Fireworks on New Year's Eve and Dessert Parties

melanielll

DIS Veteran
There are two times for dessert parties on New Year's Eve, and there are two fireworks show times on the park schedule. I have read different things in different places as to which fireworks show will be shown at each time.

Does anyone know if HEA is the earlier show and Fantasy in the Sky (or whatever the name is) is the later one? Or if they are the same show running twice?

Also - would it be nuts to do both (if they are different)? I would be paying not for a second round of snacks (even I have a limit as to how many sweets I can eat), but for a place to rest between and a place to watch the second show.

I was wondering something similar, but about the day before New Year's Eve. We wanted to do the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom on Dec. 30 and Epcot on Dec. 31. If the same show is going to be shown at both times on the 30, we'd rather do the earlier one so that we can get some sleep and get to the parks really early the next day. Hopefully someone will have some intel on this. Thanks!

From what I've read in various blogs, the earlier show is the holiday fireworks show and the later show is the New Year's fireworks show. Magic Kingdom has the same fireworks schedule on the 30th and 31st.

I don't think I could eat two rounds of desserts but go for it if you think you can.

Can anyone confirm if the Dec. 31 parties were released? I had checked a few weeks ago and they weren't open, told (via a FB group) that they aren't usually released until Nov., but I have seen the times up for a couple of days now. Not sure if they were released when I was on vacation/away from internet.

Can anyone confirm if the Dec. 31 parties were released? I had checked a few weeks ago and they weren't open, told (via a FB group) that they aren't usually released until Nov., but I have seen the times up for a couple of days now. Not sure if they were released when I was on vacation/away from internet.

The new year's eve dessert party dates were released in August. If availability is not showing then it might be sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!