Fireworks: Friday or Saturday?

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
Fireworks will be shown only two nights of our September stay, Friday and Saturday. Do you think the day of the week makes any difference as far as how crowded it will be during the fireworks? Or is it going to be sardine-packed regardless?

As of now (and of course things could change), park hours for Friday are 9am - 10pm, and 9am - midnight on Saturday.

We really don't like being in big crowds, especially with two small children. I was initially thinking we'd just skip the fireworks, but I'd really like to see them (and Tinkerbell's flight!) Am I nuts to even think about it? I think DH would rather not deal with it at all.

[Disclaimer: I feel I should mention that I have never been to DL (or WDW for that matter), so really have no idea what to expect. I know September is traditionally a less crowded time, but of course the end of the 50th celebration could change all that this year...]

No brainer here: go Friday. Why? Because the fireworks get canceled if there are winds. If you are there for two nights (like I was this weekend) and you decide to skip Friday's fireworks and plan to watch them the next night from your perfect spot, be it your hotel room, a blanket on Main Street or any other great place, you will be sorely disappointed if the wind blows on Saturday and, like tonight, they cancel the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter