February weather & crowds?

Hey SaintJenn. That's no fair! ;)

I'm jealous.

Bichon Barb

Hey Barb
Looks like our planes take off about 3 hours apart. Where are you staying?

I have gone many time right before President's Week...and I agree, the weather is just FINE! I usually feel a little "chill" in the early AM, but never go to the parks in anything other than shorts as it VERY quickly warms up and then is perfect!

The crowds on the occasions I was there this time of year usually arrived Saturday/Sunday....that's why I head down on Wednesday before so I'll have a couple days of "calm" before the crowd hits! All in all, using FP efficiently, wait time didn't ever get THAT bad, even after the weekend hit....AFTER ALL....we're in the middle of the MAGIC!:earsgirl:

JennSaint,

We are staying in a townhome at Emerald Isle. This is our first time staying off site. Couldn't resist the great deal (3 bdrm, community pool just built last year for $500 WEEK!) The gentleman who owns is was having a hard time filling up Feb, so we lucked out.

Anyway, here is the itinerary we are trying for:

2/13 - Epcot (PS at GG 12:30) then MGM for a few hours
2/14 - Magic Kingdom
2/15 - Nothing. In laws arrive for a couple of nights
2/16 - Animal Kingdom (PS at CG and DH at 7:30 no kids!)
2/17 - Nothing. In laws leave. DH visits company we rep.
2/18 - Universal?
2/19 - home :(

I'm going to ask this again. Did I read something about green ribbons or something that Disboard members wear??

Barb: I have to say I was very tempted to stay offsite in a pool home. But decided to take advantage of the codes again. Maybe next time!
Many Disers wear lime green ribbon so they can be spotted. I have never done this but I may for this trip. I think many people tie it to their backpacks or fannypacks.:D

I'll be there Feb 7th for 3 days. All of my past trips (5) have been May, June or August. I'm used to making all of my priority seatings well in advance, and seeing huge crowds.

This is a spur of the moment trip (much shorter too - only 3 days)and I am not sure what to expect for February, weather wise or crowd wise.

Thanks for all the helpful info. Any more for us value season 'newbies' would be appreciated.

Hi All!

Again, thanks so muchfor the input - I'm getting so excited to see that there are so many people going when we are there!

We are from Seattle and are really looking forward to some warm weather (don't get me wrong, we are enjoying the El Nino warm/sun snap that we are having, but we are a far cry from 70 degrees!!) LOL

Anyway, if most Dis-ers wear a lime green ribbon, then I will grab one and put it on our camera bag (or perhaps my hair if I'm pulling it back). I will keep my eyes out as well as it would be great to say "Hi" to fellow Disney lovers.

Do let me know if the color is different.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing you all!!!

That will be so fun! Anyone else out there will to tie on a ribbon for a Dis-Hello? :Pinkbounc

BTW: I'm Suzy and My Husband is Del (thus Deluzy) - we will be the blonde ones with the white legs!! LOL

I called Disney today and they said the High School Cheerleading Championships will be from FEB 3 - FEB 13. I guess that is why the value resorts were almost all booked.

I changed my trip to JAN 26-JAN-31. They said they had no events planned for that time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!