Favorite Things on the Fantasy

I just went on and was ready to book but of course I get an error just trying to look at the dining! The app just gives me a blank white screen and I have to manually close out of it.
Did you try on a computer?

No lol. I just shut my computer down. I can try tomorrow
Just to give you a little heads up, depending on when booking activity's on the cruise opened up there might not be any reservations available. Do not give up keep checking every day till activity booking close. If no reservations are available on the website you can check on the boat the day you get on.

We love spending time in the rainforest room - especially in the hot tubs when we are sailing away from a port! Gorgeous views and soooo relaxing!

Aby
Unfortunately I can’t use hot tubs so I probably won’t do the rainforest room. I’ve heard it’s great though

Just to give you a little heads up, depending on when booking activity's on the cruise opened up there might not be any reservations available. Do not give up keep checking every day till activity booking close. If no reservations are available on the website you can check on the boat the day you get on.
Yeah I’m wondering if it won’t be available but I’ll keep checking if not. I looked at excursions for st Thomas and Tortola and quite a few are sold out but I found some I’m interested in

Fireworks, movies, classes, like 'how to draw Mickey' or 'how to make lobster tortelini'. Guest speakers, if any.

Special coffee in the morning (costs, but what the heck), dinners in the MDRs, crab legs at luncheon buffet, sitting on the verandah, watching the sea go by... or watching the last passengers run for the ship after a port day. Browsing in the shops.

Dressing up for formal night and having family photos, watching the entertainment, Prem-ears of any new movies, watching the kids meet princesses or characters.

Fireworks, movies, classes, like 'how to draw Mickey' or 'how to make lobster tortelini'. Guest speakers, if any.

Special coffee in the morning (costs, but what the heck), dinners in the MDRs, crab legs at luncheon buffet, sitting on the verandah, watching the sea go by... or watching the last passengers run for the ship after a port day. Browsing in the shops.

Dressing up for formal night and having family photos, watching the entertainment, Prem-ears of any new movies, watching the kids meet princesses or characters.
Are the classes free and listed in the navigator? Or do you sign up for them before? I think a drawing class would be fun.

I didn’t even know there was a formal night

On our own, without DD, DH and I like to hang out in the adult pool, watch movies, do the midship detective agency, listen to the musicians in the adult lounge area, take character photos (that's for me...not DH LOL), walk deck 4, and have a drink in Skyline. We also hang out on the concierge sundeck to read or have a drink/snack. We did a mixology class once that was fun. We've also had fun playing a few different trivia games and taking classes like towel folding, but we've always done those with DD, so I'm not sure if we'd have as much fun on our own or not!

OK, just to give the other side, if I had to choose, I'd go with Palo dinner over brunch. But, if you can swing it, try both! I would not worry that much about missing a meal in an MDR, other than Animator's Palette (on a 7-day, you will have at least 2 chances at each MDR, so you'll still experience all of them). Depending on the seating time you choose, you won't have to miss the show (you just might need to go to the early show if you have a later Palo time, for instance). The food at Palo is far better than in the MDR. I slightly prefer the food options at dinner (especially the soufflés for dessert...) over brunch, though both are very good. And, the atmosphere is much more what we are going for at dinner - little less casual than at brunch. I'm normally not one for getting dressed up (at all... I partially wanted the job I have since I can wear jeans and tennis shoes every day...), but we never

As for other things we like (picking things we'd do if just us, although we usually do them with our kids):
- We tried the dessert tasting at Remy. It was really unique and we are glad we did it... once. But, we probably wouldn't do it again given the cost. Still, it was a (cheaper) way to visit Remy and try some of the dishes there.
- I know it might be weird, but we seem to rarely have time to watch movies at home. So, watching movies whether in the theater or on-demand in our cabin is actually a lot of fun for us (yes, we could do this if we had a "staycation" at home, but we actually do it on the ship).
- We go to all the "main" evening shows. This might seem obvious, but our table-mates on our last cruise actually never went to a single one!
- The activities around the ship have been hit-and-miss for us (and seem to depend a lot on the hosts and/or the other people there). But, we enjoy looking for and trying a couple of the events.
- Watching the diaper dash is just plain fun. Everyone gets into it, kids or no kids.
- We like the mini-golf, and make it a point to play. But, we actually prefer it when the ship is docked, and it's not so windy...
- We also are happy to give Disney more of our money for the ice cream/gelato at Sweet on You...

When are you going in Nov? We are on the Nov 30th cruise.

What we like to do mainly is spend time as a family. We are so busy at home we never see each other! So the cruise is time to spend together, no internet, phones or school/social activities to get in the way!

Other items:
  • #1 is Castaway Cay!
  • Movies/shows together
  • Dinner together (we tried Palo and its just ok)
    • Our servers make the experience better
  • Pirate night
  • Movies by the pool
  • shopping
  • Beach days together (Cozumel, St Thomas, Tortola, etc)
  • Aquaduck
  • Midship detective agency
  • Metting the staff/officers
  • Tours of the ship
  • Silent DJ in the club
  • Breakfast and lunch at Cabanas
  • Sea Days
  • Watching the ocean go by
  • Family Pics

and on and on

As others have said its a great vacation, go with the flow and make your own experiences.

As a first time cruiser, Palo Brunch will almost certainly be sold out from the Castaway Club and Concierge cruisers who can book earlier. You can try to get it on your first day on the ship as they do hold some spots back.

We've only done the brunch once but it was great. What makes brunch so appealing to us is that the other lunch options on the ship leave a lot to be desired, whereas we found the MDR dinners to be of much better quality. Also, for dinner, even though you will repeat MDR restaurants over the course of your cruise, the menu will be different at each one, and I wouldn't want to miss that.

On our own, without DD, DH and I like to hang out in the adult pool, watch movies, do the midship detective agency, listen to the musicians in the adult lounge area, take character photos (that's for me...not DH LOL), walk deck 4, and have a drink in Skyline. We also hang out on the concierge sundeck to read or have a drink/snack. We did a mixology class once that was fun. We've also had fun playing a few different trivia games and taking classes like towel folding, but we've always done those with DD, so I'm not sure if we'd have as much fun on our own or not!
Thanks for all the great ideas! I think I'm starting to get a good list going. What's the midship detective agency? I haven't heard of that one.

OK, just to give the other side, if I had to choose, I'd go with Palo dinner over brunch. But, if you can swing it, try both! I would not worry that much about missing a meal in an MDR, other than Animator's Palette (on a 7-day, you will have at least 2 chances at each MDR, so you'll still experience all of them). Depending on the seating time you choose, you won't have to miss the show (you just might need to go to the early show if you have a later Palo time, for instance). The food at Palo is far better than in the MDR. I slightly prefer the food options at dinner (especially the soufflés for dessert...) over brunch, though both are very good. And, the atmosphere is much more what we are going for at dinner - little less casual than at brunch. I'm normally not one for getting dressed up (at all... I partially wanted the job I have since I can wear jeans and tennis shoes every day...), but we never

As for other things we like (picking things we'd do if just us, although we usually do them with our kids):
- We tried the dessert tasting at Remy. It was really unique and we are glad we did it... once. But, we probably wouldn't do it again given the cost. Still, it was a (cheaper) way to visit Remy and try some of the dishes there.
- I know it might be weird, but we seem to rarely have time to watch movies at home. So, watching movies whether in the theater or on-demand in our cabin is actually a lot of fun for us (yes, we could do this if we had a "staycation" at home, but we actually do it on the ship).
- We go to all the "main" evening shows. This might seem obvious, but our table-mates on our last cruise actually never went to a single one!
- The activities around the ship have been hit-and-miss for us (and seem to depend a lot on the hosts and/or the other people there). But, we enjoy looking for and trying a couple of the events.
- Watching the diaper dash is just plain fun. Everyone gets into it, kids or no kids.
- We like the mini-golf, and make it a point to play. But, we actually prefer it when the ship is docked, and it's not so windy...
- We also are happy to give Disney more of our money for the ice cream/gelato at Sweet on You...
Thanks for giving me your take on dinner vs. brunch! I looked and neither are available for our entire cruise. I'm going to keep looking every day, but I might try to go get in line on embarkation day. It seems like some people have had luck doing that. I do think Dh will LOVE the sushi at the brunch. He loves sushi, but I don't eat it so he rarely gets to eat it. I don't really enjoy dressing up, but if it's for one meal I wouldn't mind. I'm surprised you said the brunch is less casual. I would expect the opposite.

We absolutely love going to the movies. Since we don't have kids we go all the time. Even if it's a movie we've already seen, I think we'll watch at least one on the cruise. I can't believe people didn't watch any of the evening shows! I've heard they're fantastic. I definitely want to watch the shows. Will we see new ones every night of our 7 night cruise or will some repeat?

When are you going in Nov? We are on the Nov 30th cruise.

What we like to do mainly is spend time as a family. We are so busy at home we never see each other! So the cruise is time to spend together, no internet, phones or school/social activities to get in the way!

Other items:
  • #1 is Castaway Cay!
  • Movies/shows together
  • Dinner together (we tried Palo and its just ok)
    • Our servers make the experience better
  • Pirate night
  • Movies by the pool
  • shopping
  • Beach days together (Cozumel, St Thomas, Tortola, etc)
  • Aquaduck
  • Midship detective agency
  • Metting the staff/officers
  • Tours of the ship
  • Silent DJ in the club
  • Breakfast and lunch at Cabanas
  • Sea Days
  • Watching the ocean go by
  • Family Pics

and on and on

As others have said its a great vacation, go with the flow and make your own experiences.
We're going on the November 2 cruise. My birthday is November 1 so it's kind of a birthday trip.

The silent DJ sounds kind of cool. I think I watched a video of someone doing that.

I do think we'll want Wifi on the ship and I know we have to pay for that. Has anyone done this? What's the best option?

As a first time cruiser, Palo Brunch will almost certainly be sold out from the Castaway Club and Concierge cruisers who can book earlier. You can try to get it on your first day on the ship as they do hold some spots back.

We've only done the brunch once but it was great. What makes brunch so appealing to us is that the other lunch options on the ship leave a lot to be desired, whereas we found the MDR dinners to be of much better quality. Also, for dinner, even though you will repeat MDR restaurants over the course of your cruise, the menu will be different at each one, and I wouldn't want to miss that.
Yeah they are all gone, but like you said, I think I'll try on the first day on the ship. Am I right that they give you a time to line up on the Navigator? I think we'll line up 20-25 minutes early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!