First chilly trip report 4th - 7th Jan 09 Day 1

Feenies

Earning My Ears
:banana: :banana: :banana: Hello guys we're back from an absolutely fabulous trip, better then we could have hoped for! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

A quick re-cap there was me Rufina 36, DH John 52, DD Jessica 5 and DS Daniel 4, it was our 2nd trip we were there in Oct 2006. We stayed at the NBC Admiral's Floor. I had made a rough plan of what we hoped to do but with all the talk of crowds and cold was fully aware it would probably change and it did but only for the better!

Day 1
We flew out from Dublin at 11.45am and surprise no delays so swiftly arrived in CDG at 2.20pm ish only to be delayed by the late arrival of our transfer with TT Prestige the guy was at the wrong terminal!! (we used them 2 years ago and no problems).
Arrived 4pm at NBC, check-in swift and pleasant, all the relevant info was passed on about the parks including the fact that Fantillusion would be on for the final time that night so we needed to catch it. Only mistake was that we should have brought our own bags up to the room as they seemed to take an eternity and we were dying to get out to the parks. We got thermaled up and headed out into the cold. We all had that breathtaking Christmassy moment when you enter DLP and see the castle, the lights, decorations....you know what I mean it really was fabulous. We tried not to delay too much as we were on a mission to POTC as it was closing for refurb at the end of the day. The kids were too young the last time and were really keen and they loved it, we managed 2 goes and then headed off to Fantasyland to do Teacups x 2 and IASW x 2 both huge favourites. My DD would sit in IASW all day if she could just loves it!
A bit hungry now so headed to Bella Notte for a nice warm pizza. Pizza is such a treat for the kids and they loved the fact that it was shaped like Mickey.
By now it was 8pm and I was starting to panic about getting a spot for Fantillusion but my DH was not keen on just standing around for half an hour so w I thought what the hell we'll head to BTM didn't do this in 2006 and wasn't sure if the kids would like it. IT WAS A WALK ON!!! Everyone must have been at the parade, we all loved it and managed 2 goes and still caught 90% of Fantillusion!!!! After the parade we rushed over and again walked onto Buzz my DS loves it. At this stage it was nearly 9pm and both myself and my DH agreed that we would happily go home the next morning we were on such a high!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I can feel your excitement! :cheer2: Lovely start...

Can I ask would you recommend the Admirals Floor? We are planning on the Newport Bay for our next trip and deciding whether to go A/F or not :confused3 thanks.

thats great im glad you had a good trip. i cant wait to hear more

You got loads done on your first day - looking forward to hearing more :) .

Great start

I bet you are glad that you managed to see Fantillusion that night :thumbsup2

what a great start how nice to read such a positive report :)

Great start, I look forward to reading more about it:thumbsup2

What a great start to your trip. You got loads done on your 1st afternoon/evening there!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter