First Post - Questions

hawt1

Mouseketeer
First post and I've got about a million questions...and from what I am reading here, you seem to have a million and one answers. So, here goes:

Has anyone ever rented a 15 passenger van? What was yoru best price and from whom? Or would you recommend two regular minivans for a party of 6 adults and 5 kids plus all of the luggage and car seats that come with this group?

How do you get the cheapest flights from Buffalo to Orlando or Toronto to Orlando? Is it better to call the airline directly or go thru an online site and which airline or site seems to be best?

We are looking at the last week of March 2003 for a large trip. Should we be booking things now or can we wait and still get rooms and flights?

Any suggestions on a good resort where we can get multiple 2 bedroom units? Would be willing to subject ourselves to timeshare sharks for a good deal? Needs to be a child/infant friendly resort?

Thanks,

WELCOME! You will get a TON of great info here! We also meet in person several times a year! It's great fun!

Buffalo to Orlando: folks seem to like Southwest Airline.

Rental Van: Rent here or there? We rented a mini-van for $199 per week from Dollar at MCO. It was the best deal I've seen. That was April 2002.

Both airfare and car rentals have really jumped in price. We got airfare via Air Transat April 2001 for about $360 (all inclusive) booking 6 months in advance YYZ to MCO. A year later, April 2002, Air Canada was over $400 (all inclusive) from Toronto.

We love staying on site. But you might consider renting a multi bedroom house near WDW. They are very reasonable.

Other great web sites are www.mousesavers.com and www.wdwig.com CHAT SOON! S

Welcome to the DIS hawt1!

I would recommend getting two vans if you are planning to stay off-site. You have a lot of people in your party and you may want to split up part of the time and having two vehicles might just be a little simpler for that. We have rented vans at Dollar http://www.dollarcar.com and you can usually get their $199 US/Wk deal. Try codes KISS or FVG for discounts.

For accommodations, I would HIGHLY recommend renting a vacation home. You get your own full kitchen, washer/dryer, your own private pool and maybe even a hot tub! If you get a home in Rolling Hills or Indian Ridge Oaks, it's only about a 5 minute drive to Disney. Others are about 10 or more mins to Disney.

I have used Loyalty USA http://www.loyaltyusa.com and highly recommend them!

I would also recommend Florida Leisure http://www.floridaleisure.com as I have heard good things about them and one of the owner/operators is actually on the DIS.

For accommodations, I would recommend booking now or soon as March tends to be booked quickly and you can always look for better deals in the meantime and change/cancel your reservation.

Happy Planning! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter