Favourite WDW Restaurants?

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Which ones do you like? Do you make a point of visiting them every trip? :)

Flying Fish Cafe - must have my crabcakes!! :)
Beaches & Creme - ditto banana milkshakes!
Palio at the Swan - tried it on my last trip - FABULOUS Italian food!
Le Cellier
Bomas - ate there once, would go back in a second
Wolfgang Pucks (Downtown Disney - Westside)
California Grill - the food was great, so was the view!

I know I'm forgetting some of them...and getting hungry! :)

What are your favourites?

Tony's Town Square, California Grill, 50's Prime Time, Fulton's at DTD, Beaches and Cream and Chef Mickey's are favs for us.

Chef Mickeys- the napkin dance
Le Cellier- the bread sticks
Beaches n creme- the sundaes

then we add some new ones to the list.

California Grille -- Love the view and their food is awesome
Chef Mickey's -- Had a great time at breakfast with the characters
Boma's -- Zebra Domes :teeth:
Brown Derby -- Overall good experience!

McD's by the All Star resorts
Just kidding
:jester: :jester:

50's Prime Time Diner
It is just like have Sunday dinner at 'Moms"
:)

Like the McDonald's post, hee hee!!

We do not go to The Cellier, too Canadian for us!!

LOL

We haven't tried Le Cellier but will this trip.

We like LTT, Hollywood & Vine and France.

I know it's very popular, but I've never been to Chef Mickeys, nor have I tried the Portobello Yatch Club. Is that mainly a red meat restaurant, Nagle? I love red meat...lol...:)

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is very good too.

I know it isn't a restaurant, (although they do sell some snack food), but my favourite pool bar is the one at Dixie Landings (POR). I love it there. It's rustic, friendly, a pretty enviroment, and those yummy Southern Belles are great on a hot Florida day/night. :) :)

Crystal Palace! Don't really know if it's the food or Tigger, Pooh, Eyore or Piglet that keep us going back!LOL

But this time we are gonna try some new ones!

I am especially wanting to try California Grille!

We have all new places booked for our trip this August!
San Angel - Margaruitas
Jiko's, Boma, CRT, O'hana, Donald's.

Spirit of Aloha, Hoop De Doo but I cancelled Mickey's BBQ due to bad reviews on the boards.

Also hoping to get Lunch with a Artist at the Brown Derby.

I will probably have to join the W.I.S.H. board after this trip!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

We can't seem to skip Crystal Palace either. Although we're, I think, going to try this time as we're on more of a budget and I'd rather go back to Boma or Ohana (or both, but not on consecutive nights like we did last time.... Way tooo much food).

If I had to choose, I think Ohana, because we have some really great African restaurants in TO.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

We always seem to be on the go so haven't tried many restaurants. However, we always make room for BOMA and even though I'll be solo next trip, I'm planning an evening there.

There's a thread on the restaurant forum about all the restaurants you might "hate" that are raved about on the DIS, that I found interesting: Restaurants

I'm having second thoughts about trying new places to eat on my trip now, although I still think I'd like to try Spirit of Aloha for the show.

Beaches and Cream- yummy hamburgers and strawberry shortcake

Liberty Tree tavern- yummy pot roast dinner

Buffeteria- yummy buffet

These we do every time we go. There are many other restaurants we've enjoyed- Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Castle, Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, The Land Pavillion, RFC, Chef Mickey's, Sci Fi Theatre, 50's Prime Time Cafe............

I am getting hungry- they are all delicious!:tongue:

Louise

Snowark,
Portobello is actually a Northern Italian type restaurant. Having said that, when we were there I had a parmasian crusted ribeye steak that was incredible and DW had the rack of lamb that she said was lovely. Trust us to go to an Italian restaurant and order beef and lamb. LOL. The guy at the table next to us had a seafood pasta that I will have to try next time. It looked great.
We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends who are very into wine. They said that the wine list is extensive and quite good.

Cheers
John

Thank you, John! I'll have to try it out and see how it compares to Palio (which is also Northern Italian cuisine.) :)

LOL Scratch! I always try to lose a couple of pounds before I go to WDW, just so I have some spare dinning room, to work with! ;) :)

Julie, what an interesting thread! I read the whole thing. It's amazing how different people's experiences are. I don't think I've ever had a meal at WDW that I "hated", although I've been unimpressed with a couple of places.

hi,
San Angel Inn- this was our first visit to a wdw restuarant and we were just in awe of the atmosphere, food was good too:D we go here every trip now

Boma-this is a must every trip too, tried breakfast this year and it was good too but dinner is my favorite meal of the day, probably because it comes with dessert;)

California Grill-a new fave, tried this year and was lucky enough to get a window view of castle changing colours and the fireworks, meal was just excellent:D

trying to decide on something new for dec trip, so am enjoying reading everyone's faves

kathe

Le Cellier -- we're only going to be at WDW for about 5 days in Aug and dh has already said he definitely wants to go back. He never asks for much when it comes to our WDW trips, so I'm happy to accommodate his request ;)

Breakfastasaurus

O'Hana's

Oh, and yes, I'm very serious about this last one: Columbia Harbour House for Chicken Fingers and Fries :D It's not a trip to WDW unless we have this for one of our meals.

Mary Liz

I have only tried these once, but will go again on future trips.

Beaches & Cream - No Way Jose
Le Cellier - Cheddar Cheese Soup
50's Prime Time Cafe

Would like to try others in the future.

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter