Finding the good within the bad

Ellen aka Snow White

<font color=blue>I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!<br>
This board seems great at finding something positive in EVERYTHING so I felt you would appreciate this - plus I just really wanted to share:p

As some of you know I lost a good friend to cancer on Sunday. He was diaginosed about 5 years ago, received treatments, then found an herb available on the internet that "kept the cancer at bay". Well someone decided that this herb was not legal to sell and took it off the market. Once his supply ran out, the cancer came back hard and heavy. He received many more treatments until he just basically couldn't handle anymore. During this time he was writing letters and fighting for the causes of cancer victims. Well after a long battle, he lost the fight Sunday night. I know he is in a better place and is no longer suffering - as the final days were very painful.

Well I spoke to his wife this morning. She called to say that she received a call from Washington DC - they had heard of his death and want to fly a flag on top of the Capital building in HIS HONOR! She was flabergasted! Although they had never met him they knew of the causes he was fighting for from our governor! I did not know they did things like this! She said they will mail her the flag and the memorial to her, once they take it down.
This gives her one more reason to be very proud of her husband. He was a great man and will be greatly missed. Thanks for taking time to read this.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Thank you for sharing such a neat story.

A nice tribute! I have seen them raising and lowering the tribute flags over the capital.

That is quite an honor for your friend. I'm sorry for your loss, it sounds like he was a great man.

Quite an honor indeed! I too am very sorry about your friend's passing. Hope his family will find comfort within their hearts soon.

Along with the flag your friend will receive a certificate that states that the flag was flown over the capital and who it was flown in honor of. I hope your friend finds comfort in knowing that her husband touched so many lives.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sounds like a wonderful man and what a great way to be honored.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. What a wonderful way to be remembered for the cause he was fighting. :D

Ellen, I saw early this morning about your friend on the Riddle Thread (didn't have a chance to post) so I wanted you to know how sorry I am to hear about the loss of your friend. I am glad to know that he is in a better place and what an honor is to be bestowed in his honor. {{{hugs}}}

You are right, something good can come from something bad. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dear friend. I have never heard of this flag tribute before, your friend was in the hearts of many people obviously.

What a wonderful tribute. I'm sorry for his dw's loss and your loss as his friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter