Finally taking the Plunge...

ACDSNY

Let the countdown begin!
After a couple of years of wanting to become DVC members we finally put in an offer on a resale contract. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

I'm sending Pixie Dust your way to help you pass ROFR :wizard:

Give us the details-where, how many points, how much per point--and you can get added to the list.

Congrats and Welcome Home! :cheer2:

Congratulations!

Now we must concentrate on passing ROFR.
I will cross my fingers, press my thumbs together and say my special prayer to the :worship:"Disney Gods". I don't know if it helps or not but alot of the board members swear by it!

Good luck to you,
Tom
:wizard:

ACDSNY said:
After a couple of years of wanting to become DVC members we finally put in an offer on a resale contract. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Crossing fingers for ya, but give us details, details and more details! Best wishes! :)

Good luck with ROFR, and we hope to be welcoming you home soon!

As a newbie...I guess I should of put we submitted an offer to the buyer. They countered too high so it looks like we're going to wait a little longer. Maybe we're crazy, but for us a resale contract needs to be more than $3 point cheaper than buying Direct from Disney on a small contract. :confused3

ACDSNY said:
As a newbie...I guess I should of put we submitted an offer to the buyer. They countered too high so it looks like we're going to wait a little longer. Maybe we're crazy, but for us a resale contract needs to be more than $3 point cheaper than buying Direct from Disney on a small contract. :confused3

Just some advice on smaller contracts. #1 you are definately going to be paying a premium price for those. DVC requires a minimum purchase of 150, so contracts with less than that on the resale market go for more $ because you have a smaller upfront investment but full membership priviledges. #2 If you are trying for a resale contract at BCV or BWV, you are likely going to be paying mid to upper 80's, maybe even in the lower 90's for BCV (especially if they have current and/or banked points available).

Lastly, when you are speaking about smaller contracts, just remember that a couple of dollars extra per point isn't a great deal of money. If you are talking about a 50 point contract, $3 more than you were wanting to pay is only $150. If it's a contract you want, you might consider going for it because it could be awhile before another one comes up that you like.

I found out about a great contract today that was getting ready to go up on the market. I'm tapped out right now, but I was thinking... "man I wish I this contract would have come up when I was looking". So, patience can pay off.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advise Vascubaguy, it's very much appreciated. I agree it's only a minor amount of a price difference when it's for a SSR 100 point contract. We just felt if the price of the contract and closing costs together are close to the same per point price as buying in new, we might as well go through Disney direct and have additional points to use. We're staying at SSR next month and after that I'll have a better idea if it's where we want to buy into. I've stayed there when it was the Disney Institute and liked being close to DTD since we usually go in the off season and the parks close early.

We've also stayed at OKW, I like the resort, but the location wasn't as good as SSR.

ACDSNY said:
Thanks for the advise Vascubaguy, it's very much appreciated. I agree it's only a minor amount of a price difference when it's for a SSR 100 point contract. We just felt if the price of the contract and closing costs together are close to the same per point price as buying in new, we might as well go through Disney direct and have additional points to use. We're staying at SSR next month and after that I'll have a better idea if it's where we want to buy into. I've stayed there when it was the Disney Institute and liked being close to DTD since we usually go in the off season and the parks close early.

We've also stayed at OKW, I like the resort, but the location wasn't as good as SSR.

If you can afford to increase your original plan from 100 pts to 150, I would definately recommend going direct thru DVC. Not only will the per point price be about the same as what you'd get on the resale market, BUT it would go much faster AND you would be able to get the current year points. So if you bought now, you could get the 2005 UY points (maybe even be able to bank those to use in 2006). Those current year points can make the DVC direct purchase a much better deal than resale. Not to mention that you could maybe trade in any tickets you currently have and get APs with the DVC discount to use for trips next year too... just some thoughts.

Good luck and have a great time on your trip!!!

Does Disney increase the points needed at the resorts each year or do they stay pretty consistant? Currently it takes 182 points for a 1-bdrm at SSR during the Adventure season. Does this change each year?

ACDSNY said:
Does Disney increase the points needed at the resorts each year or do they stay pretty consistant? Currently it takes 182 points for a 1-bdrm at SSR during the Adventure season. Does this change each year?

The overall number of points each year stays the same. If they add a point somewhere, they have to remove a point somewhere so that it all adds up to the same overall total for the year.

Received a call this morning that our offer was accepted by the seller...now on to ROFR. SSR 100 points, $80 plus closing costs. :cool1:

Since we're in CA this lets us get in with a small amount invested and we can go to Disneyland every year or WDW every other year.

ACDSNY said:
Received a call this morning that our offer was accepted by the seller...now on to ROFR. SSR 100 points, $80 plus closing costs. :cool1:

Since we're in CA this lets us get in with a small amount invested and we can go to Disneyland every year or WDW every other year.

Congratz on getting passed that hurdle.
Here's some :wizard: to help with a speedy and successful ROFR experience. :goodvibes

You may want to post your contract info over on the ROFR thread and get added to the wait list.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=9995441#post9995441

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter