Faxing room requests to the hotel

paperboats

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I'm really sorry if this is a silly question. I would like to fax POR five nights before our stay with a room request (only one), which will be on Monday, but I can't find anywhere online which says what you should actually say on the fax? If there a specific wording/paragraphs to use?

I'm from the UK so would rather not call the hotel directly due to call costs.

Thank you for your help, sorry again if this has been answered somewhere.

Hello,

I'm really sorry if this is a silly question. I would like to fax POR five nights before our stay with a room request (only one), which will be on Monday, but I can't find anywhere online which says what you should actually say on the fax? If there a specific wording/paragraphs to use?

I'm from the UK so would rather not call the hotel directly due to call costs.

Thank you for your help, sorry again if this has been answered somewhere.

This should help.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ench-quarter-room-request-fax-thread.3478151/

Hate to say this....

To our current knowledge, Room oriented Fax info is tossed into the trash :(. Best to PHONE requests.

Hate to say this....

To our current knowledge, Room oriented Fax info is tossed into the trash :(. Best to PHONE requests.
I have a hard time believing they prefer PHONE requests over faxes. Maybe its true, but i just find it weird.

I've always created my own little memo to fax. I'd make it fun by using disney/mickey font and adding disney graphics. My memo's are always fun, cheery, extremely polite....and i've always gotten what i wanted. :) Never hurts to try.

I have a hard time believing they prefer PHONE requests over faxes. Maybe its true, but i just find it weird.

Absolutely, they do.

Disney has created a very efficient system for handing requests. Whether a guest calls in on the reservation line, or calls one of the published resort numbers, the calls get routed to a call center, where a CM quickly types the request into the guest's reservation record. Boom. Done. It's part of the CM's assigned job to deal with requests, so it's not taking time away from other duties.

Now, picture a resort like Pop Century. Almost 3000 rooms. Hundreds of guests scheduled to arrive every single day. If even a smallish number of those guests decide to fax, you've got a huge stack of faxes to deal with every day. Someone's gotta collect them off the machine, separate them from other business-related faxes. Then someone has to go through that pile, pull each guest up in the system, translate the paragraph or more that the guest has written in the fax into a short string of characters that will fit in the request field, type it in.

I'm not saying the CM's don't get a smile from seeing the creativity people put into faxes. I'm sure they enjoy them very much. But from the perspective of Disney management, who has to budget to staff the resorts, and the resort manager who has to get the day-to-day work of dealing with guests taken care of, they'd rather that guests give their requests to the call center.

Absolutely, they do.

Disney has created a very efficient system for handing requests. Whether a guest calls in on the reservation line, or calls one of the published resort numbers, the calls get routed to a call center, where a CM quickly types the request into the guest's reservation record. Boom. Done. It's part of the CM's assigned job to deal with requests, so it's not taking time away from other duties.

Now, picture a resort like Pop Century. Almost 3000 rooms. Hundreds of guests scheduled to arrive every single day. If even a smallish number of those guests decide to fax, you've got a huge stack of faxes to deal with every day. Someone's gotta collect them off the machine, separate them from other business-related faxes. Then someone has to go through that pile, pull each guest up in the system, translate the paragraph or more that the guest has written in the fax into a short string of characters that will fit in the request field, type it in.

I'm not saying the CM's don't get a smile from seeing the creativity people put into faxes. I'm sure they enjoy them very much. But from the perspective of Disney management, who has to budget to staff the resorts, and the resort manager who has to get the day-to-day work of dealing with guests taken care of, they'd rather that guests give their requests to the call center.

After speaking to a couple room assignors over the years, 100% this. :thumbsup2

Absolutely, they do.

Interesting! I learned something new today. :) It totally makes sense since you put it that way. Dealing with phone calls is easier than a stack of paper.

Just saying that I faxed my room request to POFQ and got the exact floor and building I wanted last weekend . . . I assume they saw my request, or it was an incredible coincidence.

Just saying that I faxed my room request to POFQ and got the exact floor and building I wanted last weekend . . . I assume they saw my request, or it was an incredible coincidence.

POFQ was stated as one of the resorts that reportedly does accept faxes. The others do not

The first time we faxed our request we were lucky enough to have all our requests honored.

For our next vacation we did have our top request honored but did not get the building we had requested

For both vacations we had added our requests to the initial reservation via phone but later sent in the fax to POFQ as mentioned in a thread I had read.

Doesn't hurt to try...

You should be okay. As stated above, Port Orleans does accept faxed requests.

Probably? See if TP has forums like the DIS. There have been posts here in the past indicating the service works.
Thank you! Would it be redundant to call also?

So....why do they pay attention to Touring Plan faxes, yet others on here seem very confident they toss all faxes?

I don't know what to do - I am using Touring plans and don't plan to phone in any requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter