Favorite non-park things to do in DIsney!

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
We are taking a non-park trip to Disney World in April (the week before Easter). Are we crazy?!? We want to relax at the pool (staying at SSR so plan to spend time in DIsney Springs) and also do things on property that we usually don’t make time to do. Maybe Splitsville, ride the monorail and resort hop, explore Fort Wilderness....

So what are your favorite things to do in Disney outside of the parks?!?

We go every year. Have not gone into parks the last 3 years.
We love to sit by the quiet pools and relax.
Walk around Boardwalk area
Go to Disney Springs.
It is nice not waiting on lines.
That week will be very busy in the parks.

In addition to Disney Springs, which I could daily, I like the Boardwalk too. We've been doing 1 trip a year without the parks for the past couple of years. We have done Animal Kingdom Lodge and the kids love it. One of those trips coincided with Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom, so that was a bonus.

We did the void on a non-park day, it was fun.
We've also done brunch at California Grill, it was really good but not something we would do on a park day as it takes a while. It is fun looking out the windows at everyone in a hurry as we relax and eat.

Made a whole day at Ft. Wilderness. Stayed at Wilderness lodge and took boat over. Ate at Trails End. Went canoeing. They also have archery, horse back riding. Rented a speed boat. that was so much fun! Do a horse drawn wagon ride at night (not the carriage ride). DVC members get a discount on this. Very relaxing and fun.
Walked the nature trails or rent a bike there too.
We usually resort hop on non-park visits.
Go to Port Orleans at night and see Yehaa- Bob. Great show.

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DS (DTD), area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DS (DTD) 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As
The Chef's Table been trying to book that on many trips. Still on a waiting list but decided to try the Queen Victoria Room.

But I second all your recommendations. I do love walking around Port Orleans too so I would add that to the Resort Tours.

We like to go to POR and rent a Surrey Bike for an hour. The grounds are beautiful. We also like to do the horse-drawn carriage in the evening. You can walk (about 10 minutes or so) or take a boat ride between Riverside and French Quarter. You can get Mickey-shaped Beignets at POFQ. You can take a boat from either resort and go to Disney Springs, too.

One time we rode the resort monorail and spent half a day visiting all three resort hotels.

Another time we visited AKL, had lunch at Sanaa, and watched the animals awhile.

Each time we visit we MUST go to Wilderness Lodge. I love that lobby!

Also, lots to do at Fort Wilderness, including Hoop-Dee-Doo Dinner Show.

Another vote for the mini-golf! Both courses (actually there are two courses inside each one so four total) are really fun!

We’ve only done one non-park trip. It was adults only, and we spent lots of time on a quest to try every alcoholic drink on property (not in a park) that had an animal in its name. The Mongoose Mai Tai at Rainforest Cafe was my favorite. Tons of fun, but a rather pricey quest!

Another shout out for the mini-golf. We also enjoyed Footgolf quite a bit our last trip, but we had premium annual passes so it was free. We played twice!

I have done two non-park trips - one with DH and one with my dd and her friend - they did the parks.

In addition to the great suggestions above,

Love to resort hop for TS or CS meals
Yeahh Bob at POR
TOWL for a drink/snack/fireworks
AKL has a free tour of Boma and Jiko before dinner starts
Water sports at Contemporary

We’ve only done one non-park trip. It was adults only, and we spent lots of time on a quest to try every alcoholic drink on property (not in a park) that had an animal in its name. The Mongoose Mai Tai at Rainforest Cafe was my favorite. Tons of fun, but a rather pricey quest!

Another shout out for the mini-golf. We also enjoyed Footgolf quite a bit our last trip, but we had premium annual passes so it was free. We played twice!
Not sure what is footgolf

Rented a pontoon boat at the Contemporary, cruised Bay Lake, and then went over the water bridge and cruised the 7 seas lagoon. Crossing the water bridge and navigating the 7 seasons lagoon with the large ferries is not for someone who is faint of heart and/or hasn't piloted a boat before. The big ferry does not yield to anyone and throws a big wake, but the harbor patrol is very good about telling you to get your boat out of the way as it is coming. This is a pretty inexpensive morning or afternoon activity, and there is a DVC discount on the rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!