First Solo Trip - How many days?

My first real solo trip was 9 days.. it was both too long and not long enough. I got tired of the hotel after about a week and should have thought of changing hotels. (This was AKL, and while beautiful, it wasn't my favorite.) I could easily do another 9 day trip staying at POFQ. If I could afford it :) I loved being able to just relax and take things at a pace I wanted. No reason to rush. Since that trip, my solo trips are usually 6-7 days. I don't mind taking things slow and I love doing things more than once, not just the thrill rides.

My first solo trip was 6 days/5 nights. I didn't even get to AK at all and could have spent another 5 days there, honestly. For my next TBD one in 2018 I'm planning 8 days/7 nights. That SHOULD be plenty, since I'm skipping Universal/Harry Potter this time around, but who knows. Whatever you do, have fun!

going on my first - 5/28 - 6/2. going by myself but it's during the DIS event for the 20th. So - I won't be alone all the time. I'm a little nervous. I can do this.

I've always felt that the longer the better, no matter who I'm with/not with haha My first solo trip was 7 days, and I felt like it was perfect. It was during F&W, so I had plenty of extra activities to occupy me. I'm solitary by nature, though, so extended alone time doesn't bother me.

Planning my first solo trip 09/12-18 but thinking of adding a day to do 4 parks in 1 day.....thoughts?

Planning my first solo trip 09/12-18 but thinking of adding a day to do 4 parks in 1 day.....thoughts?
I did it once a decade (or more) ago (when I was younger and moved faster). It was fun. I picked my one favorite thing to do in each park.

I don't remember much as it was so long ago. You could do more than one thing with the express buses and longer park hours now. I remember listening to my ipod (which was a new thing back then) as I waited for buses.

I am going to have to try and hit 4 parks in one day... Maybe my next trip. It might be easier with the new express bus system.. if it's still in place when I go.

I'm planning my first solo trip the end of this August and will be there during F&W the last two days of my trip. I am planning to arrive a day before for my 4 day/4 night package starts. So, technically I will have 5 days and 5 nights but my package won't start until the 2nd day. Thought I would relax at the resort on arrival day and have dinner at Disney Springs. I have not booked the package yet but I just booked my airfare 2 days ago. I'm having a hard time deciding on a resort but hopefully I'll book tomorrow.

I know I'll miss my family but I'm excited to try this adventure solo.

I'm planning my first solo trip the end of this August and will be there during F&W the last two days of my trip. I am planning to arrive a day before for my 4 day/4 night package starts. So, technically I will have 5 days and 5 nights but my package won't start until the 2nd day. Thought I would relax at the resort on arrival day and have dinner at Disney Springs. I have not booked the package yet but I just booked my airfare 2 days ago. I'm having a hard time deciding on a resort but hopefully I'll book tomorrow.

I know I'll miss my family but I'm excited to try this adventure solo.

Port Orleans FQ is a VERY nice resort. It's the smallest moderate resort on property. The only drawback, for some, is that it doesn't have a sit down server restaurant. I don't eat my main meals at the resort, so that's no big deal for me. It usually has it's own bus. The length of the resort is the distance from the hub in Magic Kingdom to the entrance to Space Mountain, so even if you are at the end of the resort, your walk to the bus stop/entrance area is only half that distance. There's a boat to Disney Springs which is a really nice ride and, I think, perfect for your first night.

When I go back next year, if I can afford it, I will be staying at PO FQ. (Unless I can get a really good deal on the Contemporary because I want to stay in the A-frame for nostalgic reasons)

I've been down for WDW/spring training baseball solo trips for several years now that have usually gone around 4 or 5 nights. They've all been fun, but I found I was usually ready to go home by the end. This year DW was supposed to come down after the solo portion of my trip was done for several days, but a last minute complication kept her home. As a result, my solo trip turned into 9 nights. Knowing I had a longer time, I changed the pacing of the trip, slowed things down a bit and didn't feel I had burned myself out. I don't think the opportunity to do the longer trip will happen again, but I enjoyed it more than I expected to.

in the past all my solo trips have been 5 days. since i always go during f&w i think 5 days is more then enough time to enjoy everything at a slower pace. but i also book it in a period of time based on the lineup for the eat the beat concerts so i can catch 2-3 different groups that are playing

Having done many trips with the family this too will be my first solo trip (in March 2018). I'm currently booked for 13 nights, but I think everyone's capacity for how happy they are on their own will vary. I've regularly travelled alone and being an avid photographer benefit a little from not having to make others wait for me all the time. Coming from the UK also means that with the flight being 9ish hours over the first full day is likely to be wiped out by jetlag and the last day is partly preparing to come back.

My first solo trip was 4 nights. Since then I've done 5, 7 and 9 night trips. I'm planning a 2 week trip in the fall. I do get lonely occasionally at Disney, but it's very short lived. Usually its when I see or do something that someone in my family would love. So, I send them a picture and we have a conversation by text and by then the loneliness has passed. And Disney has so much to keep your mind occupied, you don't have time to be lonely!

I did 4 days, 3 nights. I didn't have much I wanted to do in HS/EP so I knocked those both out in the afternoon after arrival. Then I did an MK day, then AK, then back for a half day at MK before heading off to the airport. I really think it just depends on what you want to do. But I wouldn't do fewer than 3 nights- that seems way too short for a vacation with a 3 hour flight (in my case).

My first solo trip was 4 days myself and 3 with my sister as we had slightly overlapping vacation time. Four days was good for me. The best part for me was making plans and then deciding to blow them off if I wanted to- for me it was the closest thing to an unplanned Disney trip as you can get with the FP+ system. Obviously I didn't do any dining reservations but I found I was able to walk into a few places. I really enjoyed it!

My first solo trip was just 1 full day, a Mother's Day gift from my family. I flew there Friday night, did the parks Saturday and flew home on Sunday. The only good part was that this was back in the day of the non-expiring passes, and for tickets, I used the last day of a 6-day park hopper we'd had from a previous trip, so even for just one day, I DID park-hop. Since then I've done all different length trips, lots of 5 day trips, longest was 12 days. I find that about 8 days seems "best" probably", but there's no "bad" trip length for a solo trip!

going on my first - 5/28 - 6/2. going by myself but it's during the DIS event for the 20th. So - I won't be alone all the time. I'm a little nervous. I can do this.

How did your solo trip go? I'm anxious to hear all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter