Fireworks advice

admepo

Mouseketeer
Where do you think is the furthest away point to view the fireworks where they may not be so loud for ds??? Is that even possible???? :)

Melanie

I have read that folks watch the MK fireworks from the beach at the Poly if I'm not mistaken. If so you could make some dinner reservations there and then stay to watch the fireworks afterward. Seems like there was a spot at the GF too where people watched fireworks (a pier?). I've not been to either resort but hopefully someone else could chime in.

Apparently you can watch the Epcot fireworks from a bridge at Caribbean Beach Resort. Haven't done this yet but are planning to in December.. :cool: Didn't see the Epcot fireworks last time cos DS had major meltdown. Maybe from such a distance he won't mind the noise;)

For MK fireworks, what you would like, if at all possible, to be as close to the extended line that runs from Cinderella Castle through the center of the Train Station. To an extent this will be on the Poly beach.

At GF there is a pier near Narcoossee's where you can go; however it is nowhere near the center line and the view is not as good as from the Poly Beach.

Also, if you can get into 'Ohana you can get a good view and you get the music and narration piped in but do not get the noise from the fireworks.

Originally posted by Cheshire Figment

Also, if you can get into 'Ohana you can get a good view and you get the music and narration piped in but do not get the noise from the fireworks.

And this is....fabulous really doesn't begin to describe it:)

When you call to make a PS, ask that a request to be seated near the windows to see Wishes is noted on your reservation...we asked, Tink waved her magic wand...

and we had a magical moment...:)

Truly lovely
:sunny:

edited to add that you will be able to see out the windows from anywhere in the main dining area...but it was just extra nice to relax with drinks and desert right next to the windows...
HTH!!

Apparently you can watch the Epcot fireworks from a bridge at Caribbean Beach Resort. Haven't done this yet but are planning to in December..
You can see the higher Epcot fireworks from the beaches around Old Port Royale Town Center. Here's a link to a map to help show where.
Either right in front of the building or there are sandy beaches to each side where you can see them (we felt the beach toward Martinique had the better view). The bridge is probably the one by Parrot Cay Island. At CBR, you are nearest to the WS side of Epcot. The back of the American Pavilion is approximately in line with the Old Port Royale Building, between buildings 53 and 54.
You may not see a lot since most of the action during Illuminations is closer to the ground, but it is still pretty cool to see them. Before we became DVC members, we stayed at CBR a lot. One of our last night traditions was to watch Illuminations from the beach.

admepo,

I have a extreme fear of sudden loud noises, like fireworks. I've found the best way for me to get through the displays was to put in a nice pair of ear plugs and wear earphones. This blocks out most of the intense bangs and pops. Another suggestion would be to try those electronic earphones. They say that those can block noises above 85 decibels. I think fireworks are above 85 decibels.

As for places furthest away from MK fireworks, I found that just standing at the end of Main Street U.S.A. (near the train station and the flag pole) was far enough for me to lessen the impact of the concussions and bangs and everything. Your son may disagree.

Nellas Elensar

Ft Wilderness on the dock there are chairs where you can sit and watch the MK fireworks as well as the ELP. Music is not piped in.

:crazy:
Magic kingdom fireworks
At the contemporary the California grill atop of the hotel is great !!

:hyper:

Try to make PS at the california grill later in the evening and request a view of the fireworks .. While you eat .

Also the atrium of the contemporary is a good spot you get to hear the music and the works go off in tone with the music.

Take the monorail over from the MK.

Totally awesome!!!princess: ::MickeyMo ::yes::

We watched the fireworks in epcot from the "beach" at the Dolphin/Swan. We had a nice quier dinner and then sat on the beach...it was quiet and no one else was there. The kids loved it. After we walked to the boardwalk and got ice cream and pastry..also very quiet and not crowded. We were staying at the dolphin but we have also done this when we were NOT staying at the hotel and we have never had any trouble parking and then eating and walking to board walk or taking the boat to MGM or walking to beaches and Cream or Epcot. Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter