Favorite Things on the Fantasy

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Hi! Dh and I are going on our first cruise ever in November and we are very excited. We are doing a 7 night to the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Since we have 3 days at sea I'm wondering what everyone's favorite things to do on the ship are? We won't have kids with us, but are still interested in some character meets here and there if they're unique.

I think we'll do dinner at Palo's one of the nights (not sure which one), maybe towards later in the cruise. I'd like to watch a movie if there's one worth watching. Do they offer popcorn and stuff?

Tell me YOUR favorite things to do on the ship or your family traditions!

They sell popcorn, it's not free. I don't know the price, but I don't think it was crazy. My favorite thing to do on the cruise is eat! LOL! We're pretty simple!

They sell popcorn, it's not free. I don't know the price, but I don't think it was crazy. My favorite thing to do on the cruise is eat! LOL! We're pretty simple!
I read that someone took their own candy and popcorn and I think we'll do that. I'm sure we'll eat a lot! What are your favorite things to eat or favorite places to eat?

Hi! Dh and I are going on our first cruise ever in November and we are very excited. We are doing a 7 night to the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Since we have 3 days at sea I'm wondering what everyone's favorite things to do on the ship are? We won't have kids with us, but are still interested in some character meets here and there if they're unique.

I think we'll do dinner at Palo's one of the nights (not sure which one), maybe towards later in the cruise. I'd like to watch a movie if there's one worth watching. Do they offer popcorn and stuff?

Tell me YOUR favorite things to do on the ship or your family traditions!
One thing to remember - it's a vacation, it's totally acceptable to just sit in a deck chair and watch the sea go by.

I like doing the trivia games.

They do have popcorn, sodas, and candy at the theater, but it has a cost.

One thing to remember - it's a vacation, it's totally acceptable to just sit in a deck chair and watch the sea go by.

I like doing the trivia games.

They do have popcorn, sodas, and candy at the theater, but it has a cost.
I'm sure we'll be doing lots of relaxing and sitting around lol. I was just curious what some people like to do on board.

Do we find out the trivia times after we get on the ship or can we see that before hand? They sound kind of fun. I'll probably have to drag Dh to them, though.

I'm sure we'll be doing lots of relaxing and sitting around lol. I was just curious what some people like to do on board.

Do we find out the trivia times after we get on the ship or can we see that before hand? They sound kind of fun. I'll probably have to drag Dh to them, though.
They'll be listed in the Navigator. It's fun just to go and watch the game (not actually participate, if that's what you want to do).

Do you like the brunch better than the dinner?
That is a good question. Of all the Disney cruises we have done over the years we have never done Palo dinner. I like the main dinning rooms for dinner. With that said, we have a 7 day cruise for later this year and booked not only brunch but also dinner. As far as the brunches we have done we have been very pleased. We have been lucky that the last 3 we have had we had the same server and he takes good care of us. The food is excellent along with the service.

That is a good question. Of all the Disney cruises we have done over the years we have never done Palo dinner. I like the main dinning rooms for dinner. With that said, we have a 7 day cruise for later this year and booked not only brunch but also dinner. As far as the brunches we have done we have been very pleased. We have been lucky that the last 3 we have had we had the same server and he takes good care of us. The food is excellent along with the service.
I completely agree!! On our first cruise we did a Palo dinner and loved it. I read a lot of comments that the brunch was better and I didn’t believe it. Then on our next cruise we did the brunch and could not believe how much we loved that. On our last cruise we did both and brunch still wins for us!
Well shoot now I don’t know which one to choose lol! We will only do one so I’ll have to talk with Dh and see what he thinks.

What things do you like to eat at brunch? I’m thinking I would like the dinner food more but I’m not sure. Do they have the menu online?

We have done several Halloween cruises and my wife likes to dress up in costume on the costume night. We have done the Merry time Christmas cruise and my wife did the ginger bread cookie decoration. We also bring our own ginger bread house to build in our room since Disney stopped doing them.

Well shoot now I don’t know which one to choose lol! We will only do one so I’ll have to talk with Dh and see what he thinks.

What things do you like to eat at brunch? I’m thinking I would like the dinner food more but I’m not sure. Do they have the menu online?
[/QUOT0E]

I like EVERY THING on the brunch.
The brunch is part self serve and part off a menu. Somewhere on the Dis board there is a menu posted.

We have done several Halloween cruises and my wife likes to dress up in costume on the costume night. We have done the Merry time Christmas cruise and my wife did the ginger bread cookie decoration. We also bring our own ginger bread house to build in our room since Disney stopped doing them.
Our only themed night is pirate night.

I just read a review and I’m really leaning towards brunch. That way we don’t miss or normal dinner or the show. It also looks like I’ll find more I like because I’m really picky. The choices at dinner look a little too crazy for me. We can book brunch and cancel within 24 hours right?

I just read a review and I’m really leaning towards brunch. That way we don’t miss or normal dinner or the show. It also looks like I’ll find more I like because I’m really picky. The choices at dinner look a little too crazy for me. We can book brunch and cancel within 24 hours right?

I am not sure what the cancellation period is for the brunch. You can always book now if available and do more research before your cruise.

I am not sure what the cancellation period is for the brunch. You can always book now if available and do more research before your cruise.
I just went on and was ready to book but of course I get an error just trying to look at the dining! The app just gives me a blank white screen and I have to manually close out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter