First night eating, suggestions?

wacowgirl

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! Folks and I will be getting into MCO about 4pm and then driving out to POFQ. Mom is in a scooter so keep that in mind. Currently, I have a ressie booked for Storybook at 8:35pm. Mom and dad are ok with the menu.

Should I keep this? Is it really worth eating here? For me it is but my parents are elderly, flying in from Seattle and although they say it's fine, I don't know if they are just saying this just to make me happy or not (I love the dwarfs). I just want them to be comfortable.

If Storybook isn't doable for them, where else would you suggest? We're on the DDP so table service is ok.

Personally, I'd just at Port Orleans. Boatwright's is pretty decent OR find something at Disney Springs.

I usually don't like to go anywhere beyond the resort on travel days if I'm arriving after 3.

Making the trip over to Wilderness Lodge and eating a late dinner like that after a day of travel/time change sounds like a lot for elderly people with mobility issues.

It it were me I would keep it simple and either dine at POFQ/POR or take the boat to Disney Springs and eat at one of the many places there. Reservations are much easier to get at Disney Springs and you can book them through Open Table. So if you get there and your parents are tired and just feel like hanging at the resort, you can cancel without penalty.

Keep in mind landing at 4 really means leaving closer to 5. Add in any potential delays and you might be cutting it close. That is a long flying day from Seattle...
I would stick to your resort as well.

I really think you need to have more of a discussion with your parents instead of us so it doesn't end up as both people trying to be overly considerate of the others and no one ends up doing what they want. Your parents know best what they can handle. It also depends what you mean by elderly. My parents are in their 70s one with mobility issues and they would prefer to go out to eat on their first night. It sounds like you have a car which would make going to dinner MUCH easier than relying on disney transportation. My mom also loves wilderness lodge so this would be a no-brainer for her. It will also still be pretty early for you guys because of the time change so it might be good to go out and do something. If you take it too slow it may be tough to get to sleep at a normal florida time.

Travel is exhausting. I make nothing non refundable on arrival day. Flights may be delayed or you may just be exhausted. I would stick to the resort or boat to DS w an adr from open table w no cancel penalty.

I would just eat somewhere at your resort.
I suspect your parents will be tired after the flight and may not really enjoy the character meal as much.
Since you are driving, that makes getting there easier than Disney transportation.

I'd consider eating at Disney Springs where it's easy to get a reservation same day via opentable.com and you have several TS eateries to choice from all accepted by the dining plan. Seems you have boat access from your resort to DS so that's simple too.

We like to order in pizza to eat at our resort the first night. We either eat it in our room, find some quiet place at the resort, or go down to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!