First encounter with rude Universal employee

heidijanesmith

DIS Veteran
DH and I had our very 1st encounter with a rude US employee this past trip.

We normally find US employees to be like other theme parks; some enthusiastic and friendly and some just bored or apathetic.

This time we ran into our 1st rude employee while boarding FJ. DH needs a larger seat as he is claustrophobic and is just recovering from breaking a couple ribs. He asked the attendant for an outside seat and was given one. The attendant pushing down the restraints wanted him and I to switch seats. I can sit in a regular seat, I am just a little squished. I tried to explain quickly that DH needs the seat and I will be ok. She pulled both of us out and we went through a back hallway of sorts.

An employee followed us and then told the attendant at the front that we both needed outside seats. The employee told DH "Well, here is your special seat, since you think your so special." "I guess you needed a really special seat."

DH was so flabbergasted he did not say anything back, just stunned.

We have never encountered such a rude encounter with an employee before. We did tell a lead at FJ what happened and they apologized.

That is totally unacceptable. I would have taken the employee's name and went to Guest Services to have the complaint on record. That employee took the time to be rude, it wasn't a knee jerk reaction, and that sort of guest interaction should not be tolerated.

I’m with damo, that comment should be reported and documented.

That is a dreadful way to speak to a guest. I’m sorry that happened to you. Totally unacceptable and yep, I don’t care how bad a day an employee is having, that is never acceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter