Favorite tasting baking flour?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
With cold weather & the holidays nearing my thoughts have turned to baking but the thing is every time I make something homemade there's always a weird certain something I don't like. I picked a new Vanilla The Madagascar one from McCormick its good but could still use some improvement & found that switching to Scharffen Berger chocolate also made a big difference. Still when I made pizzele the other day there's a weird aftertaste I just can't get rid of and I'm starting to think it's the flour. Whenever I read up on it people talk about consistency but they don't really discuss taste and personally I am way more interested in taste than consistency.

Any recommendations for a good tasting flour? I wouldn't mind a recommendation for an amazing vanilla or even a recipe to make a nice vanilla extract.

I like Dakota Made flour. I've also been using King Arthur's flour and I've liked that as well. I've done a lot of baking over the past year and I guess if I've ever noticed an off taste with them I never attribute it to the flour. Although there was an odd batch of bread a while back, wish I knew what I'd used.

If you have a Home Goods near you I've had luck picking up bottles of vanilla there but my all time favorite is a Mexican vanilla. It's something we always buy when we visit, or are lucky enough to find it in a local market. We are lucky enough to live near a large metro with tons of diverse food options. My bottle was empty long ago or I'd pull the name for you. I do plan to make it myself soon, it seems simple enough.

Aww thanks, I was eyeing the vanilla at home goods the other day but put it down because I didn't have any confidence. Next time I'll go I'll just pick it up.

I also appreciate the flour recommendation I bought some and will give that a go next time I bake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!