FEEDBACK NEEDED - DIS Meet October 2020 At The Fort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man , my pop up is going to get dwarfed.

One time the Fort upgraded me for free in my pop-up to a Premium in 400. My camper looked like it was set up in a parking lot there was so much empty pavement around me. I'll put you next to me, sjm9911, don't you worry. I'm used to it from Gulf.

I also measured my truck. The camper is 42 ft. The truck another 22. So ideally, 65 ft site. But if there is nothing behind the site, I can overhang the back of the trailer 12-15 ft. As long as I have a 50ft deep site, I'll be ok.

Teamubr if we go Full I am counting on some overhang to get you big boys shoe-horned into a site.

New to disboard but have been going to Ft Wilderness for years, sometime 5 times a yr (8-30 days per trip). Would love to come to your meet in October’s 2020 if there’s room. We have large motor home & tow ford explore, we usually do premium but think we might fit on preferred. Need bare minimum of 65’ to mush in.

We would love to have you DYNSC. And to meet you in person.

Honestly, my concern is not having ENOUGH people to fill our allotment whatever it turns out to be. I know there are valid reasons that people would want to do their own thing in parallel but we need to be able to fill the allotment as much as we can.

I am hearing some general consensus for a Full site request and fingers crossed we can fit folks on sites. Again, I think being able to assign in advance with measurement info will help us get people to fit. It won't be random or pot luck. If we can get in 1600-1900 I like our chances.

I don't hear too much push-back on the Oct 4-18 contract window. Again, only a 14 day window is the longest Disney will do.

Keep the comments and suggestions coming, particularly from those who haven't chimed in yet.

Bama Ed

New to disboard but have been going to Ft Wilderness for years, sometime 5 times a yr (8-30 days per trip).
@DYNSC :welcome: . If you don't mind, throw out a little info. Brand of RV, state you live in, pets, food allergies, shoe size?, LOL.

Seriously though welcome aboard, we all enjoy hearing from everyone who enjoys The Fort. :thumbsup2

Ed, you do like a good challenge :thumbsup2 good of you to take charge.

We are in for the 5th - 18th, any site level but we do like the full sites.
We will most definitely have the mh and car,so about 50 ft.

Keep up the good work.

Ed, you do like a good challenge :thumbsup2 good of you to take charge.

We are in for the 5th - 18th, any site level but we do like the full sites.
We will most definitely have the mh and car,so about 50 ft.

Keep up the good work.
I'm calling dibs on being Vince's neighbor.

Our daughter's have a lot of catching up to do.

I'm calling dibs on being Vince's neighbor.

Our daughter's have a lot of catching up to do.

Somebody I know who knows somebody can make that happen maybe. :rolleyes1 And that goes for the rest of you.

Snowmedic, we would be honored to have you, DW, and Lil' Medic with us.

ED

We would love to be there. October 2020 seems so far off, but time flies at my age. The dates sound good, at this point will have to look ahead at my work schedule and vacation availability. This is during Canadian Thanksgiving , a busy time on the farm, but perhaps a break will be needed.
We have spent our last three times in the 1700 loop and have found it works well with our 39’ 5th wheel. The 1600-1900 loops are very quiet.
Love the suggested names for this momentous event Ed, thanks for taking up the torch.
All the best,
Krista

We have 43’ motorhome Forest River Berkshire XLT, 4 kids & 5 grandkids. About 60% of the time we have one or more of the grandkids on trips with us, that’s why we bought one with bunk beds. No pets but, have visitation rights with the menagerie our kids have. We live in Charleston SC, even though our neighbors (& kids) deny that since we travel a lot. Husband semi-retired.
Oct 4-18 is good for us. Love the name suggested and pot luck idea.
We’ve stayed many times in loops 400 (usually request this), 500,600,700,800 and last time stayed in 1400 for the first time, it was an 88’ site, very nice and quiet yet the campfire was right behind us. Haven’t stayed in 1600-1900 but as long as they have 65+ Ft sites we’re good with it.
We tow our Ford Explorer and bring our Cricket golfcart (not to mention site decor we bring) so prefer 70+ sites.
Really looking forward to this.
DYNSC

Again, just to be upfront with everyone:

There are uncertainties at this point about in the mix about how big each person's set up is, how much each person wants to pay for a site, and what loop we might ultimately be assigned.

So knowing that - for the contract request I'm simply asking for a Full or Premium call on site type right now. Group name and dates seem to work for everyone.

Bama Ed

Full or premium for me, I'm fine with either choice.

Ed,

I'm excited about all the interest. This is shaping up to be a big meet. Unfortunately many of us also have BIG rigs. I'm not sure there are enough "runway" size sites in any single Full loop to accommodate the likes of Randy (and friends), Chris, me, Friend of Eeyore, DYNSC, Joe, and others. I know many of us have made comments about wanting to be considerate of budget concerns and are OK with a Full site "if I fit."

Since the contract needs to go in soon and it sounds like we have more "big rig" requirements than any single Full loop can accommodate, I'm going to suggest going with Premium on the contract. That should remove the risk of not everyone being able to fit on a site intended for medium (and smaller) size rigs. The price difference between a Full and Premium this October is $15/night. ($95 vs $110). Hopefully this won't be too impactful.

j

Last edited:
Good points Ed and Jim, I'm good either way, I would more than likely park the Peterbilt up in the overflow lot. I always parked my pickup up there, I'm not a big fan of a site full of cars and trucks anyway and with a 44ft TH it doesn't take much to fill up a site. Plus if where all in the same loop there will be more than enough people to "help" park in the sites. And I do have a backup plan incase it's a tight loops, Patrick and my folks will be checking in the same time, if push comes to shove I can use one of there pickups to get the camper into a site, PaHunter we'll be willing to help you do the same if need be. I believe the $15 a night price difference between Full and Premium shouldn't be a make or break, that is $105 for seven nights or one Disney dinner for 2 :crowded:

And when I say "help" I mean with cell phones recording and popcorn in hand popcorn::I this from the GSP bunch...

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates folks.

It's difficult to accommodate all types of needs because we have such a wide variety of rigs and sizes. I am going to ask the agent to inquire about both but more to Premium perhaps. I think our date window (which ends on 10/18/20) is far enough away from the Halloween time to give us better options in any event.

As a reminder, again, Disney is under NO obligation to give us a group contract at all in which case the agent can manage us via individual reservations (more work on their part to get us near each other).

Let's see what happens.

Bama Ed

I just read description on full site and we wouldn’t fit there either. Totally agree with going to Premium, which is what we book when going alone, always request 70+ pad. Bama Ed, thanks for all your work and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ok, I'm late on my reply, sorry!!! We are definitely in. September/October time frame are usually good with us, especially October. Our camper is 32' long. I prefer premium just for the extra space but we'll go along with everyone else.

Would be fun one night if we all did Mickey's Not So Scary together (or at least coordinated a night for those that wanted to do it.)

Also, I don't know if anyone watch the DISUnplugged podcast who own these boards, but I bet we could get one or two of them to stop by one night to say hi if we wanted.

Last edited:
Ed, Arnold said we are fine with full or premium. As I said earlier, we can put the truck (if we ever get it back) in overflow. We can use the golf cart for extra transportation. We have no problem sharing the GC with others. And again, thank you for being our travel agent!!

Ok, I'm late on my reply, sorry!!! We are definitely in. September/October time frame are usually good with us, especially October. Our camper is 32' long. I prefer premium just for the extra space but we'll go along with everyone else.

Would be fun one night if we all did Mickey's Not So Scary together (or at least coordinated a night for those that wanted to do it.)

Also, I don't know if anyone watch the DISUnplugged podcast who own these boards, but I bet we could get one or two of them to stop by one night to say hi if we wanted.
We love the Halloween Party and would definitely go.

We would be up for that, may have my niece with us who will 8 at that time

Bama Ed , i appreciate you doing this , and a lot have had there say on the topic. Just wondering if the time frame is getting short now? I booked my oct trip for this year in August of last year and it was slim pickings. So , i do decree, that in your infanate wisdom , chose what is best for us. Take out the scale and weigh it! Always , and with thanks......not trying to rush it but was wondering if it was getting close. The way i figure it will take a lot more to have people book and such, it is an undertaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter