some 2Br only have sleeping for 8, some have 9. It really depends on what your traveling party is. My issue is that with my party of 7 those that don't have sleeping for 9 - one of my boys has to share with their sister - that usually doesn't thrill them, but they suck it up because they are at Disney. Our April trip BC 2BR won out over BLT 2BR because of the resort amenities. BLT room was great but the actual grounds, pool etc didn't thrill my group.
Don’t a few sleep 10, both RIV and VGF lock off 2 bedrooms sleep 10.

I've stayed in 2BR's at BWV, BCV, and BLT only, but if you are talking about just the room and not the amenities, BLT was by far the best room. There are 3 full bathrooms, an immense amount of space, even with the sofa and chair converted to beds. The kitchen has a ridiculous amount of storage space too. In the COVID era, the only real problem I ran into was elevator usage, as there were occasions where it took a few minutes to get an elevator (we were on the 11th floor), but aside from that, BLT's 2BR units are incredible.

Don’t a few sleep 10, both RIV and VGF lock off 2 bedrooms sleep 10
Not to my knowledge. The only way you could have 10 would be if you had 9 people (any combination of adults/kids) and one infant. The grand villas sleep more.

OKW has the most room of all of them. Plus if you have a small child, you can make them a bed on the love seat (not an official bed/sleeping space though).

OKW 2 bedrooms are huge as stated. The 2 bedrooms in California were big with 3 bathrooms - and just really gorgeous.

OKW doesn’t have elevators, and that crosses it off my list.

My favorite two bedrooms are dedicated ones, probably BCV and VWL, now known as Bolder Ridge. Kidani, savannah view is one we often book too.

I mean IMO a BLT 1BR is superior to 2 studios. Talking about 2BR its really about which resort you want and what park you want to be near.

Can't go wrong BWV, BCV, RIV, VGF, BLT, CCV whichever you can get in to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter