First Cruise, RC and Port Canaveral Question?

GrumpyDad1974

DIS Veteran
So I have never cruised and trying my best to stumble through planning... it's not as easy as Disney World. So a group of us will be traveling down the day before (multiple vehicles) and we are trying to figure a cost effective way to stay & park.

Option 1 is a super sketchy motel with free parking and $10 per person shuttle for a total $130 for my family of 3.
Option 2 is park and stay near the port for a total of $190 for my family of 3 (I read some cars have been broken into while people were gone).
Option 3 is stay at a hotel near the port, then drive and park at RC parking garage for a total of $205.

I'm leaning toward option 3 but I need to sell it to my group. I think it's best for personal safety, vehicle safety and general convenience (not waiting for shuttles). Any one have any experiences or recommendations? Thanks

I have no experience with it in Canaveral, but you always want to stay at a secure lot. There are other lots besides the cruiseline's lot, though. They talk about those lots on the DCL board, FWIW. And cruisecritic's message boards probably talk about the safe choices as well.

Remember you could take uber or even a cab from your hotel instead of the $30 shuttle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter