Favourite Counter Service

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Hey Gang
Please can you tell me what your favourite counter service place is in the WDW parks. I've got all my PS sorted but no-where to have lunch! Typical!
Thanx in advance

Sam,

I like Pecos Bill at MK - really nice burgers, cheesy chilli fries and a fixins bar. Similar sort of fayre at Electric Umbrella in Epcot (fixins bar there too) and ABC Commissary in MGM. Don't do Pizzafari at AK - worst meal I've ever been served. My Italian deli sandwich was like a brick and I didn't touch it; we went to RFC instead.

If you are at the Florida Mall consider the California Cafe. We've been there twice now (thanks Simon). Nice surroundings and upmarket menu including pizzas, burgers and 'posher' stuff too.

Peco Bills in MK,
The land in Epcot,
Sunset Strip Area at MGM ( opposit TOT I think that's the name of it)

agree with Debbie and Vernon:

Pecos Bills' in MK, get the double burger, heap loads of "fixin's" on and it can do two (esp an adult and child)

The Land in EPCOT,

Tusker House at AK (avoid Pizzafari whatever you do!!)

The place by the Honey I shrunk the Kids playground at MGM is the best there

I agree Pecos Bills at MK, Electric Umberella at Epcot, also we went to Restaurantosaurus at AK and we went to Rosies all American Cafe at MGM.

we liked the Columbia Harbour House in MK - it has loads of tables upstairs, so even when it looks packed out downstairs you should be able to find a table. We had chicken, and chowder and really enjoyed it.

Bev

Well Pecos Bills it is for MK still undecided on the rest of the parks though - any other thoughts on counter service in World Showcase?

In Animal Kingdom my fave counter service is the Flame Tree Barbecue - taking the path to left and to the back of the counters, there are some lovely shady gardens near the water. I understand that when the crowd numbers dipped after Sept 11th they only opened seasonally :( although at peak times the queues can get long. We ate there around 2.30pm-3.00pm.
For Epcot WS, nothing stands out - we've had just okay food at the Lotus Blossom Cafe, the Kringla Bakeri in Norway is quite good for open sandwiches, gateaux etc but the food court in The Land is probably a good idea but try to avoid peak time, and I just want to put a word in for my fave little cafe for breakfast time, the Fountainview - great coffees and yummy pastries and a balcony table overlookng the fountain :)

I quite liked the counter service restaurant in Japan - its hidden round the back. Not a huge variety on the menu but the teriyaki makes a welcome change from burgers and hot dogs. Not much seating there though.

In WS we thought that Morrocco was quite good, especially as it's a bit different and a LOT cheaper than the full service restaurant. We also thought Japan was good, especially the children's meal (kebabs) We thought the best of the lot was Mexico, good portions, tasty and very fairly priced, and great seating!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter