Favorite bag to bring in the parks?

TandDandE

Mouseketeer
Hello Friends,

It's been almost three years since our last family trip to WDW. So now that DD-just-turned-5 has transformed into DD-almost-8 we're not bringing a stroller to assist tired little legs. Of course the stroller was also great because DW and I would plop our bags underneath it when jumping on rides or if we just needed a break.

With that in mind, for our upcoming trip I'm noodling about what type of bag to bring in the park (messenger style, backpack, etc.). What is your go-to park bag? I don't think we'll need to carry much in our bags this time around (water, snacks, ponchos, souvenirs, etc.) and we usually hit a park for about 4-5 early hours, then siesta, then a few late hours .. so it doesn't have to be too big.

What are the important considerations you've learned with your bag experiences? Are their certain types you can take on rides with you or should I expect locker runs and bag juggling?

Thanks for your help.
:D
T and D and E

I couldn't wait til my children were doe with strollers. I hate lugging so much stuff with us. We take as little as possible. Only what you can carry.

no bag gets us through security faster. Less is better for us. I have noticed that I see more people bringing multiple bags to the parks lately. What ever works for you

I just ordered a wristlet that has an inner phone charger. I'm hoping I can do that on the next trip. My mom always carries her Vera Bradley Disney backpack. I hate bag check line, but when my husband doesn't come with his big cargo shorts pockets I have to carry a little something. We have to carry emergency meds for our oldest. I'd never want to carry anything bigger than my mom's VB backpack but that's just me.

I'm hoping my new wristlet can easily go on rides. My dad has the waterproof lanyard box that some people recommend; we also have a waterproof belt style bag we carry the emergency meds in for water parks. I would recommend any of those!

I use a Patagonia Atom Sling. I find it big enough to hold what I need, but still pretty compact. It's somewhat water resistant. Extremely comfortable to wear. Doesn't pull on my neck during the day they way cross body purses did (and how I imagine a messenger bag would). It's also much cooler (temperature-wise) than a backpack. Many rides, I can keep it on, just swinging the bag around while sitting. Others rides where that doesn't work as well I just take it off and put it between my feet. Highly recommend this bag or something like it.

I usually bring my Ona Palma to carry random items & my camera equipment. Otherwise, if I'm "packing light" and foregoing cameras, I use one of my Disney Dooney cross body bags!

We have two girls, ages 8 & 10. We do a backpack so hands are free. We leave space in it too for the souvenirs. But I do fill it for the most part. We carry two large refillable water bottles and we are snackers so we bring in bars and treats for my girls. I am always ready for anything so I bring it all with me but try my best to keep it light. Gotta have something to carry our sunscreen, autograph books, ponchos, my lady items, hand sanitizer, small wallet, portable phone charger, etc. Messenger bag would drive me crazy since I am short and even at the shortest length, most bags hit my thighs. My DH and I share backpack duty but it's really not too heavy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!