Favorite Best-Kept Secrets in WDW!

ajjoplin1

Mouseketeer
OK, this post is just for fun, for those of you who, like me, CANNOT WAIT to get back to WDW!!! So, here we go...

There are so many things to do in WDW: rides, shows, good eats! :banana:

I want to hear your favorite best-kept secret! Maybe a place to eat, a little-known photo op, a ride that gets no love (lol)! Let's hear what you have...

I'll start things off......one of my favorite best-kept secrets has got to be Raglan Road! The music, ambience, and overall experience is amazing!!! Not to mention the food is perfect....love the feeling and can't wait to get back. Our first stop next trip will be here.

That's my post....what's yours? :bounce:

Not really a secret but it is off the main path at Epcot. Followed a discount 10 or 15 years ago to Marrakesh in Morocco and now I always find my way back each trip. The food is good but the entertainment is the best!

Media4IrvineMarrakesh-005.jpg

I know many will disagree, but for me it's Mama Melrose. A lot of people either say they don't like it or just don't know about it or think of going there. We love it and never miss it on a trip. And we don't even do much table service each trip. Every time I eat there the service is great and the food is very good. Also, for Disney, the prices are reasonable.

I know many will disagree, but for me it's Mama Melrose. A lot of people either say they don't like it or just don't know about it or think of going there. We love it and never miss it on a trip. And we don't even do much table service each trip. Every time I eat there the service is great and the food is very good. Also, for Disney, the prices are reasonable.
Mama Melrose was one of my family's requests this trip. We really liked our entire experience

My favorite is the second floor of the Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square. Sitting above the breezeway and watching the Haunted Mansion queue is one of my favorite ways to take a mid-afternoon break. Air-conditioning, seating, and people-watching - everything needed for a good break.

Hate to say it, but there's no such thing anymore with the advent of websites like this one, and even worse with the blossoming of social media.

Many of my old favorites are LONG gone: Pulling the Sword from the Stone, waking Tinkerbell, special collector cards, gift notes in gift shops, golden fastpass, island paintbrushes....I could go on and on with all the secret treats that disappeared once they became public knowledge.

Old WDW was full of secret treats.

Once upon a time, CM's conferred all kinds of special surprise treats on guests. They were a big part of the magic of WDW. What made them special was the surprise of getting one.

Nowadays, they get posted, publicized, and soon they are demanded! by other guests.

Then they disappear.

At EPCOT, getting Fish and Chips from the outside stand in England and then going over to the rose garden behind all of the English shops and eating it. That's where a lot of the English characters hang out - Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, etc. And there's also the English Invasion band that plays there.

Maybe not a secret , but after living here for 14 years and going to MK hundreds of times, Monday was the first time I ever took my kids to Tom Sawyer's Island. They are 8 and 2 and would not leave. It was so shady and quiet...very nice, especially since the park was PACKED. We walked over a bridge and found some rocking chairs the overlook thunder mnt. It was so nice just to rest there for a bit and watch. We also sat at one of the picnic tables by the little playground and had a snack.

OK- gonna sound like a lush, but most of our favorite spots our lounges. Places with seats to get off your feet, air conditioning, no reservations needed and a cool drink. Cava in Mexico, Gusto in Italy, Brown Derby (not AC, but if you sit by the door it almost is!).

Maybe not a secret , but after living here for 14 years and going to MK hundreds of times, Monday was the first time I ever took my kids to Tom Sawyer's Island. They are 8 and 2 and would not leave. It was so shady and quiet...very nice, especially since the park was PACKED. We walked over a bridge and found some rocking chairs the overlook thunder mnt. It was so nice just to rest there for a bit and watch. We also sat at one of the picnic tables by the little playground and had a snack.
2 years ago we did Tom Sawyer island as well. It was starting to sprinkle and we sat in those rocking chairs while kids played checkers. All while staying dry and people watching! One of my favorite memories!

It's probably not a best kept secret but since most people crowd main street for Wishes.. Viewing it from Fantasyland is really awesome. Less crowded for sure & a totally different experience.

My favorite secrets are all the defunct areas. I like finding the show building in Japan, that kind of stuff. Yup, total dork.

Mine is during Christmas time. We love to go to Downtown Disney once it gets dark, grab a nice cup of Ghiradelli hot chocolate, and then resort hop. We usually head to Wilderness Lodge first and then just go where ever we feel like heading to. This year we will probably start at the Boardwalk and walk along the lake to The Beach Club and Yacht Club. The ambiance and scenery is just great and it's nice to slow down and take everything in.

Tom Sawyer's Island is one of our favorites. We do it every trip, including at DLR. I have very fond memories of my Grandpa and the island. He bought me hardback copies of the books from Becky Thatcher's house in Hannibal, MO, that I read on our trips to WDW together. It's a very magical place. It's even better when Aunt Polly's is open, and you can drink lemonade in a rocker on the porch and watch the steamboat go by.

The strawberry & vanilla MACARON ice cream sandwich found in France of the World Showcase. It's delicious. After I bought one, I ended up making 2 other stops to get additional ones for the rest of my family. The CM couldn't believe she had sold so many only moments after opening.

For runners that still have the energy and stay at pop century or at art animation, there's a "running trail" that loops from one resort to the other.

My favorite is the second floor of the Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square. Sitting above the breezeway and watching the Haunted Mansion queue is one of my favorite ways to take a mid-afternoon break. Air-conditioning, seating, and people-watching - everything needed for a good break.

This is my favorite, too. I love sitting by the window and watching people go by.
Another favorites of mine are rocking chairs by Country Bears and listening to the piano player just outside of Casey's Corner.

your obt'
me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!