February weather & crowds?

Deluzy

Yes, I'm a Slytherin
Has any been just before Presidents' Day weekend?

I am trying to figure out our packing lists for our upcoming trip and was trying to think about how we are going to plan dressing for the day. What is the weather like during that time of the year? Should we plan on wearing jeans or is it warm enough for shorts and a sweatshirt? (hint: we do not get cold very easily).

Also, when do the PD crowds show up? The Friday before?

Thanks for your valuable input!

BUMP

We are also going at that time. Looking at your countdown timer it appears as though you guys are getting there a day before us. Have a great trip!

we went the week before Pres. week in '01. I don't think any weather was better. Hit 80's in the day but night and eve were cool. We wore shorts the whole time---mil and fil wore pants...no complaints from them either.

We were there in 2000. As goofeyshell said, the weather was nice but I have heard it can be chilly sometimes. As for crowds, it was light until Friday when it started to pick up but no problems. Saturday was really crowded. Someone said they closed the parking lots for a couple of hours at one point. I believe that the race is in Daytona that weekend also isn't it?

We will be there also!! Yes the Daytona is that same weekend. WE will bw staying at the Poly for 5 nites and then swithing to the BCV for another 5, Hopefully we will hit a couple of days in the 70's! Coming from NE that will seem like HEAVEN!! Joan:Pinkbounc

In February 2002 we checked in on Tuesday the 12th. The 12th-17 the temps were mid 60's and we wore pants(I mostly wore capris) and jackets or sweatshirts. Sometimes in the afternoon we could take off our jackets for a little while. The 18th-22nd the temps were in the low 70's and we were able to wear shorts.
We're going back again next month so I'm hoping for around 70 degrees but we'll see. :D

Thanks, that's great to know!

We will probably stick with the plan of wearing shorts with t-shirts and sweatshirts. I just got a couple of new sweatshirts from disneystore.com for $16 so we are good to go!

I can't wait and it looks as though there will be so many of you. FYI, some of the ps we have are:

'ohana's on the 9th at 6:20pm
Park Fair on the 12th at 9am
Palios on the 14th at 6pm

Ya never know when we will be in the same spots at the same time!

It was pretty cold in December. Colder and stranger weather than last year. Several nights, I had to wear gloves and layered clothing. Other nights and days I wore short sleeve shirts.

A couple of nights ago, Orlando had freeze warnings at night. Can you say El Nino?

It could be much warmer in February, but you could keep an eye on these links to historical, present, five-day, and 10-day weather forecasts at:

http://www.wdwig.com/weather.htm

And here is an attendance link:

http://www.wdwig.com/attend.htm

I hope that you all have a magical Disney vacation.

Ray

We'll be there too!!! We'll be the family in the obnoxious orange sweatshirts (should the weather be on the cool side) and the Syracuse white legs .

I'm hoping the parks won't be too bad our first two days, 2/13 and 2/14.

Do I remember reading that DIS board members wear ribbons to stake each other out? Some crazy green :bounce: or something?

Us too, and I`m really hoping for warm weather. It`s been a cold, wet, windy winter here so far, those palm trees will be a wecomed sight. I think I`ll be packing for every kind of weather too. Never been in Feb. before, but we`ve been frozen in Nov. You never know. Have a great trip. Anyone else have a PS for Boma on the 12th? It`s the only one I made.:D

Another frozen northerner looking for some warm February weather. 33 days and counting. :)

We've visited the last two years over President's week and had good weather. We've had a few good swimming days both years. AKL here we come this year!:bounce:

We've been the last 3 President's weeks and swam each time. I usually bring clothes that can be layered - but I wear shorts no matter what - hey, it's Florida!!!

We always go the week before President's Day and the weather during the day is usually nice. Temps in the 70's. I always bring stuff I can layer and wear either khakis or shorts in the park. The nights can be cool and a mid-weight jacket often comes in handy if you plan to be out late. Ialways check www.weather.com before I leave as they have a 10-day forecast which is generally accurate.

We've had something like 74 inches of snow already this season :rolleyes: .

Hey, with all of us northeasterns visiting all at once, at least I won't be the only one with white legs ;) .

Originally posted by kaabost
BUMP

We are also going at that time. Looking at your countdown timer it appears as though you guys are getting there a day before us. Have a great trip!

We are going at that time too. Arriving on the 8th.

We are only planning a character meal so far. At Chef Mickey's on the 11th.

Going President's Week to escape Worcester weather advisories! We swam last year, and got funny looks from locals. My husband and I cracked up at the monorail guys in heavy parkas and GLOVES at night-- we were in shorts! Swimming regardless, and leaving the snow scraper at home!

Hey Bichon Barb: Speak for yourself! LOL! I decided I didn't want white legs so I started doing the unhealthy tanning booth. It's nice to pretend your somewhere else for those 10-15 minutes! It's nice and warm! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!