Favorite Meatless Recipes?

yesterday I went on roasting spree with all my veggies, did cauliflower,zucchini and asparagus. Made a summer rice salad- added the chopped veggies to rice, squeezed a lemon, fresh parsley and basil from garden, olive oil,salt and pepper. Finished with shaved parmesan/romano and it was delicious! I roasted all the veggies at once, now I have a few days worth stored in fridge for other recipes this week...

Oh this sounds soooo good... I like rice salad's... I make mine with orzo. If I go this route, DH likes it better if I throw in some grilled shrimp or even salad shrimp into the mix... We had a party and I used the leftover rice pilaf -I did have some orzo on hand so I cooked that up so that I would have enough, and let it cool.. added in leftover salmon, with some broccoli and asparagus that I needed to use up... I blanched them just to this side of done... cool completely, then add them to the salad, with some green onions, and fresh herbs, sliced almonds, a squeeze of lemon... and some store bought dressing that I had on hand, I think it was like poppy seed or champagne vinaigrette...it was perfect for a hot and humid day in Florida...

My easy go to meatless recipe is Mexican Soup.

1 Jar Salsa
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can chickpeas
1 can kidney beans
1 jar diced tomatoes

Just open & pour all cans into pot without draining and heat.

Top with sour cream & shredded cheese.
Serve with Chips.

I have made this, except it was for a dip. My friend gave me the recipe.... I always take a recipe and make it work for my family...
Here is the out come of that....
1) I drain and rinse... the corn, I used white and yellow corn 1 can each.... black beans 2 cans, chickpea's ( I used 2 cans of white beans I had on hand) dark kidney beans 1 can _ this was all hand on hand when I made it the first time you can add in another can if you want...
2) So with the tomatoes, I used...2 cans of flavored tomatoes... I did drained in a large measuring cup... and used some of it in the bean and corn mixture just enough so that it would have some moisture...
3) I added in several cups of shredded cheese, red very finely chopped onions, and some fresh herbs, and a squeeze of lime... and baked at 350 for about 30 min's or until it starts to bubble... if you make it up ahead of time and let it sit over night it is so much better, it marries the flavors together... then bake it right before it serving.
4) Once done, I sprinkled with chopped green onions...
5) Serve with different chips, and on the side salsa, avocados slice's, sour cream, lime wedges... and of course more cheese...

This has become a family favorite... You can added in hamburger, chicken or pork if you want... you can make nachos, or use it for filling for tacos or burritos... or add in Yellow or Mexican rice into the mix ... I have done all of this before.. just taking the basic recipe, and branching out from there with it...

Everything I make is meatless :) For those concerned about less protein due to less me, there’s no need. It’s very easy to get the minimum protein your body needs from plants.

Anyways, I don’t much like spending a long time cooking so frequently I pick some ingredients and make a bowl of it, like at Satuli, but not always with sauce. Sometimes I’ll have fruit too. Some combination of sautéed/steamed vegetables and a healthy grain or beans (sometimes both). Or I’ll have a sweet potato (baked or sliced and air fried) with fruits and/or veggies.

A yummy lunch is homemade hummus or other bean dip with vegetables, chips/crackers and/or a pita.

Chickpea pasta (or spaghetti squash or spiralized squash) with a can of tomatoes, tomato sauce, and whatever freshly cooked veggies you like (garlic, carrots, parsnip, celery, pepper, mushrooms etc) added to the sauce is an easy meal too.

Another easy meal I like is adding veggie stock, uncooked sweet potato cubes, uncooked quinoa, corn, black beans, and tomatoes to a 9x13 pan and baking til the potatoes and quinoa are done. This can also be done in a covered skillet and ingredients can be swapped for variety.

Just made portobello caps with sliced grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil with salt, pepper and olive oil. Baked for about 15 min at 375. They were soooo good.

Just thought of another one. Roasted spaghetti squash topped with a fresh tomato sauce and other roasted veggies and fresh Parmesan.

Im vegan so everything is meatless... We have so many favorites , hard to pick. But we love making Indian curry veggie burgers, 5 bean/ corn chili, lentil bolognese over pasta, and cashew alfredo pasta..

Im vegan so everything is meatless... We have so many favorites , hard to pick. But we love making Indian curry veggie burgers, 5 bean/ corn chili, lentil bolognese over pasta, and cashew alfredo pasta..
for lentil bolognese, is it red lentils only?

We have been doing a lot of salads...lettuce, pasta, etc. Yesterday I made a huge thing of "Not-sa salad". Took a Costco sized bag of cauliflower florets, chopped to all the same size. Added broccoli florets, cubed cheese, celery, carrots, onion, and then Salad supreme and zesty Italian dressing. Topped with parmesan. Was too lazy to open the olives to go in, too ;)

Ate it for 3 meals, thus far.

We do a lot of beans, lentils, and roasted veggies, too

Made this last night and everyone loved it.

Mexican Chopped Salad
  • ¼ cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • ½ teaspoon cumin
  • 1 clove garlic finely minced
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • taste and add salt if needed
Ingredients for the tortilla strips:
  • 6 6- inch corn tortillas
  • 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients for the salad:
  • 1 medium head romaine lettuce chopped in approximately 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 medium bell pepper diced in 1/4-inch pieces any color (I used orange)
  • ½ medium red onion diced in 1/4-inch pieces
  • ½ medium jicama peeled and diced in 1/4-inch pieces
  • 1 medium zucchini diced in 1/4-inch diced
  • 4 medium tomatoes seeded and diced into 1/4-inch diced
  • 4 ears corn if fresh corn is not in season, substitute 1 1/2 cups of sweet, tiny frozen corn
  • 1 1/2 cups canned black beans drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro plus whole cilantro leaves for garnish, if desired
Instructions
  1. For the dressing, combine lime juice, honey, cumin garlic and salt.
  2. In a slow, steady stream, add the oils, stirring continuously with a fork or small whisk.
  3. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside.
  4. For the corn tortilla strips, preheat oven to 400˚F.
  5. Stack corn tortillas on a cutting board. Cut in half. Cut each stack of halves into thin strips, widthwise, about 1/4-inch thick.
  6. Transfer tortilla strips to a sheet pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until light golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool.
  8. For the salad, place corn, two ears at a time, in the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes.
  9. Remove from microwave with a hot pad and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
  10. After cooling, cut bottom end of corn off, about 1 1/2 inches from end. Pull back husk and silks (almost all of the silk should easily pull away). Cut kernels from husks and set aside.
  11. Combine corn and other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add dressing and stir to coat all ingredients. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
  12. Serve with tortilla strips on top or place a bowl on the side and let guests help themselves.

I ended up using summer squash instead of zucchini and I couldn't find jicama. It was delicious anyway.

Hi
I use brown lentils....

Hi njcarita, I saw one of your old posts where you took azithromycin and had a irregular heart rhythm. I took azithromycin and amoxicillin for 2 weeks and ever since that I have a racing heart of 130 bpm. I'm scared to death, the doctors took ECG and ECHO and said everything is fine and did not recommend me anything. Please let me know if you could help?

Walking taco served with veggie crumbs instead of hamburger. Baked potato served with veggie crumbs and the other fixings you used for the walking taco's. Tuna noodle casserole. Egg salad or tuna salad on a croissant. Breakfast.

Hi

Hi njcarita, I saw one of your old posts where you took azithromycin and had a irregular heart rhythm. I took azithromycin and amoxicillin for 2 weeks and ever since that I have a racing heart of 130 bpm. I'm scared to death, the doctors took ECG and ECHO and said everything is fine and did not recommend me anything. Please let me know if you could help?
feel free to send me a private message :)...

Since we are hearing about and already seeing some meat shortages, thought I would ask what are some of your favorite meatless meals and recipes?

I love roasted veggies. Any kind. I roast them and blend them with chicken or vegetable stock for soup, serve them room temperature with some olive oil over them with bread and cheese, serve them over pasta, top pizzas with them, add them to rice along with some soy sauce. My favorite combinations always include onions, asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, and butternut squash.

I don’t use a recipe per say. Just chop the veggies, out on a sheet pan and season with herbs, olive oil and salt and pepper. I roast them in a 400 degree oven until they start to brown and get crispy.

What are some of your favorites?

One of my favorite meatless meals is a recipe I had found recently for Sesame Garlic Ramen. (I'm not sure if I can post a link to it or not, but a google search of the recipe name and The Salty Marshmallow (the author/name of the blog) should bring it up! :)) It's super quick and simple and you can adapt it to your spice/heat tolerance and add veggies of your choice! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter