• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks from Contemporary

GOOFY D

DIS Veteran
If I recall, we viewed the MK fireworks from an 11th floor observation deck near California Grill a few years ago. We may have been staying at the Contemporary then (not sure). Is this still allowed and can anyone do it? (or do you have to be staying at the Contemporary?)

It is on the top of the Contemporary and I think it is only for guests of the California Grill now.

I heard there is an area on the 4th floor to view them; however I've never tried it & don't know if the view is worth it.

The 15th floor observation deck in now reserved for those paying the price for the view. However, the 4th floor observation deck is splendid.

Originally posted by pintrader
The 15th floor observation deck in now reserved for those paying the price for the view. However, the 4th floor observation deck is splendid.

I guess all the "free" pleasures are fading quickly.

ah man...when did this change...we were there in july and had dinner at chef mickeys and then went up to the observation deck for the fireworks...this has become something of a first night tradition...would we be premitted on the observation deck if we were eating at chef mickeys????

There is a nice deck on the 4th floor. It is at the end opposite Chef Mickey's. Head toward the shops and just walk through the doors.
be premitted on the observation deck if we were eating at chef mickeys????
No, CG guests only.

Originally posted by Dznefreek
There is a nice deck on the 4th floor. It is at the end opposite Chef Mickey's. Head toward the shops and just walk through the doors. No, CG guests only.

Seems like such a wste. Whenever we used to go, there were very few people out there anyway. I wonder why they decided to restrict it to those at the restaurant (when many can already see from their tables).

We watched from the 4th floor obsv. deck after eating at Chef Mickeys. We thought it was a wonderful view. Anyone could go out there. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter