Favorite Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort. Poll Question?

Which is the best Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort?

• Total voters
Here's the thing (to me). A person's opinion is completely subjective..........things one person likes may not be what you like. Wouldn't it be better to look at what "you" want from a resort and go from there. For example........if you like time by the pool..........you might select the Beach Club or the Yacht Club, these resorts share what is for ME the best pool on property. I've heard others say that they love the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House). Its an opinion.

I guess my point is like others above have stated. We've stayed at 4 Deluxe resorts...........love them all. Each has its own feel that makes it wonderful. BTW.........my wife and I have no desire to stay at the Grand Floridian.........price and feel just don't work for us. Yet we have the Polynesian on our bucket list........go figure :)

Doug :goofy:

It really depends on what you are looking for in a report. Proximity to MK, EPCOT, relaxing feel, etc.

I prefer the EPCOT location and love a balcony overlooking the lake, so I lobe BWI, but hope to try YC as my next deluxe.

Last week, I visited AKL and it has a very relaxing feel, so if that's what you are looking for, I would consider that.

I liked CR for it's convince to MK and how compact it is, but would like to stay at the GF if the budget allows.

First, will only stay deluxe with a great deal, otherwise, to us, they cost to much. Our family favorite would be GF, but totally dislike having to use the monorail to and from Epcot. We also loved AKL, so unique, BW (DW not a fan of clown pool) & CR (walk to MK and the very 1st hotel I stayed at). POLY is least, we only like the transportation options that it has and O'Hanas.

Of the four deluxe resorts that I have stayed at, I keep coming back to the Wilderness Lodge as my favorite deluxe resort.
But the Animal Kingdom Lodge and/or the Polynesian are not far behind. I would not be disappointed if my wife or son really wanted to stay at either one of these two again. My wife would say the Poly is her favorite but when we stayed there it hadn't gone through the big make-over. Not sure if this would make her change her (or my) mind!? We have been back to the Poly since; because of a dinner reservation at Ohana. But I don't think just a walk through is enough to get a feel for the changes that have been made.

Here's the thing (to me). A person's opinion is completely subjective..........things one person likes may not be what you like. Wouldn't it be better to look at what "you" want from a resort and go from there. For example........if you like time by the pool..........you might select the Beach Club or the Yacht Club, these resorts share what is for ME the best pool on property. I've heard others say that they love the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House). Its an opinion.

I guess my point is like others above have stated. We've stayed at 4 Deluxe resorts...........love them all. Each has its own feel that makes it wonderful. BTW.........my wife and I have no desire to stay at the Grand Floridian.........price and feel just don't work for us. Yet we have the Polynesian on our bucket list........go figure :)

I didn’t know we would like GF until we stayed there. I booked a 3 day split with 10 days YC. I was that unsure. Turns out GF became our fav.

First, will only stay deluxe with a great deal, otherwise, to us, they cost to much. Our family favorite would be GF, but totally dislike having to use the monorail to and from Epcot. We also loved AKL, so unique, BW (DW not a fan of clown pool) & CR (walk to MK and the very 1st hotel I stayed at). POLY is least, we only like the transportation options that it has and O'Hanas.
I only stay deluxe with a good discount too.
Staying at Pop next month

I didn’t know we would like GF until we stayed there. I booked a 3 day split with 10 days YC. I was that unsure. Turns out GF became our fav.
My wife loves the Yacht Club...........becoming her fav :)

This was the same for our family. We would visit it and thought it was really nice but did not put it on our bucket list. I got lucky and had a conference there and it has been our favorite since.

I didn't answer. I like YC and CR, but won't go back to YC because they allow dogs now, and I LOVE the Swolphin. You couldn't pay me to stay at WL or BWI. I've stayed at the rest, but don't really enjoy staying at them.

It's hard hard to pick just one. I haven't stayed at WL or AKL yet. So far though, I'd have to pick GF. From the moment I step off the bus and CM Richard greets me, it just feels magical. When I walk into the lobby and the band is playing and it smells oh-so good, it all just seems perfect.

My not so favorite is definitely The Boardwalk. Living really close to New Jersey, we grew up going to the beach and Atlantic City a lot. While there's nothing wrong with the decor, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Ironically I was booked at YC for my first 3 nights. I decided I wanted to try Club Level for 1 night and the only availability was BWI. So literally like 2 weeks before the dogs in room announcement I switched resorts. Glad I did now.

I voted for Contemporary Resort. Having been a past cast member working the monorail and having stayed their as a child it brings back fond memories. My favorite always.

Hands down Animal Kingdom Lodge. We stayed there once when we only spent one day in a park and it was still amazing. I don't need to be close to parks. I usually drive anyway.

Only stayed at BC but my biggest frustration on our recent vacation was getting to and from MK. Being a short walk away would be awesome.

Loved BC by the way especially SAB and Epcot access.

I didn't answer. I like YC and CR, but won't go back to YC because they allow dogs now, and I LOVE the Swolphin. You couldn't pay me to stay at WL or BWI. I've stayed at the rest, but don't really enjoy staying at them.

I'm so intrigued why you disliked WL and BWI so much! and why you don't enjoy staying at the others. (your opinion is totally valid and I'm not trying to argue it, I just wanna know more!)

I'm so intrigued why you disliked WL and BWI so much! and why you don't enjoy staying at the others. (your opinion is totally valid and I'm not trying to argue it, I just wanna know more!)

Its ok! Basically, I'm just weird. People LOVE those properties, and that's cool. It's neat that WDW does different things to appeal to different people, so I'm not putting those, much beloved, places down, I just don't like 'em.

I hate rustic and outdoorsy themes which makes me *shudder* about WL. I typically stay at GC in DLR due to the location, but the last time I stayed at the Hilton and far preferred it. I mean, the Hilton was better, and so much cheaper! I did still have to hit Napa Rose.

Pools are important to me and clowns are scary - so BWI is out.

Poly/GF are lovely hotels - I adore a lot of food/drink options there, but I hate the whole different buildings thing, and the Poly lobby is SO loud. Its not relaxing.

AKL is neat, but the location is crappy. All the rest have crappy locations and are split buildings.

Basically, I just like the traditional hotel model and good locations.

Its ok! Basically, I'm just weird. People LOVE those properties, and that's cool. It's neat that WDW does different things to appeal to different people, so I'm not putting those, much beloved, places down, I just don't like 'em.

I hate rustic and outdoorsy themes which makes me *shudder* about WL. I typically stay at GC in DLR due to the location, but the last time I stayed at the Hilton and far preferred it. I mean, the Hilton was better, and so much cheaper! I did still have to hit Napa Rose.

Pools are important to me and clowns are scary - so BWI is out.

Poly/GF are lovely hotels - I adore a lot of food/drink options there, but I hate the whole different buildings thing, and the Poly lobby is SO loud. Its not relaxing.

AKL is neat, but the location is crappy. All the rest have crappy locations and are split buildings.

Basically, I just like the traditional hotel model and good locations.

Those are pretty legit reasons! That clown pool is so unnecessary and I've often thought how inconvenient the buildings are at GF and Poly, particularly during the hurricane.

I always stay on property at WDW and I love it but I've never stayed on property at Disneyland. I do just fine across the street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter