Feb 16, 2004

WilliamsMom

Mouseketeer
What's everyone's opinion on visiting MK on Monday? In researching this some people say to visit MK later in the week, not the first day of the vacation. I've also read that the Daytona race folks will be there February 15. Your thoughts...

That's our arrival day. We are doing resort's that day and Epcot and MGM on Monday as they handle crowds better. Though I would like to do MK first we aren't venturing there until Tues when some of the holiday crowd is gone.

JMHO
Sandy

Sandy,

Thanks for your thoughts. I had originally thought of doing Animal Kingdom on Monday but noticed it was an early entry day and we are staying off site.

So have you made priority seating already? And if so what are your recommendations? My hubby seems to think we will eat mostly off site and my son who is 7 doesn't seem interested in a character breakfast. I think a few lunch PS would be a good idea.

We arrive late on the 15th so we will just chill, unpack and maybe hit the boardwalk that night. I do plan to avoid the MK on Monday as Monday's in general tend to be crowded never mind with the holiday. We will hit MGM all day Monday ending with Fantasmic and then be at MK asap Tuesday morning. It will be hard for my girls to wait on MK as its their favorite but I think in general we will enjoy it more on Tuesday.

TJ

WilliamsMom~I am going the same week. How do you know when early entry days are?

Thanks,

Joanne

Extra Magic Hours (EMH)
Sunday Magic Kingdom
Monday Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday Disney-MGM Studios
Wednesday Epcot
Thursday Magic Kingdom
Friday Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday Disney-MGM Studios

Paula -

Yes, my PS's were all made daily by 7:05am. If your son doesn't want a character meal try Whispering Canyon or 50's Prime Time depending on his personality.

Also, no PS needed but I am surprising the girls with a "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches and Cream.

Again, depending on your DS we have done desert only at Le Cellier to get the Moose Shaped Chocolate Moose or desert only at Coral Reef for Edible Peanut Butter Playdough. (BTW, the sorbet, though pricey, is fabulous as for Mom and Dad as well as a beautiful visual presentation). We got a table right next to the tank. It was wonderful.

Just a few thoughts.

Back to the EMH:

I don't know where I've been but this is the first I have heard of this. Can someone explain if I've got this right? I can go one hour earlier than park opening and get in according to the schedule from InstImpres if I'm on property?

This sounds awesome!

Joanne

Joanne -

That's correct. One hour early for on-site guests as listed on the schedule. (FYI - they do check room keys).

I know I am not alone in the theory, if you have no desire to get up early enough or EMH, try a different park that morning. Parks obviously tend to be a little more crowded on EMH days.

Enjoy
Sandy

Well, my family and two groups of friends (total group is 12) will also be there that week so I hope I run into some of you and you have lime green ribbons! I never saw anyone on our last trip in April and I wore my ribbon everyday.

I've made all my PS's except for Friday the 20th. We just can't seem to decide where we want to go that day. I've made one PS for all the other days at either lunch or dinner time.

Cathy K.

Hey! I'm going to be there during that week too! :bounce:

I'm the Chinese guy with the long ponytail :crazy:

Originally posted by 3for Me
InstImpres -

Did you have to make a PS for dessert only at Le Cellier??

Thanks!

Just a regular PS. I have verified dessert only is fine with Dining but told not even necessary to ask.

Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter