fire wood?

pxydst

Mouseketeer
Does the front desk still sell firewood and how much? I searched for it on here but the answer was a few years old. Thank you

We just stayed at the campground, and there are no fire pits at the campsites. We went to the fire at the main area, to roast marshmallows. Others were roasting hotdogs. It was really fun, and the sing along was G-rated and funny. I'm not sure if you can bring a fire pit with you, but maybe others know, but I don't think they would sell fire wood.

I think when we were there in March there was a ban on open fires, so no firewood or open pits allowed.

They do have approved fire pits that you can bring as long as there is no fire ban. So not sure if there is a fire ban if they would sell fire wood..... so I guess I should wait until fall winter and ask this question??

pxydst,

It's been a while since the firewood delivery question has come up and the answers are a little inconsistent.

Initially the firewood sales were for campers in the group campsite (Creekside Meadow) which does have four large firepits/bowls which they will supply for a price. As campers in the individual campsites brought their approved fire pits during non-fire ban periods, Disney did sell and deliver to your campsite (price/amount unknown). And sometimes they haven't. It's been uneven.

My best guess would be to get ask some of these folks going in September to ask at the Front Desk and see what the latest position is on it.

Bama Ed

OK it is Sept and I woke up to 40 degrees this morning here in MI... anyone at FW now that can check to see if they have firewood please and thank you

I am sure there will be a lot of fire wood after Irma! I hope they put those trees to good use!

I am sure there will be a lot of fire wood after Irma! I hope they put those trees to good use!

Many of us want to use the Irma Wood to build a fire under Ogre (I mean, Iger) to be more guest-centric, as well as treating employees better.

OK it is Sept and I woke up to 40 degrees this morning here in MI... anyone at FW now that can check to see if they have firewood please and thank you

Sure not 40* down south yet!! Sitting by a fire would not be my idea of relaxing right now!! :D

Walmart has bundle firewood for sale as well as some convenience stores. Just make sure you use an approved fire pit like the ones you see posted in the previous posts. I purchased one from Amazon before our last October trip and we enjoyed a fire several nights. Will be taking it on this upcoming trip as well. Can't wait. I doubt you will see much if any loose wood or limbs there. We carry pecan wood in a 30 gallon tote with a lid for the fires at night. Trust me you wont want a really hot fire in October. But its nice to have a small one.

Arriving Saturday the 7th of October for a week.....
18 days and counting......

October loop 400.JPG

Thank you for letting me know about walmart. i will have to look where the closest one is to FW. We will be there in the beginning of March so it may be cool at night. You carry Pecan wood to FW??? am I wrong in thinking you cant carry firewood over state lines?? if so, we have a lot of wood here in Michigan...

I live in the state of Florida. We live on a pecan grove so we have lots and lots of wood. It really burns clean and smells good as well.
Look at the link and it will give you the rules and regulations for bringing wood across state lines.
Firewood-Regulations

18 Days and counting till the Fort

That is what I thought about transporting firewood... I (silly me) assumed (you know what that makes me..) that you were from Alabama with the roll tide thingy... sorry! I did find the nearest walmart and will check on it for firewood! We are renting a RV and it comes with an approved fire pit. 18 days... We have 171 days!!!

LOL Roll Tide Thingy!!! Love it.. There is a Walmart near the Disney Springs exit thats not to far from the campground. The address is
3250 Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746. According to Google Earth its 7.8 miles from the campground. Its just a hop skip and a jump.......

18 days till the Fort......

I (silly me) assumed (you know what that makes me..) that you were from Alabama with the roll tide thingy... sorry!

Well not everybody is lucky enough to live in Alabama. But Kid pulls for Bama:

tank_zpsaa492435.gif
tank_zpsaa492435.gif

Bama runs a tv network named BSPN:

2cnxfe8_zps5083d147.gif

In the end the elephant gets what the elephant wants:

elephant_zpsa7251527.gif

Oh I have a Roll Tide thingy too:

iconrolltide-1_zpsd15e3d8e.png

I thought I would bring you in slow like this, pxydst ...

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Thats what Im talking about. Bama Ed I grew up in a little town called Florala AL, Flo for Florida , ala for Alabama.. I live about 2 miles from the Bama Florida line. Trust me I still bleed red... ROLL TIDE................................

Ok enough with giving me $#!t........:p not from down south so not sure what roll tide means... will need an education sometime! All I know is GO BLUE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!