First Aid Kits

P

PixieBelle

I thought of an interesting thread when I did my last post,

I found a nice little first aid kit at Wal-Mart. It is about the size of a wallet and has band-aids, ointment, ibuprofen, gauze, and some other little handy things.

It is great to go in backpacks and fanny packs.

Thought that would be a good thing to take, and great for first timers...lord knows I wish I would of thought of that on my first couple of trips. Spent a fortune on Pepto, moleskin, bandaids, etc!

:)

Don,t forget that if you need something not in your 1st Aide Kit,The WDW First Aide Stations are great!!

I'm insulin dependent and on our MGM day we were staying thru Fantazmic and at Dinner I discovered I needed a Syringe. The First Aide Station had one and even ask if I needed insulin!! Then when we were leaving, I ask if I could leave my used Syringes in the Sharps container, as the airline had been ify about carrying the Syringe on in the first place[pre 9/11]. The Aide Station said yes,and all they needed was a signture.

I have a square tupperware container that I stock with the following items (smaller sizes of each item):

Bandaids (big and small)
Cortisone (anti itch) cream
antibiotic cream
antiseptic spray
antacids
immodium
pepto bismal pills
moleskin
small scissors
small sewing kit with pins and safety pins
Benadryl
Sudafed
Tylenol and Advil
mosquito repellent spray
aloe vera gel (for sunburns)
dramamine

I keep this stocked year round and ready to just throw into a suitcase when we are ready to go somewhere. This is a combo first aid/necessities supply and is useful when traveling anywhere! If I need to get into the supplies - I replenish as soon as possible.

My big first aid kit concern is NON-latex bandages!!! I'm allergic, deathly I might add, to latex. So whether it's for my purse or carry-on first aid kit or my minivan, I always make sure I'm well stocked on NON-latex bandages. Which I've only been able to purchase these at WalMart. They seem to be the ONLY store I have found them at.

The Red cross has a variety of nice first aid kits. This site lists first aid kits you can get from your local Red Cross Chapter. http://www.efapny.com They have great kits for travel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter