Favourite deck on Harmony for an oceanview cabin with balcony?

isabellea

Combining beach and Disney!
Hello! Unfortunately, we decided to cancel our DCL Fantasy cruise and book RCL Harmony instead (PC, CocoCay, St. Juan, St. Kitts itinerary) for our 20th anniversary this summer. What is your favourite deck on the Harmony or other Oasis-class ship for a basic balcony room? Forward or aft? Finally, port or starboard?

Finally, our kids will be 8 and 10 yrs old at time of sailing and was wondering if they will be able to be together at the kids club? I read that the clubs are 6-8 and 9-11?!? English is our second language and while they are almost bilingual (they understand everything), I'm sure my youngest would prefer to have her big sister with her.

Thank you for your help!

Avoid 12. You'll be just below the pool deck. Sometimes it's loud up there. Forward is closer to the kids club. Smoking is on the port side of the pool deck, above Central Park iirc.

Yes, the clubs are 6-8 and 9-11. What is your primary language? I've seen many Spanish speaking people on board the cruise as well as French. Portuguese not as many.

Avoid 12. You'll be just below the pool deck. Sometimes it's loud up there. Forward is closer to the kids club. Smoking is on the port side of the pool deck, above Central Park iirc.

Yes, the clubs are 6-8 and 9-11. What is your primary language? I've seen many Spanish speaking people on board the cruise as well as French. Portuguese not as many.

Thank you for the tips. I will avoid deck 12 and will book Starboard.

We speak French at home. Because we live in Montreal where there's a lot of English, they went to daycare in English but by law they have to go to French school. That means they know the basics and they understand (we only listen to tv and movies in English) but they don't have many occasions to practice.

Ok. I've always seen French speakers on the cruises I've been on. Almost always from Quebec. The AO crew may have some French speakers but not a guarantee.

English is the primary language on board though so they will have ample opportunity to practice. Hopefully they can find some kids that speak both French and English to help them along. But I do find that kids in the 6-8 club generally seem to get along, so if your younger one isn't the shy type they will likely be fine.

Hello! Unfortunately, we decided to cancel our DCL Fantasy cruise and book RCL Harmony instead (PC, CocoCay, St. Juan, St. Kitts itinerary) for our 20th anniversary this summer. What is your favourite deck on the Harmony or other Oasis-class ship for a basic balcony room? Forward or aft? Finally, port or starboard?

Finally, our kids will be 8 and 10 yrs old at time of sailing and was wondering if they will be able to be together at the kids club? I read that the clubs are 6-8 and 9-11?!? English is our second language and while they are almost bilingual (they understand everything), I'm sure my youngest would prefer to have her big sister with her.

Thank you for your help!
Our favorite deck on the oasis class is the deck with Central Park (I believe it’s deck 8). It’s very relaxing and quite in the mornings and evenings. I think the breakfast in Central Park cafe is better than the windjammer (just not as many options). We would go to the cafe and then take the food back to our room and enjoy breakfast (and lunch) out on the balcony.

Our favorite deck on the oasis class is the deck with Central Park (I believe it’s deck 8). It’s very relaxing and quite in the mornings and evenings. I think the breakfast in Central Park cafe is better than the windjammer (just not as many options). We would go to the cafe and then take the food back to our room and enjoy breakfast (and lunch) out on the balcony.

Makes a lot of sense! I will look for a deck 8 cabin when we book (hopefully this week but DH needs to ask his boss about vacation weeks).

Thank you for the tips. I will avoid deck 12 and will book Starboard.

We speak French at home. Because we live in Montreal where there's a lot of English, they went to daycare in English but by law they have to go to French school. That means they know the basics and they understand (we only listen to tv and movies in English) but they don't have many occasions to practice.

Ohhhh... Bonjour! :)

I will Plus One this. Came here actually to say exactly this. Central Park is our favorite part of the Oasis class because it's quiet, and the first half of the week most people haven't even discovered it. I spent more than one time out there either meditating or writing in my journal. It was supremely relaxing. The only issue is the spillover of noise from the pool deck when they have one of their rowdy parties going on. Other than that, it's a nice oasis (yeah, I said it) in the midst of a 6,000 person free-for-all. Being on the same deck makes it even easier to get to our happy place.

I had a brain youknowwhat when I wrote this. Deck 14 is just below the pool deck and has the kids club. 12 should be ok. There is no deck 13, which seems to be an Oasis-class feature. And a bit strange - it's not like Spectrum of the Seas omits deck 4 (which is considered a bad number in Chinese).

Deck 12 is not just beneath the pools - Pools are on Deck 15 and there is another deck of rooms on 14 (there is no Deck 13). We were on Deck 12 in 2019 and booked this deck again for our cruise this year.

We loved our ocean balcony mid-ship last year and that's what we booked again.

It’s going to be an amazing cruise !
I’m a diamond member with RCL and really enjoy the oasis class ships.

I tend to like deck 14 aft - port side. You can sneak to the back and there as some public balconies that are above the aquasuites. Really nice to relax other than your balcony.

Also deck 14 means you can get up to the windjammer without having to rely on the lifts (elevators) if you’re all able bodied and also the closest main stair well is well situated for the Boardwalk and also Central Park and the street etc.

I hope you have an amazing time !

Yep, I'm the one who likes to be as high up as I can. We have a 14th deck, midship oceanview balcony cabin booked on the Harmony, January 2021. And we just got back from the Carnival Legend, extended oceanaview balcony, midship, 8th floor. Was so nice to take the stairs and get food and 2 bars, quickly last week.

I'm not bothered by sounds above me. And so enjoy seeing out from on high.

Oh, and if I remember, I think most of the kid's club locations are on deck 14. You can always view the decks from RC's website, and many others that sell or discuss Royal. I too use Cruise Critic to find out more about the ship and cabin I am booking, or looking to book.

We also like the upper decks. We just booked our next cruise and opted for deck 12. Our criteria was to be on a deck that did not have an activity deck immediately above it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts