Favorite lounges for food & drinks

SusanDK

DIS Veteran
We rarely go to the table service restaurants at WDW because we never plan ahead and we are not big eaters, so find the portions oversize for us. I know we could share but, again, preferring to be spontaneous means we don't make reservations ahead of time.

An enjoyable meal for us, for example, would be a couple of the appetizers and drinks at Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar at Disney Springs, or the cheese & charcuterie board with drinks at the Tap House at Hollywood Studios.

What are some of your favorite lounges to go on property for drinks and a small bite to eat, that could pass as a meal for smaller appetites? All the better if they have an enjoyable atmosphere! I know some posts here mention that you can order off a full menu at some of the resort lounges attached to TS restaurants so I'd love to hear your favorite places and menu items.

We are also getting ready to spring for a Tables in Wonderland card and it seems it will be valid for several of the lounges.

Thanks!

Yes. Geyser Point at WL is really nice on a nice day. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was a refreshing place to get out of the heat yet stay outdoors. We were just whiling away the day by going to the monorail hotels. We took the boat over to WL from the Contemporary and this place was a pleasant surprise as last time I was here it didn't exist.

Geyser Point is excellent. It's a very relaxing environment. We were there around sunset and it was beautiful looking out over the lake. I felt miles away from the hustle and bustle of Disney World. The tables were all spoken for, so we sat at the bar to order food and have a beverage. Try the Bison Burger, a delightful surprise in my opinion!

Nomad Lounge in AK - have to go at least once every trip.
HBD in Hollywood Studios - love me a Cobb Salad and glass of wine
While not a lounge - we love to sit outside at Spice Road Tables at Epcot and share an appy sampler and a drink.
We also line the wine bar in Italy at Epcot.
The bar at the Contemporary is nice and while they don't have food, we like the bar in BW Inn.
The small plates at the new bar in the Dolphin are good but expensive.

Nomad Lounge at AK, favorite. Hard to find a table at times, food is excellent too.

Nomad Lounge is our favorite as well. We also like Abracadabar on the Boardwalk, the bar at California Grill, and Victoria Falls in AKL.

Top of the World Lounge at BLT if you're DVC is a great spot for watching MK fireworks...Trader Sams and Territory Lounge are also really good.

Jock Lindsays, Wine Bar George and Nomad are my three favorite.
I own DVC, and while I like TotW, above are a better atmosphere unless you want to see the fireworks.

DD15 and I tried Nomad Lounge this summer, one afternoon around 2, and had our choice of a table for two outside or some seats inside. We chose outside, and shared the cheese plate and poutine.

We went back the next day for all that again and the best churros in WDW. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were delicious. The atmosphere is so relaxing. It's a must-do from now on!

We love Geyser Point. It can get crowded but we arrived one day right as it opened and had the place virtually to ourselves for a while, but that was in late April. We also like the bar area at The Wave.

Great suggestions, everyone, thank you! I had completely missed Geyser Point because it is categorized as QS on the Disney dining pages so when I filter for Lounges it doesn't come up.

We walked past the Nomad Lounge last month when we were in AK and it looked great but we had just eaten dinner at Flame Tree so didn't stop. It was on my mental list of places to try.

Looking forward to trying all of these!

Late reply, but - honestly? Splitsville. I love Splitsville. (Recommended: filet sliders, definitely suitable for smaller appetites but delish. I also love the grilled avocado with tuna.) My husband and I have actually gone for two anniversaries because the food is delicious and just our style.

Nomad Lounge, Wine Bar George upstairs on the veranda, patio @HBD, and while not a lounge Champagne and pastries sitting fountainside in France.

This is an excellent thread as we fit this profile too. Definitely really enjoyed Nomad and Top Of The World but our personal favorite by far is Crew Cup next to Yachtsman.

Are there others near Boardwalk?

Love many that have already been mentioned - Nomad Lounge (tuna poke, sliders with yucca fries), Wine Bar George (charcuterie platter, mac & cheese bites), Tutto Gusto (wine bar in Italy pavilion - meatballs), Crew's Cup (great burger), Victoria Falls, Brown Derby lounge (tuna poke, cobb salad, sliders). Not yet mentioned is Boathouse in Disney Springs, which is one of my favorites. The tuna poke and/or the filet sliders there are my favorites and weather permitting, I prefer sitting out on the dockside bar-- fun to watch the boats and amphicars. The chicken thigh biscuits are Homecomin' are also worth a visit and they have a lot of unique cocktails. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is one of my absolute favorite places to eat at the bar - can order as much or as little as you'd like. BlueZoo in the Dolphin has some happy hour deals and the crab nachos (only available in the lounge) are fantastic. I haven't been yet but have been hearing that the Barcelona lounge in Coronado Springs offers stellar views, cocktails and small bites. Opening in a few weeks is Topolino Terrace at the Riviera resort - I'm not sure if there will be a bar/lounge but assume so and the views should be amazing there as well. If you really want a treat and are willing to venture a bit off property (near Wilderness Lodge), the rooftop bar at Capa at the Four Seasons is AMAZING- unique cocktails, lots of small bites and bonus points to time it with sunset (or fireworks).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!