Final Dining Reviews from Home

sherry8253

<font color=blue>The TF hopes to brighten your day
Rose & Crown - DH and I shared the fruit and cheese tray and both had fish and chips. Tray had some grapes and 3 strawberries, 2 pieces of cheddar & a piece of blue cheese (yuck from me but DH said was good) and a few packs of crackers. We used to love the fish here but both of our pieces were greasy and the batter was underdone. This is off of our list for next year. The fish recipe is in the Disney cookbook and I have made it several times. We both agree it is better when I make it at home. We give this meal a C-.

China - My DH learned a lesson this trip. He would not let me make PS before we left home for the time period of 12/1 to 12/6. Consequently he could not eat at several of the places (Le Cellier for example) where he wanted to dine. That is how we ended up in China because they had seatings available for just about any time you wanted. But I am glad that we ended up here. In MHO the food was excellent. We split sesame chicken & sweet and sour pork. We thought our favorite chinese restaurant at home was good but this was even better. Meat was very tender & food was nice and hot. Service was great but you did not feel rushed like you do at some of the Epcot restaurants. We also split spring rolls but they were a little greasy. Overall we give this meal an A-

Sci-Fi for lunch - I had ham & cheese sandwich which was YUMMY. Loved the roll. DH had his usual burger which he was not impressed with. We split onion rings which were greasy. My DH had stomach cramps about an hour after he ate but we don't know if they came from his lunch or not. I would go back for the ham sandwich but he crossed it off the list. Our combined rating would have to be a C - I gave it a B and he gave it a D.

Alfredos - DH had calamari which he said was excellent. I had a caesar salad. We both had the fettuccini alfredo which was excellent. I know that many people dont like this restaurant but it remains one of our favorites. One drawback is that I do feel rushed here - like they want to get you out quickly - meal came before we finished our appetizers. Many people also don't like how close you are seated to other parties. We don't mind and usually end up talking with our dining neighbors because you are almost touching elbows with them. This year was no exception and we met 2 very nice couples while dining. Our overall rating is a B+

I think I covered them all. I miss Disney already from cold & snowy Pennsylvania. Oh well. I will have to start a new countdown clock with 365 days on it (unless I can talk DH into a long weekend before next December) and since I think planning is 1/2 the fun it will be an enjoyable 355 days!!! I will be glad to answer any questions you have. Have a great evening!

I enjoyed your reviews. I myself had a bad meal in China and will not go back, but I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience. I have never eaten at Rose and Crown. We always go to Restaurant Marakesh, but I've heard enough good things about Rose and Crown I might try it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter