Fireworks?

Just a hypothetical, but if Disney can still attract people to return to the parks in significant numbers then why would they bring back fireworks?

I keep thinking of how the advantages of staying onsite have eroded away. I know I'm sounding pessimistic, but as long as they were filling up the resorts they no longer needed to provide the extra perks, and they slowly faded away. I'm thinking the same might happen with other "extras" like the fireworks. The covid pandemic is a good opportunity for Disney to do some long term cost cutting.

I don’t understand this perspective at all. There is a ton of competition in Orlando and Disney knows it.

Just look at Epcot. Why would Disney invest in a temporary show with daily fireworks? And why would they be building something bigger? Did they remove Harmonious from EE?

The nighttime spectaculars keep people in the park and keep people coming. They sell resort rooms at a premium price with the view. They have dessert parties.

Just a hypothetical, but if Disney can still attract people to return to the parks in significant numbers then why would they bring back fireworks?

I keep thinking of how the advantages of staying onsite have eroded away. I know I'm sounding pessimistic, but as long as they were filling up the resorts they no longer needed to provide the extra perks, and they slowly faded away. I'm thinking the same might happen with other "extras" like the fireworks. The covid pandemic is a good opportunity for Disney to do some long term cost cutting.

Fireworks are part of the brand. If anything comes back it will be the fireworks shows. Will they be cut back a bit? Possibly? Maybe?

Fireworks are part of the brand. If anything comes back it will be the fireworks shows. Will they be cut back a bit? Possibly? Maybe?

I don’t think they’ll cut them back at all. There’s been so many opportunities to cut fireworks from the parks and they haven’t. They went to a reduced schedule in Disneyland, but that was mostly because of the air quality mixed with the wind out there.

Side Note: I’m surprised they aren’t closing off the esplanade at DLR at dusk and selling tickets to go in there and watch the fireworks from the esplanade. There’s plenty of room to distance guests, and most of the area in there has the same view. Could they fit 2,000 people in there and charge $40 a person? A lot of potential concerns and money/capacity issues, but its an idea. And I’m sure they’ve thought about it and didn’t find it financially beneficial, or safe.

Back on the topic. Fireworks and Disney go hand in hand. A lot of theme parks have fireworks, but not like Disney. Happily Ever After, Wishes, Illuminations. Those are spectacles. They don’t just shoot whatever fireworks are loaded in the barrels and go wild with it. They are calculated performances that greatly enhance the experience of the day.

Yes, Disney got rid of their nighttime parade at WDW, but there are always rumors that they’ll return, and even teased it at D23 2017. I’m sure that COVID put a pause on their plans to bring a night time parade back to MK (if they were indeed planning on one for the 50th), but there’s nothing to suggest that there will never be a night time parade at MK ever again. Taking it away, letting people miss it, and then bringing back a night time parade is better than continuing a stale parade. I love the electrical parade, but the floats need updates and added floats before they bring it back imo.

I think fireworks are Coming back larger than ever....but not for a long time like 3 years. They need to be on the other side of this pandemic. Disney has to recoup alot of the debt its taking on right now. They will push for more events and upsells down the road so expect larger than ever events, but a long time away after the world is vaccinated and then some.

I think fireworks are Coming back larger than ever....but not for a long time like 3 years. They need to be on the other side of this pandemic. Disney has to recoup alot of the debt its taking on right now. They will push for more events and upsells down the road so expect larger than ever events, but a long time away after the world is vaccinated and then some.

Idk about 3 years. But that’s obviously purely dependent on how things progress. Could it be 3 years, or even more until we see normality come back and distancing enough for fireworks to take place as they did prior to March? Absolutely. But we get to next summer, there’s still no vaccine, the virus is still around but maybe not as strong or contagious, but still dangerous enough that distancing still needs to take place, I think thats when Disney would start thinking about alternative plans for night time entertainment that can be financially responsible for them, while safe for the guests.

But I think you’re absolutely right about upsales and events to recoup losses. Dessert parties might become more expensive, but Disney adds in a few extra perks to still make it enticing to buy, but also cost effective for Disney where they’re not spending much to give those extra perks. After hours events with fireworks (I don’t believe there were fireworks for the after hours events) but now the event costs more money, but maybe its an additional hour, and more people are let in. I definitely think we’re going to see Disney come up with creative ideas to make more money, While not costing them a lot to produce.

CA cut back partly because of the noise too. It’s surrounded by homes. They won’t sell tickets for a fireworks show from the esplanade. CA is still under a fairly strict lockdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter