Feb 2020 Thread

I was trying to modify a FP this morning and saw that SDD is available Feb 26 at 5:05 if anyone is interested!
I didn’t take it as I was looking for a morning slot but if it helps someone ...

I got the UT newsletter this morning and ended up looking at their crowd calendar. Their calendar is very optimistic and I'm going to try to keep that thought as well.
Also, I have a story- the last time I took my kids to DW for the day it was probably during spring break. It was March, we were in the area, I didn't even bother to check details like best park, crowd calendars, etc. It was crowded and overall there was less cast member interaction. It really felt more like visiting any run of the mill amusement park. BUT then we had a question about where to find something, asked a passing CM and the pixie dust that had not been sprinkled all day was all poured on us all at once. At no point was the day ruined and in the end the Disney magic won. So I'm trying to overlook the moderate to heavy crowds some are predicting for our upcoming trip and focus and the idea that the magic will still be there!

That’s great that you were still able to enjoy a crowded day. Hopefully they’ve overestimated February and it won’t be so bad.

We are taking our son and our nephew for his 16th birthday. It was a last minute trip so 3 nights and 3 different hotels, Copper Creek, Saratoga and All Star Movies. We are going from February 23rd-26th. We are doing one park hopper day and a moonlight magic on another day. We are hoping to try the NBA experience and mini golf. We also want to try footgolf. We are celebrating his birthday dinner at Whispering Canyon, since none of us have been there before.

Still waiting for them to update opening time for Studios. If boarding groups are gone in a minute at 7 they’ll last 15 seconds at 9. Not happy.
Same here. We are there the first week of Feb. If it’s still at 9 I’ll be watching the ROTR thread for how fast BG are gone to see if I should even try to get there for one.

For those going early February, how far before your trip did you get Magicbands? I need to be sure I intercept the mail.

For those going early February, how far before your trip did you get Magicbands? I need to be sure I intercept the mail.
Our first day is Jan31st and we got email with tracking number on Jan 8th and delivered Jan 9th

They normally ship right around the 3 week mark if you've already selected/customized them, or at least they have for us. We got ours for our Feb 16th trip a few weeks ago but I did upgrade one of them to a premium band so I think it shipped faster.

Same here. We are there the first week of Feb. If it’s still at 9 I’ll be watching the ROTR thread for how fast BG are gone to see if I should even try to get there for one.
We’re going that week too and only have 1 day for DHS. Do you know if 2 people in our group can try to get them at the same time? Figure that ups our odds a bit.

We’re going that week too and only have 1 day for DHS. Do you know if 2 people in our group can try to get them at the same time? Figure that ups our odds a bit.
Yep in the ROTR thread there are many reports of having multiple people in the group logged in and trying. As long as everyone is under the same MDE account. We will be trying multiple phones on our days there.

Last edited:
Anyone else kind of scared of the crowds on President's Day week based on FP availability? No Fastpasses available at all for Star Tours on Monday, or Safaris on Tuesday, just as examples I am seeing in my own MDE.

Anyone else kind of scared of the crowds on President's Day week based on FP availability? No Fastpasses available at all for Star Tours on Monday, or Safaris on Tuesday, just as examples I am seeing in my own MDE.

Scared? No, but I've planned accordingly. That Sat-Monday is a solid 10 across the board according to TP's crowd calendar. It's going to be busy, but we don't have a problem with crowds with a good plan. We're there for 9 nights, so we might just take it easy that Sat/Sun/Mon

Honestly, aside from ease of moving around, and finding a place to sit at QS restaurants, the crowd level doesn't really change our experience too much lately. We went last year when it was 3-4's and we've been during hard 10's. We have a good time no matter what. Just plan accordingly.

Still waiting for them to update opening time for Studios. If boarding groups are gone in a minute at 7 they’ll last 15 seconds at 9. Not happy.

I'm obsessively reading the RotR boarding groups thread on the SWGE sub forum. I keep telling myself there is no way they keep the 9 am openings at DHS the first week of February. Still too many people wanting BGs and too much ride downtime. But it will probably be mid-next-week before we know.

I'm obsessively reading the RotR boarding groups thread on the SWGE sub forum. I keep telling myself there is no way they keep the 9 am openings at DHS the first week of February. Still too many people wanting BGs and too much ride downtime. But it will probably be mid-next-week before we know.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they waited until the day before to change them. A two hour difference in one day is too much so I’m expecting at least a move to 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!