Favorite Entrée from California Grill Brunch?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
What's your favorite entrée from California Grill Brunch? Also just wondering... I know they have mimosas but do they have any special non-alcoholic beverages? We're going to try it out for the first time next month and can't wait!

Hmmm...they were all good. U can order more than one so have fun :);The sleeper hit was a breaded chicken cutlet. We didn’t have stomach space so took most of it back in a doggy bag and were shocked to discover how good it was the next day. Think it’s no longer on the menu though

Congrats on your adr. We were hoping to get brunch next month but have not been able to. Enjoy your trip

Lobster Eggs Benedict and the Shakshuka... I didn't even know what Shakshuka was when I ordered it, but it was really good!
FYI- you can order more than one entree ;) Enjoy!!!

It's shakshuka for me too even though it's meatless now.
The man will gladly take the lobster eggs Benedict or a custom omelette.
DGD generally goes for the pancakes (any kind is good but the lemon ricotta w/ blueberries are her favorite to date). The shrimp and grits are lovely too.
OK the truth of the matter is I've never had a dish not worth the eating at CGB . The worst thing that's ever happened is I can't make up my mind what entree to order so I get 2, LOL.

Thanks, everyone!! Regarding ordering multiple entrees (thanks for the tip!), would they give you smaller portions? The buffet selections look awesome too so don't know if I can handle the buffet and multiple full size entrees!

We have had the shakshuka, two different benedicts, a bison burger, and the blueberry pancakes and they have all been wonderful. My favorite is the pancakes but I would happily eat any of them again.

Thanks, everyone!! Regarding ordering multiple entrees (thanks for the tip!), would they give you smaller portions? The buffet selections look awesome too so don't know if I can handle the buffet and multiple full size entrees!
Some dishes like pancakes for instance can be a "short stack" but others not. Don't worry, the servers don't care.
I step back from the "carby" items on the appetizer buffet and bread baskets for later tummy space excepting the rice based sushi. Wuvvvvv the shrimp tempura sushi and it's good for an exception. We rarely eat the table's platter of pastries/petit four sec et glace at the restaurant excepting the chocolates. The servers are happy to box them up for you complete w/ shopping bag. In fact I've read of other posters having their entree leftovers boxed.
I had to google Shakshuka! Poached eggs in tomato sauce? Will have to give it a try! Thanks!!
Should you like it it's easy to make at home. Heck, I make it when camping since it's a great way to use up leftovers.

Hope you enjoy this meal. So worthy!

This is making me hungry! There will be 6 of us at the brunch... I think my take away from this is to have everyone order something different so we can try it all! :laughing:

We ordered 4 entrees during brunch and our favorite was my son’s blueberry pancakes followed by the egg Benedict. We got the shrimp and grits, but didn’t love it. Go for the pancakes!

Congrats on your adr. We were hoping to get brunch next month but have not been able to. Enjoy your trip

Thanks! We are super excited. Keep checking... hopefully a reservation will open up for you! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter