Mini TR for another Boston Road Trip - updated Nov 22

That must be so stressful to try to get a client that you want to have a great time, but..... ummm, you're <60 days out... EEK!!!!

On the bright side..... you TAs are awesome and I know you'll do the best you can.

DISMeets ARE the very best and I'm sure you ladies are going to have such a lovely time!

Yay! Dismeets are the absolute best! :goodvibes

They really are! Who knew you could have friends that you have never met, and then when you do...feels like you have known them forever.

On the bright side..... you TAs are awesome and I know you'll do the best you can.

DISMeets ARE the very best and I'm sure you ladies are going to have such a lovely time!

Aww shucks thanks!! And yes LOVE the DisMeets!

So I'm gonna try to do this semi live, mostly because I want to remember it all too lol

Quick rundown of travel day/day 1 of the trip!!

Yesterday, Feb 19. Got up at the butt crack of dawn to get to the airport. There was some bad traffic on the way so I was worried I would not have a lot of time, but got there ok. Got checked in for my flight...also was a little worried about my bag weight since I almost pulled out my back trying to get it down the stairs at home, but thankfully it was ok, I'm just a weakling lol

You guys I still am having a hard time with pictures, so I promise to try harder when I get home...but on vacay don't want to spend too much time fiddling with that!! So pics to come later...if you're bored of my drivel without pics...you'll have to wait!

Anyway...got to the gate and it was one of those super boring ones...no windows...air circulation not good...ugh. Sat for a bit and got a bit of a headache so walked around a bit. But wasn't really in the mood for food, figured they'd have something at least to buy on the plane..(cue foreshadowing music) Got on the plane. Funny enough I sat next to another travel agent who also works for Expedia CruiseShipCenters. She was from another city and was only transferring planes in Toronto, but still, that was cool. She had been in the business a lot longer than I have too, so she gave me some good advice. We also planned to connect on our work FB group which is cool.

Pretty uneventful flight, tested out my new Turtl neck pillow, loved it!! But...was hoping for more than a tiny bag of pretzels...they came around with drinks..and then...waited with my credit card in hand hoping for the ham and cheese croissant I'd seen on the menu....but alas...before I knew it, the captain was announcing that it was time to prepare for landing. What?? What about the food? I mean, I'm happy the 2 1/2 hours went by swiftly...but man was I hungry by the time I got to MCO.

Got off the plane and figured it may be a while before bags were available so headed to the food court. I always make a point of trying to eat at places we don't have at home when on vacay, even if it's a food court. But some of the lineups were insane. I decided to go with the smoked turkey sub from Firehouse Subs. It was actually pretty good! I wolfed that down along with some tylenol to combat what was probably a hunger headache, and then headed down to baggage claim. I was a bit worried that I'd taken too long and my bag would have been claimed or sent to Malaysia or something, but then I spotted some people I'd seen on my flight and they were still waiting so all good! I think my bag was one of the last to come off, so I was very glad I'd made the detour to the food court before going to wait for it!

All set with my bag, headed over to catch the ME. There was a bit of a line, and because they don't mail MB's to Canadians I just had my letter in hand...they had a bit of trouble with it but eventually got me on my way...to another line to wait for the right bus. Waited about 10 minutes before boarding and we were off!! I was lucky that the CBR was the first stop for this bus as I could see it was going a few places. When we arrived at CBR...and drove..and drove and drove...I was a bit worried by the sheer size of this resort...ugh!! I got checked in and started the hike to my room in the Jamaica section. @Steppesister this had me a bit worried because the walk from the check in to my room in building 46...seemed quite far. However at that point I was dragging a giant suitcase and was a bit tired after the travel etc. I am going to try it again with fresh eyes today and I will let you know. However...the good news is that my room in Jamaica was not at all far from the bus stop so that was something, and it was on the ground floor.

I tried and failed to power nap because I'm at DISNEY!!! so just rested for a few minutes before giving up on that and heading out to go meet @DonnaBeeGood at DS for the evening!! I arrived and texted her and we found each other in front of Sephora! We hugged like old friends and started walking around a bit!! Gotta head out now to meet up with her and @ariane37 this morning, so I will finish telling you about our evening later!!

was a little worried about my bag weight since I almost pulled out my back trying to get it down the stairs at home, but thankfully it was ok, I'm just a weakling lol

:laughing: Sorry... this just strikes me as really funny. :)

You guys I still am having a hard time with pictures, so I promise to try harder when I get home...but on vacay don't want to spend too much time fiddling with that!

::yes:: I'm even shocked you're writing a report while you're on vacay.

But wasn't really in the mood for food, figured they'd have something at least to buy on the plane..(cue foreshadowing music)

She had been in the business a lot longer than I have too, so she gave me some good advice.

Nice! :)

the captain was announcing that it was time to prepare for landing. What?? What about the food? I mean, I'm happy the 2 1/2 hours went by swiftly...but man was I hungry by the time I got to MCO.

Whereas the passengers attacked and ate the pilot. He was a bit dry, but filling.

I decided to go with the smoked turkey sub from Firehouse Subs. It was actually pretty good!

Thanks for the tip! :)

tylenol to combat what was probably a hunger headache,

Huh. I've never gotten a "hunger headache", but I do get sleep deprived headaches.

All set with my bag, headed over to catch the ME.

Why did you not let Disney deliver your bag?

However at that point I was dragging a giant suitcase and was a bit tired after the travel etc.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's going to be worse heading in the opposite direction.

I tried and failed to power nap because I'm at DISNEY!!!

::yes::

heading out to go meet @DonnaBeeGood at DS for the evening!!

Gotta head out now to meet up with her and @ariane37 this morning,

DISmeets! Yay! :goodvibes

Awesome first day!!

Keep the info about CBR coming!!

It was an awesome first day indeed. Still have to finish writing about last night and today! But it's been great! As for CBR, I think I am lucky in that I got a room near a bus stop, which is what I requested. I think that because of the construction, you do have to walk a little further to get around than you would have to normally. Since my original trek to my room from the front desk with my suitcase, I have not been back there yet, so I've only had to walk as far as the bus stop. Tonight I just got to my room and was contemplating going over to get a cold drink but thought better of it because my feet are sore. I did see a sign for vending machines so I may see if that only takes cash or not...since I don't have a lot of US cash on me being from Canada and all, I don't usually take out much anymore, there's not a lot of need for it with magic bands and plastic! But I digress. I am liking the resort for my purposes, but it is indeed HUGE.

Sorry... this just strikes me as really funny. :)

What, the idea of me pulling out my back going down the stairs lol, yeah kind of funny. Luckily it didn't happen.

I'm even shocked you're writing a report while you're on vacay.

I like to document while it's still fresh in my mind, I'm getting senile and won't remember much later lol

Whereas the passengers attacked and ate the pilot. He was a bit dry, but filling.

Yeah I think a lot of people headed straight for the nearest Dunkin donuts immediately after deplaning.

Huh. I've never gotten a "hunger headache", but I do get sleep deprived headaches.

Yeah I think mine was a combo of both not enough sleep and hunger, but luckily the sub and Tylenol took care of both.

Why did you not let Disney deliver your bag?

Funny you should ask. You may recall that initially they didn't offer this service to us Canucks, but now they do. However, since that one time I did it and didn't get my bag until many many hours later I decided I would rather just drag the thing myself through the airport and have everything with me as soon as I got to my room. I knew I'd want to change and leave soon for DS and am too much of a control freak to let even Disney handle that ...but maybe next time if I am not anxious to get going I will give it a shot.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's going to be worse heading in the opposite direction.

Yes, you are probably right...the return trip with the suitcase is not gonna be fun. Although, since actually after this trip I'm not taking the ME, I'm actually headed down to to FLL for the second part of this trip....I am thinking I might be able to get an Uber to pick me up somewhere other than the main desk? Not sure about that yet, but I will find out!

Back to last night...

After trying unsuccessfully to nap...I headed out to find the bus stop which was actually not too far from my room. I'm in Jamaica, building 46 in case anyone wants to know. I'd recommend it for proximity to the bus stops. But if you want proximity to the lobby and pool and food options, not so much. Since I ate breakfast (which consisted of a caramel oatmeal cornflake cookie purchased last night...what it has cereal in it so, good breakfast right?) in my room, and ate all other meals today at MK so have not even checked out food options here yet. TBD.

ANYWAY...got on a bus to DS around 4:30pm and soon I was getting off and texting @DonnaBeeGood to see where she was. We found each other pretty quickly as she is easily identified by her sparkly hat, and I in my muppet dress, yes @pkondz still working on figuring out why I can't get any pics to upload lol So we walked around a bit chatting like old friends, I mean, we've known each other on the DIS for quite a while, but it was a lot of fun to meet in person. Also, @DonnaBeeGood has been awesome to hang out with because she is on a longer trip and has seen and done all of her "must do's" already and so she said (although I really hope she means it lol) that she is happy to tag along with whatever I want to do while I'm here!! SO...ok girl, you are my dream Disney companion!!

We walked and talked a bit more, I got some decals for my car, a cute Mickey Ears one and a Walt Disney World one in the style of running magnets/decals, I'll post pics again when I can figure out how. Side note: my ex-husband (yes, divorce is official now so I now get to call him that) would never let me stick anything on the car when it was "our" car. So now that my car is my own, I have pretty much covered it with all forms of stickers and magnets that might be considered quite tacky in polite company, but I love them. Plus it makes it easier to find my car in a crowd. So that's my new thing to collect everywhere I go. I have run out of room on the back of my car so the decals are bleeding into the sides, which even my DD finds embarrassing, but tough luck for her.

We then went to Jock Lindseys for a drink. I got this yummy green concoction that I now can't even recall the name of but @Monykalyn I think said was her fave? It was really good. We walked around a bit more and then decided on D-Luxe burger for dinner since neither one of us had ever eaten there. I got the Southern burger which had a fried green tomato on it and cheese and it was really good. I think @DonnaBeeGood enjoyed her cheeseburger too! We were pretty full after dinner but decided to go to Sprinkles to get something for the road. I got the banana cupcake which is my fave and Donna got the Red Velvet which she said was pretty good. I also got the cookie - caramel oatmeal cornflake, that would be this morning's breakfast. Donna decided to head out after that, and I stopped in Sephora for some lipstick because I didn't bring any on this trip, and you just never know when you might want lipstick. Actually it's because I'm going on a cruise and may have to wear a dress and lipstick if I want my lobster right @pkondz ?

Headed back to the hotel around 9pm because was exhausted and knew today would be an early one. Froze my **** off on the Disney bus...have learned good lesson, back of the bus is warmest place if you are like me and think that Florida AC can be a bit excessive!!

Wednesday Feb 20 - today!! MK day!

6:30am came wayyyy too quickly but jumped out of bed because, DISNEY! Showered and dressed and set out for the busses at around 7:30am. Bus came around 7:45 and was at MK by 8:00 am. I texted @DonnaBeeGood and @ariane37 and both were on their way. Strolled up Main Street and got a PP pic with the castle. I've never had PP before (and only really have it on loan from a friend this time) so it was a new experience for me and a lot of fun. The photographer kept saying turn right, turn left, cross your arms, look up etc, and I felt like I was in these really weird poses, but when I saw the pics later they actually looked much better than I imagined in my head when he was taking them. So I guess maybe some of them know what they are doing lol.

I met a nice family on the bus who wanted to try to RD Peter Pan and that's where I was planning to head first, so I told them to follow me. There was also a nice couple on the bus from Australia who, bless them, asked me what are fastpasses and how to get them, this is WHILE on the bus ON THE WAY to MK!! Um...do you have the app? What app??? Um, My Disney Experience app??? No? Oh let's download it now then. So they did, and then they set about trying to get FP's for their day lol. Wow. I was cringing but I hope they had a good time!

Got to the rope on the left of the castle and waited...until they let the stampede to Fantasyland begin. I stayed with the family from the bus and we got on PP with no wait which was great, but by the time we came out there was a long line. I caught up with @DonnaBeeGood right after her PP ride. @ariane37 wasn't there yet so we decided to hop on HM for a ride. I'm sooooo glad we did HM then because later in the day there were ridiculous lines for it. Actually it was busier today than I think I've ever seen it on a time that wasn't Christmas...there were even 40 minute lines for IASW and 20 minute lines for Peoplemover! After HM we tried again to catch up with Ariane because they wanted to see Mickey and Minnie in their birthday outfits. We caught up with her and Steve there and said a quick hello and got a photo, but the line was at 60 mins for Mickey and we didn't really want to do it. Ariane did so we left them and continued on our way. We hit Jungle Cruise, then had a FP for Pirates which I had not been on in years and really enjoyed. Then I had my PP FP since it's my fave ride and I wanted to get it twice. Then we hit up Under the Sea, and had a FP for Buzz.

We decided on Columbia HH for lunch, where I got the tuna sandwhich and Donna got the chicken pot pie. I think we both enjoyed our lunch...and resting our feet. After that we just ended up going on whatever we could get more FP's for...I think we did IASW and WTP. Then we did Mickey's Philharmagic and the Tiki room. Oh and Country Bears which I hadn't done in a long time. We decided on Friar's Nook for dinner where we both got some version of tater tots, mine had mac and cheese in it too, it was pretty good actually!! Later had to get a Disney snack and went for the Dole Whip float which hit the spot after dinner as I was getting a bit wiped out. It was dark out so we decided to try the Tangled photopass spot ...that was quite a long line but I think worth it for the cool pics.

After that, we decided to call it a day. I think that was my first ever 12 hour plus Disney day..I'm usually more of a lightweight with some kind of break in the middle, but on this trip with not even two full park days, I really wanted to make the most of my MK day...and I think we did it justice! But man...after the Tangled photo...we started trying to make our way towards the exit...ugh...the HEA was just starting and everyone was just standing still not moving. In some areas there were CM's trying to keep people moving but on the bridge over by Adventureland that heads over to Main St...it was just deadlocked. Donna and I were joking that someone is not doing their job or must have called in sick today because normally I don't think they would let people just block the whole bridge and any way out of there. It took a loooong time, but we finally squeezed our way over to the edge of Casey's Corner into the shops where we could walk swiftly through to the end of Main St and out of the park. As I was waiting for the bus I got to see some fireworks which was just a perfect way to end the day.

Now it's just about bedtime!! Tomorrow I am heading to the race expo in the morning and then Epcot in the afternoon!

What, the idea of me pulling out my back going down the stairs lol, yeah kind of funny. Luckily it didn't happen.

No. That part is definitely not funny... says the guy who strained a back muscle today while shoveling (again).

But I kinda laughed at the "weakling" comment.

I like to document while it's still fresh in my mind, I'm getting senile and won't remember much later lol

Don't remember what?

Yeah I think a lot of people headed straight for the nearest Dunkin donuts immediately after deplaning.

donuts > aged pilot

Yeah I think mine was a combo of both not enough sleep and hunger, but luckily the sub and Tylenol took care of both.

:) Good.

Funny you should ask. You may recall that initially they didn't offer this service to us Canucks, but now they do. However, since that one time I did it and didn't get my bag until many many hours later I decided I would rather just drag the thing myself through the airport and have everything with me as soon as I got to my room. I knew I'd want to change and leave soon for DS and am too much of a control freak to let even Disney handle that ...but maybe next time if I am not anxious to get going I will give it a shot.

I get that. I do both, depending on time and how I feel about it.

Yes, you are probably right...the return trip with the suitcase is not gonna be fun. Although, since actually after this trip I'm not taking the ME, I'm actually headed down to to FLL for the second part of this trip....I am thinking I might be able to get an Uber to pick me up somewhere other than the main desk? Not sure about that yet, but I will find out!

What is FLL?

I'm in Jamaica, building 46 in case anyone wants to know. I'd recommend it for proximity to the bus stops. But if you want proximity to the lobby and pool and food options, not so much.

<files away for future reference>

Since I ate breakfast (which consisted of a caramel oatmeal cornflake cookie purchased last night...what it has cereal in it so, good breakfast right?

::yes:: :laughing:

@DonnaBeeGood to see where she was. We found each other pretty quickly as she is easily identified by her sparkly hat, and I in my muppet dress,

You must make quite the pair. :)

yes @pkondz still working on figuring out why I can't get any pics to upload lol

Files too large?

So we walked around a bit chatting like old friends

:goodvibes That's great!

SO...ok girl, you are my dream Disney companion!!

Shoot. I was hoping to snag that coveted spot.
I suppose you have all kinds of restrictions, like... having to meet.

Side note: my ex-husband (yes, divorce is official now so I now get to call him that)

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I should say
"Congratulations"
or
"I'm sorry to hear that."

Please pick the one you feel applies to you and discard the other.

would never let me stick anything on the car when it was "our" car.

Hmm... I'm the same way. And yet... I do have a personalized license plate on my bike. Hmm...

So now that my car is my own, I have pretty much covered it with all forms of stickers and magnets that might be considered quite tacky in polite company, but I love them.

And that's what really matters, right? How you feel about it.
Must admit, that I don't want any stickers on "my" car, but if DW wants to put them on "her" car... then go right ahead.

Plus it makes it easier to find my car in a crowd.

:laughing: Good point! You just look for the crowd of people reading all the stickers, right?

I have run out of room on the back of my car so the decals are bleeding into the sides, which even my DD finds embarrassing, but tough luck for her.

:laughing:

We then went to Jock Lindseys for a drink. I got this yummy green concoction that I now can't even recall the name of but @Monykalyn I think said was her fave?

Let me know if you figure it out. :)

decided on D-Luxe burger for dinner

This is on my "must do" list. :)

We were pretty full after dinner but decided to go to Sprinkles

Always room for dessert. :)

I also got the cookie - caramel oatmeal cornflake, that would be this morning's breakfast.

:rolleyes:

Actually it's because I'm going on a cruise and may have to wear a dress and lipstick if I want my lobster right @pkondz ?

Correct. ::yes::

Froze my **** off on the Disney bus...have learned good lesson, back of the bus is warmest place if you are like me and think that Florida AC can be a bit excessive!!

Good info. Never knew that.

set out for the busses at around 7:30am. Bus came around 7:45 and was at MK by 8:00 am.

Not bad!

I've never had PP before (and only really have it on loan from a friend this time) so it was a new experience for me and a lot of fun.

I never get it either. I usually only want a couple shots, so it's cheaper for me to just do it a la carte.
But if I get an AP, then my thinking will change.

The photographer kept saying turn right, turn left, cross your arms, look up etc, and I felt like I was in these really weird poses, but when I saw the pics later they actually looked much better than I imagined in my head when he was taking them.

Kathy = supermodel

I met a nice family on the bus who wanted to try to RD Peter Pan and that's where I was planning to head first, so I told them to follow me.

Nice of you. :)

And... wonder what they were thinking while you were preening for the PP in front of the castle.
"She did say she'd take us there, right?"

they set about trying to get FP's for their day lol. Wow. I was cringing but I hope they had a good time!

Oh, dear. Well.... long way to come without any planning whatsoever.

we got on PP with no wait which was great,

nice.

we decided to hop on HM for a ride.

yuss!

Actually it was busier today than I think I've ever seen it on a time that wasn't Christmas...there were even 40 minute lines for IASW and 20 minute lines for Peoplemover!

:eek:

they wanted to see Mickey and Minnie in their birthday outfits.

Here ya go:

had a FP for Pirates which I had not been on in years and really enjoyed.

What was your thoughts on the new red head scene?

Then I had my PP FP since it's my fave ride and I wanted to get it twice.

Love that ride! Not my fave (I reserve that for HM), but it's a very close 2nd (or 3rd... love BTMRR, too... but PP wins for nostalgia, BTMRR for thrills)

We decided on Columbia HH for lunch,

Also on my list. Hoping to do that in May.

I think we did IASW and WTP.

Had to think a long time before I figured out what WTP was. :)

Country Bears which I hadn't done in a long time.

Did you enjoy it? Was it like you remembered it?

We decided on Friar's Nook for dinner where we both got some version of tater tots, mine had mac and cheese in it too, it was pretty good actually!!

This place isn't even on my radar. Huh.

went for the Dole Whip float

Now we're talking!!! :love:

we decided to try the Tangled photopass spot ...that was quite a long line but I think worth it for the cool pics.

I sure hope you can load your photos. Would love to see those.

I really wanted to make the most of my MK day...and I think we did it justice!

It sure sounds like you did!

on the bridge over by Adventureland that heads over to Main St...it was just deadlocked. Donna and I were joking that someone is not doing their job or must have called in sick today because normally I don't think they would let people just block the whole bridge and any way out of there

ugh

As I was waiting for the bus I got to see some fireworks which was just a perfect way to end the day.

:goodvibes

What is FLL?

Sorry, airport code for Fort Lauderdale lol Heading down there to catch a cruise ship tomorrow.

You must make quite the pair. :)

I think we do indeed!!

Files too large?

Yeah maybe? I will have to try resizing.

I suppose you have all kinds of restrictions, like... having to meet.

Well that helps, although this was the first time Donna and I had actually met in person and I'd say it went well!

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I should say
"Congratulations"
or
"I'm sorry to hear that."

Yeah it's a bit of both. Glad the whole mess is over because it took over two years, so that part I guess is worth celebrating!

This is on my "must do" list. :)

Yeah D-Luxe burger is worth it!!

Sorry, airport code for Fort Lauderdale lol Heading down there to catch a cruise ship tomorrow.

Oh!!!
Thought you were using DIS acronyms. Wasn’t expecting ICAO airport codes! Lol.

I think we do indeed!!

:goodvibes

Yeah maybe? I will have to try resizing.

It should say if that’s the problem.

Well that helps, although this was the first time Donna and I had actually met in person and I'd say it went well!

:) good!

Yeah it's a bit of both. Glad the whole mess is over because it took over two years, so that part I guess is worth celebrating!

Whoa. Long time to go through that. I’m sure you’re relieved.

Yeah D-Luxe burger is worth it!!

Good to know!

Sounds like such a great trip so far! How fun that you got to meet up with a couple Dis friends :goodvibes Following along on facebook - hope the race goes well!!! :thumbsup2

Kathy = supermodel

Um hardly, but thanks anyway lol!!

And... wonder what they were thinking while you were preening for the PP in front of the castle.
"She did say she'd take us there, right?"

Yeah I think they were pretty overwhelmed. I have to control myself when newbies ask me questions about Disney, it's like, "how long do you have?" But I filled them in on a few things while we waited for the rope to drop.

Oh, dear. Well.... long way to come without any planning whatsoever.

Right?? Like if I went to Australia...I would do a crap ton of planning and hopefully knew where it's at....(any aussies here can look for the idiot tourist and I'll have my foot in my mouth I'm sure...) but I would certainly try!

What was your thoughts on the new red head scene?

You know what? I hadn't been on in so long I really can't judge, I was just watching Donna for her to let me know when the drop was happening because I didn't know how big it was. Now I know and will definitely ride again!

Did you enjoy it? Was it like you remembered it?

Yes, enjoyed it a lot, and also thankfully the drop was not as big as I remembered! The rest of the atmosphere was great and I'm sorry I missed it on so many trips, and because I'm such a chicken my kids haven't experienced it yet either...will have to remedy that.

This place isn't even on my radar. Huh.

Yeah Friar's Nook wasn't on mine either, it was @DonnaBeeGood 's idea, so thanks for that!!

Thought you were using DIS acronyms. Wasn’t expecting ICAO airport codes! Lol.

Ha! Yeah I like to mix up my acronyms LMFAO

Oh my, look at that @KathyM2 having the time and energy to put together a stealth live trip report!

Not really stealth, I told you about it @DonnaBeeGood

I'm not sure if Kathy had envisioned me attaching myself to her for all of her "solo" time,

I actually hoped we would get along well and we did so I'm happy it worked out for both of us! I was worried before we met after like the first hour you'd be all, I have an FP for Space knowing there's no way in heck I'm doing that with you...just to get away from my weirdness and oversharing my family drama :))

Well really, since your solo time became new friend time, it really was only fair to have you be in charge and do whatever you wanted to to. Even if it was leading me down new paths of more Disney obsessions...

Aww thanks, it was a lot of fun!! Like you, the rest of my family is less enthusiastic about Disney than I am (although they are more excited about it than yours I think lol) so it was really fun to be with someone who really gets it!

I'm thinking that it was Reggie's Revenge.

Yes you're right, it was something like that!

And another bad habit that Kathy has steered me to.

I'm good for teaching people bad habits! It's a rare gift.

Don't forget about our Dumbo that had a mind of his own!

He sure did!! Some crude comments came to mind about how he could or could not....you know, but I won't say it here in polite company.

I suspect it has something to do with Kathy and I not thinking Disney is lame for starters. Maybe I can work on her once I get home!

YAAASSSS!

Kathy, it was such a pleasure to get to spend time with you, and I was so glad to also get the chance to meet up with @ariane37 and her husband Steve and wish her a happy birthday in person! I only cried a little bit when we parted, but I blame sleep deprivation. But really I didn't want our time to end! Luckily I can console myself with a few more Disney days, and Kathy will have a fantastic Princess 5K and a wonderful cruise.

@DonnaBeeGood it was a pleasure to spend time with you too! I hope our paths cross again in person whether at Disney or if you ever come to the big smoke, or if I am out West again! @ariane37 was so nice to see you too if only for five seconds for a hug and happy birthday!!

I'll let Kathy have the honour of posting more pics when she is able to!

Post away, I'm technically challenged when it comes to photos, in fact, I may have to send you more of mine so people can see them here - I texted you a pic of me with Princess Minnie at the end of the 5k, please post if you can!!

Sounds like such a great trip so far! How fun that you got to meet up with a couple Dis friends :goodvibes Following along on facebook - hope the race goes well!!! :thumbsup2

It was super fun!!! Short and sweet!! Definitely want to do more Disney races, I can see why there are people who have done 20, 25, 50 of them!!

Feb 21 update!!

This day was the RunDisney race expo day. As with all things Disney, the event was said to open at 10am, but those in the know, know that when Disney says 10am, you need to be prepared to get there before that if you don't want to wait in ridiculous lines. I got up at about 7:30am and took my time getting ready, then headed to the Centertown Market to see what was on offer for breakfast. I decided on the kids chocolate chip pancakes with a side of fruit along with an OJ which hit the spot and was just the perfect amount. I knew I would be over indulging later at the food booths at the EIFOTA later that day, so didn't want to go crazy on breakfast.

Because the busses didn't start running until 9:30, I grabbed an UBER to get me over to the ESPN WW of Sports asap. I got there and waited in a short line for the bib pickup area (which was like a huge stadium) Once I got my bib, there were signs directing us over to the next building where they had all the vendors, but I was confused because they were selling everything running related (and some not) but where was all the RunDisney merch?? That's what it's all about right?? Huh? Am I blind? Why wasn't I seeing it?? Finally I had to shyly ask a CM and they said, "oh there's whole STADIUM for that down the road" Awwww that's where it is! So out I went and into.... a lineup to get into that area of course!! They were only letting certain numbers of people in at a time I guess to control the madness. Once I got in there it was kind of frenzied, I didn't really know what I wanted or where to find things. I did manage to pick up a car magnet to add to my collection, and a RunDisney shirt, and a Princess 1/2 marathon weekend insulated coffee cup, so I was happy with my haul....until I saw ...the line to pay for my purchases. Ugh. It was long. But luckily I chatted up some other people in line and it moved fairly quickly so I was able to donate some more money to the Disney cause and get out of there reasonably quickly.

I wandered around a bit more, there was a huge line for people taking pictures in front of Cinderella's carriage but it was getting hot out and I decided to opt out of that one. I headed out back to the CBR to drop off my loot. I put my feet up for about a half hour. I grabbed some lunch at Centertown again - this time got the kids Jerk Chicken Bowl, which also hit the spot and was just the right size. I puttered around my room a bit more and then decided to head out to Epcot. Unfortunately when I got to the bus stop it seemed I had just missed one so I sat down and waited a while. But the great thing about Disney is that whenever you have to wait...there are always loads of friendly, happy, vacationing people to talk to!! So I find that chatting up strangers really helps pass the time!! I met a lovely family from Georgia and one of them was doing some of the Princess races this weekend too, so I got some really good tips from them.

I texted @DonnaBeeGood as I was on my way and so she said she would make her way closer to the entrance so we could meet up. We had coordinated our FP's for this day so we could do some rides together. We met up near SE but we had some time before our first FP so we decided to head to The Land which is always a "must do" for me. After a nice ride, we checked the wait time for Soarin' and it said 30 mins...so we were about it get in it, but then a CM said "it's actually more like 45-60 mins" so we decided not to and to try back later. Damn you tiered ride system at EP!!

We headed back towards SE and used our FP for that next. @DonnaBeeGood 's hat was too dark so they substituted a cartoon tall afro'd black guy for her...I'm not sure what that says about....anything...but it was kind of funny to have me and this avatar in all the pics.

Next up it was time to check out some food at the EIFOTA booths. Because we usually start by going right towards Canada (because we're Canadian of course) we decided to switch it up and start by heading left. First Donna was inspired to try a fish dish that sounded really good. I tasted it and it was!! Next up she got the scallop and I tasted that too lol. We walked around some more and checked out what was on offer, not really stopping for anything else....until we got to France where we both got the brie in a bread bowl. This was DELISH and I could have eaten another one! After that I got the charcuterie platter and @DonnaBeeGood helped me out with the olives since I'm not a fan. The rest was good except one of the sausage bites was a little spicy. So of course after that I wanted something sweet, went for the chocolate peanut butter mousse with raspberry sauce. YUM. Then I was pretty much done with food....but still searching for my drink ...decided on the dragon fruit margerita...also YUM.

After that we wandered a bit more and had some fun with picture taking and such and browsing in stores. Got an adorable Minnie collar for my dog, and some other souveniers, mostly dog related also. We then went and decided to check the SB wait time for Soarin. It said 30 mins again and we were hoping this time it was for realz. We got in line and it actually did not even feel like 30 mins at all and we were on our flight! That was fun as always and if the lines had been shorter it would have been fun to do again, but I was grateful we got to ride at all without an FP. Then it was time for our Frozen FP...yes, I used my Tier 1 FP for Frozen everyone :)) Because I'm too much of a wuss for TT. But now that I've gotten over my Pirates fear, perhaps next time I can brave that...time will tell.

We sauntered over to Frozen as it was getting dark and got to our FP. Love this ride. After our ride, I was debating what to do because it was around 7:30pm and I knew I would have to get up at 3:30 am this morning for the 5K so I really wanted to try to get to bed early. BUT we were at DISNEY and it was my last park day so I really did not want to leave!! We decided to go on the adorable Mexico boat ride because of course it was pretty much a walk on. After that we took our time walking towards the gates but then realized a tragic thing - we didn't go on FIGMENT! So we walked back in that direction hoping to give it a shot...but when we got close there were CM's telling people that Figment had gone to sleep!! What??? Does Figment always close earlier? Or was it just our unlucky day? I was sad about that, but what can you do. We decided to call it a night and walked out. @DonnaBeeGood and I hugged and said our goodnights and goodbyes and made our way to our respective busses.

@DonnaBeeGood it was so much fun hanging out with you!! I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it as much as I did!!

Now I'm back in my room after the Princess 5K - I will post more about that later!! I have to pack up my room, maybe have something to eat...shower...and check out this morning...and then make my way over to the Orlando Greyhound bus terminal where I am catching the bus down to FLL (that's Fort Lauderdale @pkondz lol) But since I've been up since 3:30am...it already feels like mid afternoon and it's only 9:15am lol Later folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter