Favorite Back to Back (B2B) cruises?

robomeister

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Having only done 3 DCL cruises, my DCL bucket list is long and varied. I started late, but now I can't get enough. And I started with the EBPC. All of my cruises have been repositioning cruises. I want to do Alaska, anything in Europe, Grand Slam, EBTA, Southern Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama Canal, anything on the Wish, Hawaii, etc. But I also want to do B2B cruises. I really wanted do to the New York to San Juan then San Juan to Miami on the Magic, but I just found out that is technically not allowed and people have had to cancel one part of that trip.

Anyway, what are your favorite B2B cruises? The easy one would be a 3 night and 4 night on the Dream. Give me your ideas and experiences!

Hello everyone,

Having only done 3 DCL cruises, my DCL bucket list is long and varied. I started late, but now I can't get enough. And I started with the EBPC. All of my cruises have been repositioning cruises. I want to do Alaska, anything in Europe, Grand Slam, EBTA, Southern Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama Canal, anything on the Wish, Hawaii, etc. But I also want to do B2B cruises. I really wanted do to the New York to San Juan then San Juan to Miami on the Magic, but I just found out that is technically not allowed and people have had to cancel one part of that trip.

Anyway, what are your favorite B2B cruises? The easy one would be a 3 night and 4 night on the Dream. Give me your ideas and experiences!

Our first DCL (well, first ever) cruise was WBPC (15 nights). We were hooked.

Med/WBTA was our second cruise (well, 2d and 3rd). Also liked East/West Caribbean.

Another option for a B2B cruise would be Hawaii/Alaska.

Last edited:

I liked the EBTA with the Med- got to avoid the jet lag (although I hate losing an hour a day several days in a row on the EBTA), and with the very long port days in the Med we didn’t feel like we were missing out on ship activities since we just did them on the TA.

Any combination of the Northern European - or just European - cruises are perfect for B2B since each itinerary is different. We did the Baltic cruise followed by Norwegian fjords - 17 days of pure bliss on Magic.

That said, if I want to also include a land portion in my trip, I will add it at the beginning of, or in between, the two cruises. I like at least one cruise as my final reward!

I liked the EBTA with the Med- got to avoid the jet lag (although I hate losing an hour a day several days in a row on the EBTA), and with the very long port days in the Med we didn’t feel like we were missing out on ship activities since we just did them on the TA.
That's the biggest reason we did the Med first. Flying from the west coast is hard. But the Med cruise was a 10 night one, with the first day being a sea day. We basically slept through most of that day, and were ready to go for the next 8 port stops. Then used the TA to "recover" and rest.

Also did the Med./WBTA a few years ago and have signed up for the British Isles/WBTA next year. The second cruise is a vacation from the first cruise which is usually port intensive (long day after long consecutive day in each port). The TA cruise had only 200 kids on board (Jack-Jack's Diaper Dash had to rely on a dad to complete the final race...a real hoot) and had some great scavenger hunts and special events that made the time fly way too fast.
Dream cruises are too short for us. Hope to sail on the Wish in 2022. We are hoping the Wonder, after the Wish starts sailing, will stay on the West Coast for good (or send the Fantasy) for more cruises to Hawaii and points farther west.

Our favorite was Galveston repo to San Juan, then Southern Caribbean from San Juan. Sadly, DCL does not seem to have plans to return to the Southern Caribbean any time soon.

We'll have to see how we like it, but my wife and I just booked the Vancouver-->Hawaii, Hawaii-->Vancouver B2B for 2022. We have done 2 other B2B. First was on the Dream. I used to do a bunch of the runDisney races and we did the 4 night Dream cruise right after WDW marathon weekend to do the Castaway Cay Challenge followed by the 3 night Dream. My wife doesn't like to do short cruises, so this got use 7 nights.
The other B2B was a Quebec to NYC followed by the first DCL cruise to Bermuda. One of our daughters and her family joined us on the NYC<-->Bermuda cruise. Due to a medical issue, my wife and I spent most of the 2 days in Bermuda watching our 4 grandchildren on the Magic so we didn't see much of Bermuda. We didn't get off the ship until the last couple of hours before the ship left.
We tried an almost B2B the next year. NYC<-->Bermuda followed by an Eastern Caribbean out of PC with 1 day between. We ended up cancelling both of these at the last minute when my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately I had not purchased trip insurance, so forfeited the cost of both of these cruises.

Our favorite was Galveston repo to San Juan, then Southern Caribbean from San Juan. Sadly, DCL does not seem to have plans to return to the Southern Caribbean any time soon.
I saw this option a few years ago and had put it on my bucket list, but you are right, they haven't offered it in a while. I hope they offer it in the future. Maybe with Wish and the other Triton class ships, they will be able to offer it again. Maybe DCL will position one of the ships at San Juan for a few months like they used to. The Southern Caribbean cruise looks very nice.

I saw this option a few years ago and had put it on my bucket list, but you are right, they haven't offered it in a while. I hope they offer it in the future. Maybe with Wish and the other Triton class ships, they will be able to offer it again. Maybe DCL will position one of the ships at San Juan for a few months like they used to. The Southern Caribbean cruise looks very nice.

We just did a Southern on the Wonder in January. Its our favorite itinerary; I hope they bring it back. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts