filling out cruise forms....

singledismom

Earning My Ears
Our TA told us that there would be some type of permission form that would need to filled out and notarized by the non traveling parent giving permission to take the child out of the country. If this is the case and if so can someone please tell me what they do in cases were the other parent is not involved and has had no contact with the child for over 10 yrs, but his name is on the birth certificate? Does this sound like a Soap Opera our what ?!?!!?

This one form to fill out is very confusing. On our last trip my BIL, who is divorced, brought his 2 sons with him. We called DCL about any need for such a notarized form and they told us that if it is a parent that has the same last name as the children then this form is not necessary. If it states it in the divorce decree that the children can not be taken out of the state or country without the other parent's permission they suggested that you get a notarized form and bring a copy of the divorce decree. If the parent that is taking the cruise has a different last name they may ask for a form at check-in or proof that you have custody of the child. Sound confusing? My BIL also brought his girlfriend and her son, different last name, and all she brought was a copy of her divorce decree that gave her custody of her son. She just showed it to them at check-in and that was all.
They told us that the notarized form is mainly for people who are not the childs parent, eg. grandparents, who are taking minor children on the cruise.
I hope this clears up the question, but DCL is always available to answer questions over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter