Favorite Cirque du Soleil Show

samserena said:
What's everyone's favorite cirque du soleil show in Las Vegas?

If you are a Beetles fan I highly recommend LOVE. It does not have as much of the Cirque style acrobatics but the music, theming and costumes are phenomenal. The set up of the theater is nice too, everyone has a good seat.
We also really love Zarkana. More traditional acrobatics that you would expect at a Cirque show. We have seen it twice and were mesmerized by their talent! Great crowd interaction as well.
O is also a wonderful show, but its been a few years so I don't remember the details of it. I remember being fascinated by the set and the music.
As I local I hear a lot of talk and reviews about Cirque shows. The only one I would avoid, based on what I hear, is Chris Angel Believe. I constantly hear that its terrible.
The new Michael Jackson Cirque show is next on our list- I hear nothing but wonderful things about that one!

If you like Michael Jackson, you will like the Cirque show. It didn't cover all the songs I was hoping but it was a good show. The Thriller number is really good and the theater is very high tech and new.
I also saw the Elvis one but it closed a year ago.

I saw all eight last November. So difficult to rank order them!

O - Super deluxe show and it takes place in water! Expensive.
Mystere - Good Cirque show for first timers, not to out there or challenging to watch. One of the lower priced shows
Beatles Love - Fun Beatles show, good music, the acrobatic displays were like short skits.
Zumanity - Sensual, sexy in all sorts of ways, nudity. Thought I'd uncomfortable, but it was just this side of too edgy. It was fun and enjoyable for adults.
Ka - Unusual in that it actually has a story line. Fabulous theater.
Zarkana - Good overall show.

Michael Jackson One - Great if you are a MJ fan, I was not that familiar with his music. Acrobatic acts not impressive to me.
Criss Angel Believe - Should not be classified as a Cirque show

I remember when it was basically two touring show and they hadn't set up any permanent shows. The first show I saw was Nouvelle Experience in 1990 when it was on tour in San Francisco, and the show ironically had its last show in Vegas.

I've see Mystere twice, and a lot of its acts came from Nouvelle Experience, including the bungee act. That's about it. I've been to Vegas and thought about seeing O without a reservation, but it was basically sold out solidly for years.

In many ways they may be spreading themselves out a little too thin. I'm wondering if they really need to be doing 8 different productions in Vegas.

My favorite is Love. Most of the Cirque shows I don't enjoy the music and I fall asleep. Wasn't the case with Love.

Ka I stayed awake the 2nd time I saw and really enjoyed it.

Criss Angel I loved just because I'm a fan of his. However it not probably what you're looking for when you say a cirque show.

Ka is my favorite. Great theater, great story, amazing soundtrack.

If you have younger kids with you though, Mystere is probably better because it has a side of humor.

O is my favorite followed by (in order) Mystere, Ka and Zumanity. Have yet to see the others...

I really want to see O!!!

But I think would like to see Zarkana while we staying at Aria...

"Love" the Beatles show is my fav, I'm seeing it for the 3rd time next month! I also saw Mystere, it's good too, humorous! Even if it's not a true Cirique show, it's very much in the same style-I recommend La Reve @ Wynn. Water, acrobatics-highly entertaining & mesmerizing!

I've seen O, Love, Viva Elvis, and Believe; my DW has seen these as well as Ka and Mystere.

DW tells me Mystere, being the oldest Cirque show on the strip, is very much "classic" Cirque. Ka has fantastic music (we have the soundtrack), and is supposed to have a very strong, epic story with fantastic acrobatics and costume.

Of the ones, I've seen, I love LOVE the most. As others have mentioned, it's set in an amphitheater where every seat is a great seat. The action on center stage feels like it extends out for a lot of scenes, and scenes like Yellow Submarine and All You Need Is Love literally cover the audience.

Viva Elvis was a bit of a letdown. We saw this after LOVE and had high expectations after we saw what Cirque did with The Beatles. Viva Elvis was set in a traditional theater, albeit very comfortable. But the whole thing was more of a retrospective. Seriously, a narrator floats on stage, talks about Elvis' life and career, and cuts to different acts. It felt very disjointed and the costumes and acrobatics were kind of lacking for a Cirque show.

We heard raves for O, but it was kind of a letdown. It's Cirque with water. Even though there were a lot of beautiful scenes, it felt slow and kind of boring. For a water show, we much preferred Le Reve at the Wynn, produced by former Cirque director Franco Dragone.

Believe was the worst of the lot. We thought, Cirque + Criss Angel + magic + dark fairy tale = amazing. Nope. The costumes and sets were top notch Cirque, but it should not be called a Cirque show. The whole show hinges on Criss Angel, and he's not a likeable performer -- he just isn't -- and we kept rolling our eyes and cringing in our seats every time he popped up to try to impress the audience. Sadly, we paid for our tickets although we saw promoters literally giving away tickets in the Luxor lobby if you would just attend a timeshare presentation (we thought this sort of thing only happened on TV). We had to wonder how many of the audience were attending the show for free while we felt like complete fools.

We really enjoyed the Beatles Love Cirque Show.

Off To Neverland :stitch2:

Disneyland Resort 1993-2000 & Passholder 2004-2014
Caribbean Beach Resort July 2001
Paradise Pier Resort 2009, November 2014
Grand Californian April 2010
Pop Century Sept 2012 & Sept 2013
Disneyland Hong Kong July 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas & Universal's Cabana Bay Sept 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream Feb 2015!!

The Beatles Love Cirque Soleil is the only one i have seen so far and i loved it and i love the music. I hope to see another one when i am in Las Vegas this year.

I seen O, and I so didnt like it, I even got mad at other people that laughed at it. My sister and her husband loved the Circ shows, I will never see another one, so its just different strokes for different folks

I have seen: Zumanity, Ka, O and Zarkana
My favorite is O, it's beautiful and personally many of the shows makes me nervous because I worry about watching someone fall. I was much more at ease with O because almost the entire time there was a large (and deep) pool underneath the performers.
KA was a runner up, the best part of this show is the stage, it's quite impressive to watch.
Zumanity was entertaining but it is the most adult of the Cirque shows so be aware of that before you go.
Zarkana was the most recent one I have seen, I went with 2 other friends and we all left saying "That was weird right?" It wasn't bad but the storyline was super weird.

btw, do NOT go see Believe. It is AWFUL. I know many other locals who have gone to see it for free and all of them wished they'd skipped it. I have also heard that if you go to the 2nd show, audiance members leaving the first show will warn you to skip it.

Last edited:
We've seen O and Love. Both were fabulous in very different ways. O, with the water and the amazing soundtrack is my favorite Cirque show. Love, with it's Beatles music and storyline is brilliant. We've seen several traveling cirque shows, and have seen LaNouba at WDW three times. Tomorrow night we will finally see Mystere. I can't believe I've never seen this one. Hope it's as good as the newer shows.

Michael Jackson ONE is amazing if you are even a casual fan of Michael Jackson's music.

I've seen them all and "O" is the only one I'd willingly see again. The others were entertaining enough, but nothing I'd need to see again. Mystere was my favorite of all the rest, after "O".

O and Ka are amazing as both are performed in theaters built specifically for the show. I like O the best. My son says I'm crazy and Ka is the best because it has slow motion kung fu (presented in a crazy birds eye view). Both are great. Zumanity I felt was boring and kind of dull. Mystere and Zarkana are great - both very similar to their touring "tent" shows. I've yet to see Love or Michael Jackson. Probably depends who you are seeing it with to determine which is best for you.

Protip: be sure to like Cirque du Soliel on Facebook, then visit their ticketing page, click purchase tickets for the show you want to see then back out. Do not purchase. In 48 hours you should see some deep discount offers in your Facebook newsfeed like any seat for $50 or BOGO deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!