February 2019 Discount Watch

Checked today and all standard rooms at Pop are gone for our short trip 2/1-5. Reserved a Preferred room to be on safe side but I am waiting for Disney Visa room discount hopefully soon and if not then the AP discount.
Is there a competition that weekend that would cause it to book up? I wonder if Pop will be excluded from discounts since it is already booked. Yikes

Is there a competition that weekend that would cause it to book up? I wonder if Pop will be excluded from discounts since it is already booked. Yikes
I feel like a lot of us have pre-booked so maybe that's why. Who knows. Hopefully the hold time when the offer is released isn't too bad.

There is a UCA cheer competition at WDW Feb. 8-10. I know a lot of families begin arriving mid-week, around 2/5.

kimmy07... how do you know which rooms are included in the play stay dine? we have a king room at the CBR

I just read next year’s Flower &Garden starts 3/6/19. This year it started 2/28. I’m wondering what that means for crowds and discounts, if anything. We have 2/28-3/6 booked and are anixously awaiting a discount.

kimmy07... how do you know which rooms are included in the play stay dine? we have a king room at the CBR
We won’t know until it is announced. It will usually list which resorts are excluded if it is a entire resort and/or which room categories may be excluded. Of course it also could be that it isn’t listed as being excluded, but there may be no availability left when you call as they only have so many for each type.

I just read next year’s Flower &Garden starts 3/6/19. This year it started 2/28. I’m wondering what that means for crowds and discounts, if anything. We have 2/28-3/6 booked and are anixously awaiting a discount.

Festival of Arts goes to 2/25/19 so that’s why F&G is so late to start.

Checked today and all standard rooms at Pop are gone for our short trip 2/1-5. Reserved a Preferred room to be on safe side but I am waiting for Disney Visa room discount hopefully soon and if not then the AP discount.

How do you find out about disney Visa offers for this?

I'm going with my bf for 5 nights by the end of February, booked a king room at POR. Would be really nice to get a discount but I'm not counting on it :)

I'm going with my bf for 5 nights by the end of February, booked a king room at POR. Would be really nice to get a discount but I'm not counting on it :)
No me neither really. I booked POFQ as I am willing to pay that rack rate. If a discount comes out I will try and upgrade to a deluxe.

Last year there was a combined Jan/Feb discount thread and as of Sept 24th we were 13 pages in. This year we have separate Jan and Feb threads and each only has 5 pages of comments. I'm somewhat surprised how little activity the boards generate in terms of discussion around discounts for that time of year, lol.

Just a strange observation...Also figured I'd share this again for anybody new here who didn't see it previously - the latest deals for Jan/Feb has ever been released is 2 weeks from tomorrow so we are definitely getting close!

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine & Room Only Discounts:

2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/ *(there are also threads for '15, '16 and '17 linked in the first comment on the 2018 thread)

I wonder if less people are traveling as they are waiting for SWL to open. Perhaps people aren't returning that time of year as it seemed so busy last year.

We need to place some bets about whether new Feb pricing will be about the same cost, less than current or more...I guess it will depend on the start date of your vacation.

Last year there was a combined Jan/Feb discount thread and as of Sept 24th we were 13 pages in. This year we have separate Jan and Feb threads and each only has 5 pages of comments. I'm somewhat surprised how little activity the boards generate in terms of discussion around discounts for that time of year, lol.

Just a strange observation...Also figured I'd share this again for anybody new here who didn't see it previously - the latest deals for Jan/Feb has ever been released is 2 weeks from tomorrow so we are definitely getting close!

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine & Room Only Discounts:

2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/ *(there are also threads for '15, '16 and '17 linked in the first comment on the 2018 thread)
I noticed the lack of discussion also, and the lack of anyone with any TA connections on here this year. It has me worried about discounts. Then I saw the announcement about the new ticket pricing system and how close the release date is to the historical dates of discount releases and it has me even more pessimistic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!