Favorite 3-Bedroom Grand Villa

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Looking to book at the end of April 2020...our home resort is BLT and all the 3 bedroom villas are located on the higher floors and we have a party member who is scared of heights...What would be your next choice for a three-bedroom villa?

So far only been to one and it was at CCV in December. It was awesome. Beside being our home resort, we liked it because it was one level. We have three young grandchildren and stairs were not an option. Also no big windows like the BLT so you do not notice how high you are, but it may only be the second and third floors. Not sure about that. Easy access to MK by boat.

Thanks...It looks beautiful...that is probably going to be one of the options I will try for...we love the WL!

CCV looks beautiful along with Grand Floridian, but they are both out of our range unless it was only a couple of nights. We have stayed at Jambo, and loved it. The place is very large with a pool table and large balcony to see the animals. The master bath is incredible. SSR was a disappointment due to the size of the living room and balcony. OKW is our favorite. It is very spacious and very low on points, which we really like.

The unit is important, but make sure you like the resort too.

We'll be staying at the BWV grand Villa in late April. All of the grand villas looked amazing but what helped us choose was the location. We adore the boardwalk, and during the festival and with all the new DHS stuff, that area of resorts was what really made a difference.

Grand Villas generally have some elevation above ground floor, e.g., BWV are fourth and fifth floor, OKW 2d and 3d, Jambo 5th floor, etc.VGF is the only one with a ground floor GV but floor is only a request not guaranteed. So if even low levels of elevation are a serious issue, you may want to consider a different type of room.

Another issue is going to be availability if reservation is to be made at 7 months out. BWV and Jambo are in the unlikely category, OKW, SSR, VGF and Kidani are likely, and CCV is more 50/50 for that time of year.

Personal preference is BWV, AKV, and BLT but have not seen VGF or CCV. Also, at BWV the two-stories (two of them) are definitely not as desirable as the single stories (5 of those) and getting a single story is a non-guaranteed request -- the BWV two-story has the w/d on the second floor right by the back bedroom where kids are likely to be sleeping at the time when the ones sleeping downstairs are likely going to be doing laundry in the very loud w/d upstairs. AKV Jambo has all single stories with nice, huge balconies, AKV Kidani are all two stories but ideally have the w/d downstairs, first floor to ceiling of second floor windows in the living room, and an extra sleeping area with a queen pull-out and TV in the alcove at the top of the stairs. I do not care for the SSR GVs much, particularly because of the lack of balconies (there is only one and it is off the dining area) and they put a wall between the living room and dining room rather than creating one huge living area.OKW GV s are OK, including having large balconies, but you need to walk upstairs to get to them.

Grand Villas generally have some elevation above ground floor, e.g., BWV are fourth and fifth floor, OKW 2d and 3d, Jambo 5th floor, etc.VGF is the only one with a ground floor GV but floor is only a request not guaranteed. So if even low levels of elevation are a serious issue, you may want to consider a different type of room.

Another issue is going to be availability if reservation is to be made at 7 months out. BWV and Jambo are in the unlikely category, OKW, SSR, VGF and Kidani are likely, and CCV is more 50/50 for that time of year.

Personal preference is BWV, AKV, and BLT but have not seen VGF or CCV. Also, at BWV the two-stories (two of them) are definitely not as desirable as the single stories (5 of those) and getting a single story is a non-guaranteed request -- the BWV two-story has the w/d on the second floor right by the back bedroom where kids are likely to be sleeping at the time when the ones sleeping downstairs are likely going to be doing laundry in the very loud w/d upstairs. AKV Jambo has all single stories with nice, huge balconies, AKV Kidani are all two stories but ideally have the w/d downstairs, first floor to ceiling of second floor windows in the living room, and an extra sleeping area with a queen pull-out and TV in the alcove at the top of the stairs. I do not care for the SSR GVs much, particularly because of the lack of balconies (there is only one and it is off the dining area) and they put a wall between the living room and dining room rather than creating one huge living area.OKW GV s are OK, including having large balconies, but you need to walk upstairs to get to them.
Interesting...I didn't know BWV has two-story villas...I will need to take a look on-line to see layout. Thanks for all the information...getting ready to book on Monday...fingers crossed!

Interesting...I didn't know BWV has two-story villas...I will need to take a look on-line to see layout. Thanks for all the information...getting ready to book on Monday...fingers crossed!
They are the two top-most villas taking up the fifth and sixth floors, I believe, so not great for your group! The one floor villas are on the third, fourth, and fifth floors for the boardwalk.

They are the two top-most villas taking up the fifth and sixth floors, I believe, so not great for your group! The one floor villas are on the third, fourth, and fifth floors for the boardwalk.
Fifth and sixth we can deal with...though I would likely request lower floors...BLT Grand Villas are on the 14th and 15th floor and with that large window of glass, it would be too much for the height challenged...

There are only seven GV at BWV. They may be gone before you can even book them. Especially if you are looking for Easter time/Spring Break.

There are only seven GV at BWV. They may be gone before you can even book them. Especially if you are looking for Easter time/Spring Break.
From what I understand, they actually go pretty slow - there's still availability for most of April. It's finding someone with the points to rent out. When we booked it took awhile (2 weeks) to get the points even though it was wide open availability.

From what I understand, they actually go pretty slow - there's still availability for most of April. It's finding someone with the points to rent out. When we booked it took awhile (2 weeks) to get the points even though it was wide open availability.
I'm still seeing availability too...we have three contracts with DVC that we'll be passing on to our three children one day...so with 510 points, we'll dip into some of our points for next year to make this trip happen...fingers crossed!

Hurrah! We'll be there too, at the very end of April! If you're going before that feel free to post pictures on the BWV thread to help me get hyped up! 😁 I'm so happy to hear you snagged a villa - they really do look spectacular from the 3D tour pictures.

We did one at OKW and it was like an apartment. Sends floor entrance with the upstairs of the villa one story up. Not high up at all. Great place with a lot of room

Ac

Hurrah! We'll be there too, at the very end of April! If you're going before that feel free to post pictures on the BWV thread to help me get hyped up! 😁 I'm so happy to hear you snagged a villa - they really do look spectacular from the 3D tour pictures.
We're there the end of the month too! We can both share photos later! 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!